Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

It looks like that is in building 2 (south). Is that a significantly further walk to the boardwalk and dining? What about overlooking the main lawn green space between the lobby and the boardwalk? I wasn't sure if that would be any quieter or still quite noisy at night with all of the foot traffic, entertainment, and dining closer to those rooms.
We had a village green view but on the inn side directly across. We loved it but the noise from the boardwalk is significant especially if you are hoping to be asleep by 9pm. There are performers on the boardwalk in this area later than that, movies on the lawn right there, and lots of people out pretty late.

So excited after 3 years to finally be back at the Boardwalk Villas next September- 4 nights so far!- hoping for at least 8- but having to wait for someone to walk their reservation to get the rest of the nights... (seems a really weird time of year to be walking a reservation but oh well!)

We're currently booked at CBR for 7 nights in January (Marathon Weekend) with a 5th sleeper room. There are 4 of us, but the additional bed is important to us with a teen and tween who can't share a bed. But I've been eying the discount on BWI - the only rooms available at that time are Garden View and Standard view. How many of those rooms have the daybed?

I completely understand that it would only be a request and not guaranteed. But I'm curious how many rooms have them at that level, and thus how likely our request might be met. I've looked at room finder tools online, but they don't have a daybed listed at those categories.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions! My gut is to keep the guaranteed 5th sleeper (at a lower price), but really wanted to be at BWI.

Last edited:

I have booked a BWV studio through Disney with the AP discount
The only view that was offered was Standard view; can I make a room request for Water or Garden view? I know it’s not guaranteed... but is there any chance that it will get something that isn’t overlooking the parking lot?

Also, I will be there with two kids (5 and 2). Any tips / suggestions for room locations?
And is the studio a good choice vs BWI standard room? (Or vs yacht club standard room?)

I have booked a BWV studio through Disney with the AP discount
The only view that was offered was Standard view; can I make a room request for Water or Garden view? I know it’s not guaranteed... but is there any chance that it will get something that isn’t overlooking the parking lot?

Also, I will be there with two kids (5 and 2). Any tips / suggestions for room locations?
And is the studio a good choice vs BWI standard room? (Or vs yacht club standard room?)
Usually the view for all Disney Reservation Center BWV studios is pool/garden, not the DVC standard view of the front entrance to the parking lot. That view is usually booked up quickly because it requires fewer points than the BW view or the Garden/Pool view. Plus it is only about 20% of the total number of villas. The BW view is about another 20% and it leaves about 60% for the pool/garden.

You could get a Village Green view or the Leisure pool is a bit quieter than the Luna Park view.

Where did you rent the car from and how much was it? If you don't mind me asking.

We are going out in March for a honeymoon! :-)

Lyft or the Minnie Van aren't rentals, their a livery service. You use the Lyft app and the price is dependent on where you are going (although I think the Minnie Van is one price on site? I use Lyft, not the van)

For rentals, there is Alamo and National at the Dolphin or the car care center. There's an Avis at the Hilton on near Disney Springs and Dollar at the Wyndham near Disney Springs.

Usually the view for all Disney Reservation Center BWV studios is pool/garden, not the DVC standard view of the front entrance to the parking lot. That view is usually booked up quickly because it requires fewer points than the BW view or the Garden/Pool view. Plus it is only about 20% of the total number of villas. The BW view is about another 20% and it leaves about 60% for the pool/garden.

You could get a Village Green view or the Leisure pool is a bit quieter than the Luna Park view.

That’s awesome, thanks! I was hoping for that!
(Extra bonus if we get a boardwalk view but I would be really happy with a garden/pool view!)
I guess we can probably we make room requests (higher floor, etc) with online checkin?
You just made me really happy!!!

That’s awesome, thanks! I was hoping for that!
(Extra bonus if we get a boardwalk view but I would be really happy with a garden/pool view!)
I guess we can probably we make room requests (higher floor, etc) with online checkin?
You just made me really happy!!!
You probably won't get the BW view because that is a booking category for DVC members. But the Village Green would be kind of close to a BW view. Online check in doesn't really give you much of a choice. You could call and add a request to your reservations

What do you guys think about 7 adults and 3 children in a 2 bedroom villa? The site says it sleeps 9 adults so we should be good right?

I am used to just planning trips for myself and my husband, sometimes our DD comes along but for Nov 2020 my parents and my sisters family would like to join us.

I always rent DVC points and I’m thinking it’s going to be impossible for 3 studios in Nov so our best bet would be a 2 bedroom.

Any advice is welcome!!

What do you guys think about 7 adults and 3 children in a 2 bedroom villa? The site says it sleeps 9 adults so we should be good right?

The only way you would be able to book 10 guests is if one of the children is under the age of 3. If they are all 3 yrs or older, you would be over occupancy and won't be able to book.

The only way you would be able to book 10 guests is if one of the children is under the age of 3. If they are all 3 yrs or older, you would be over occupancy and won't be able to book.
The youngest will have just turned 4....is there a way to pay a fee to add another person or is my only option then a two bedroom and a studio?

You need a two bedroom and a studio. Or three studios or three one bedrooms or a grand villa for ten people.
Thanks, what do you think my best bet would be availability wise? The site I usually book with is telling me 0% chance for 3 studios in Nov.

So crazy that I can’t book what I want even at 11 months out!

Also, when do reservations actually open up? Can I book on the first of Dec for Nov 16th 2020 or do I have to wait for the actual week?

Thanks, what do you think my best bet would be availability wise? The site I usually book with is telling me 0% chance for 3 studios in Nov.

Also, when do reservations actually open up? Can I book on the first of Dec for Nov 16th 2020 or do I have to wait for the actual week?

Reservations open up 11 months to the day. For a stay beginning November 16, the owner can book on December 16.

BWV studios are exceedingly popular in November. Even owners booking for themselves have little to no chance of getting 3 studios for the same week. Two bedrooms aren’t any better because they’re all lockoffs, meaning that when studios are booked up, so are 2 bedrooms.

You’d actually have better chances of getting 3 1-bedroom villas. They book up last.

You can't book Nov 16 until Dec 16 with DVC points. Two villas will be a lot easier than three. One Grand Villa at that time of year might be difficult unless you get someone with enough points to book it right at 11 months out. You can't book all three at the same time. The owner you are working with needs to book them online to get the hour headstart on members booking by calling. The owner has to finish the booking of one single room before they can book a second. The other issue is your broker needs to have an owner with enough points to book all the villas you need. You really don't want to have multiple owners booking so they can all book right at 8AM EST because they need to add the other reservation numbers to include the "traveling with " notation on the reservation.

November is the middle of Fall Frenzy for owners.

By the way, if you get any private messages from people saying they can get you what you want, ignore them. That is how people get scammed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter