Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are very excited about our first stay at BWI! We have a standard view room booked. Within this category, are there any requests we should make for our room location? We don't mind walking, so we don't need to be close to the lobby. Are there any potential good views with the standard category?

I can't help with requests, but wanted to say congrats on booking your first BWI stay. BWI is a beautiful resort, hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I have a posting re: this. Returned after the most amazing 6 day stay CL at Boardwalk. One of the best vacays ever. Great staff, beautiful Boardwalk views and good lounge access. The BEST CL food (have previously stayed CL at GF and AKL; they were great but BWI.... incredible) We did the CL extra fast pass so we had 6 FPs minimum (and ofter got 2 more) Have a great time.
That is exactly what we're doing! I just bought 4 days of CL FP. I think we're in for a super time and can't wait to stay at BWI. In fact, I've schedule a rest day just to hang around the Boardwalk.

We are very excited about our first stay at BWI! We have a standard view room booked. Within this category, are there any requests we should make for our room location? We don't mind walking, so we don't need to be close to the lobby. Are there any potential good views with the standard category?
Our only request has been for an upper floor. We’ve been at the very farthest room from the lobby and also right by the elevator. The only room I was unhappy with was overlooking the sidewalk to the bus stop. Rope droppers and night owls seem to forget they shouldn’t shout at each other.
The one thing I wish they had more of at BWI is king size beds. There are less than 10 including all the view types. we did get one once.

We have made many visits to the BWI, standard view room. We would request Epcot view. We frequently got a view of the Eiffel Tower and once a view of Spaceship Earth. Once we were at the very far end of a corridor with a view overlooking the quiet pool. Many times we overlooked the garden courtyards. Only once did we have a less than wonderful view that looked out over the roof of the meeting rooms. I feel the BWI offers a number of nice, quiet views in the standard room view category.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Hi Boardwalk experts!

I apologize in advance, I know I've asked this before, but I can't find where I wrote down the information and I can't find my original post!

I booked a water view, not club level, on the Inn side. Does the 4th floor have non-club level water view rooms? Or are they mainly on 3rd floor? Does anyone have a floor preference for any specific reason (better view, better balcony, etc.)? I doubt I'll make any requests since I booked the view I want, but just doing some research on a Sunday morning.

thanks! :)

No, I do not believe there are going to be any nonCL water view rooms on the 4th floor.

Hi all,
Looking at booking BWV in October, and I was wondering what effect, if any, F & W at Epcot has on the “rowdiness” at the resort. We have lots of F & W experience...so we know what we are getting into at Epcot, but first time (potentially) at BWV.

We definitely will partake in the festival, but with two little ones I’m worried that late night noise may be an issue.

I would expect some crowds on the walk back at the end of the night, and some noise. But are we talking college level rowdiness?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
Looking at booking BWV in October, and I was wondering what effect, if any, F & W at Epcot has on the “rowdiness” at the resort. We have lots of F & W experience...so we know what we are getting into at Epcot, but first time (potentially) at BWV.

We definitely will partake in the festival, but with two little ones I’m worried that late night noise may be an issue.

I would expect some crowds on the walk back at the end of the night, and some noise. But are we talking college level rowdiness?

Thanks in advance!
BWV will be totally booked because F&W is a big favorite for DVC members. More than likely, if you find a villa available, you will get a pool/garden view. That should be away from the actual Boardwalk area and any noise there.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
We stayed in a BWI resort room during food and wine once and last October in the BCV during f&w and didn’t notice any difference at all. In fact, the BCV were almost spookily quiet in the halls, we almost never saw anyone and we know it was fully booked. I don’t really see any reason the BWV would be different? I wouldn’t worry about that at all.

We stayed in a BWI resort room during food and wine once and last October in the BCV during f&w and didn’t notice any difference at all. In fact, the BCV were almost spookily quiet in the halls, we almost never saw anyone and we know it was fully booked. I don’t really see any reason the BWV would be different? I wouldn’t worry about that at all.
BCV is located behind the BC so it is insulated from the visitors walking past or to the resorts. The BWV are located right on the BW near all action. So the BW view villas would be the worst.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

I hardly notice any issues with crowds or noise levels walking home from EPCOT. We find BWV to be a quiet oasis away from the craziness of the parks.

Staying 24-30 March, 2019. Does anyone know if they have king and 2 queen connecting rooms if I request? Standard rooms booked with my in-laws:)

BCV is located behind the BC so it is insulated from the visitors walking past or to the resorts. The BWV are located right on the BW near all action. So the BW view villas would be the worst.
True, true. I still don’t think it’s something I would give a second thought to. Our Boardwalk Inn room during F&W faced the Village Green and we didn’t have any problems or ever notice loud crowds or drunk groups, etc... with the door shut I’ve never had a problem with noises in any Disney room, beyond really loud neighbors with a connecting door.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

We stay at BWV every F&W and the noise level is no different than at any other time of the year.

Going back to BWV in July. Have studio - Pool/Garden View. Last time we overlooked the middle green area and could see the Boardwalk Area and facing Epcot. It was a great location (I think 3rd or 4th floor). What is that location called - is it the Village Green Area?

Going back to BWV in July. Have studio - Pool/Garden View. Last time we overlooked the middle green area and could see the Boardwalk Area and facing Epcot. It was a great location (I think 3rd or 4th floor). What is that location called - is it the Village Green Area?
Yes, that's The Green

Yes, that's The Green

Thanks. Hoping I can get that view again. It was awesome. Is this something I should request in advance - would I have a better chance. Normally I just wing it and get what we get.

Heading to our favorite BWI in less than 3 weeks. Can anyone who has stayed recently speak to how the busses have been? The last three times we've gone over the last couple of years we've loved that BWI had its own dedicated bus and wasn't sharing with neighboring resorts. Also... wait times?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter