Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yes! There is a staircase at the very end of the hallway (under Crest of the Wave) that is a shortcut to DHS and to Swan/Dolphin boat dock.
Thank you. Do you happen to know if there is also an entrance to the Villas that is not on the Boardwalk itself but further down the path to DHS?

I just booked at BWI Villas. It was the only discount at any of the Epcot resorts I could get today. It's the one bedroom standard view with one king bed and on pullout queen.

Is there anything I need to know about staying at a villa? I've only stayed in regular rooms. Is there anything extra I need to bring that is not provided but usually is with a standard room? Toiletries or hair dryer?

Also how is the pullout bed? Is it comfortable or should we expect it to be like sleeping on a couch?

There's no real difference, just more stuff in the Villa (utensils, plates, cups, etc) and the full sized fridge and laundry.

The bed is reasonable but nothing great. It is a sofa sleeper so nothing to write home about. It is more comfortable than sleeping on it as a sofa (I did both).

Can anyone who’s been since the Skyline opened give an update on how it’s been at IG at park opening? The crowds? The lines? Etc

There's no real difference, just more stuff in the Villa (utensils, plates, cups, etc) and the full sized fridge and laundry.

The bed is reasonable but nothing great. It is a sofa sleeper so nothing to write home about. It is more comfortable than sleeping on it as a sofa (I did both).

Thanks! I just grabbed the room without really looking at the details. After switching I was wondering if it was still considered a full hotel. The full sized fridge will be good for left overs at least. I refuse to cook while there.

I hate to say anything to diminish your joy, but please take a word of caution. Apparently some of the AP rates showing this morning were incorrect, and Disney pulled them. This has happened in the past also. When it did, Disney did not always honor the incorrect rates. According to discussion in the Discounts forum, guests who had booked were offered one night at the incorrect rate as a goodwill gesture, but the rest of the stay was billed at Disney’s intended price.

I reeeally hope that’s not what will happen this time. But just in case, please be prepared with a backup plan. Good luck!
How can they take it away from me when I received the confirmation email with each days rate noted on the confirmation? When would they say it was a system error??? I just went back on MDE and there are still rooms available at the cottages but yes, I'll grant you, the rate has jumped from $370.00 to $811. I guess I'm wondering....how are they gonna charge me more than what my reservation confirmation said? When we check in/out? That's like false advertising. I get that stuff happens...but how can they not honor it?

How can they take it away from me when I received the confirmation email with each days rate noted on the confirmation? When would they say it was a system error??? I just went back on MDE and there are still rooms available at the cottages but yes, I'll grant you, the rate has jumped from $370.00 to $811. I guess I'm wondering....how are they gonna charge me more than what my reservation confirmation said? When we check in/out? That's like false advertising. I get that stuff happens...but how can they not honor it?

It doesn’t make sense to me either, but I guess it’s happened before. I really hope that this time Disney accepts their mistake, lets you keep your wonderful rate, and the concern is in vain. But I thought if it was me, I’d appreciate the heads up. Good luck!

It doesn’t make sense to me either, but I guess it’s happened before. I really hope that this time Disney accepts their mistake, lets you keep your wonderful rate, and the concern is in vain. But I thought if it was me, I’d appreciate the heads up. Good luck!
Totally appreciate the heads up. If I do get some communication, at least I'll know that I'm not likely the only one....:).

If they don’t honor the price, please post.
Absolutely I will. Just doesn't seem right that they can take it away....but I guess it's happened with airlines. Some crazy low price to fly to Hawaii or across the pond to England, didn't they take the fares away?

Thanks! I just grabbed the room without really looking at the details. After switching I was wondering if it was still considered a full hotel. The full sized fridge will be good for left overs at least. I refuse to cook while there.
The full size refrigerator is only in the 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, not the studio. The studio will have the small dorm size refrigerator.
Denise

Thank you. Do you happen to know if there is also an entrance to the Villas that is not on the Boardwalk itself but further down the path to DHS?
The villas have 2 long wings, one that ends next to the dueling piano bar (and there is staircase down there), plus one that is about halfway down the hall, which brings you down next to the Wyland Gallery.
The other wing goes down the front of the resort, and halfway down there is a stairway that brings you right across from the parking lot. At the very end of that hall is another stairway which drops you out on the pathway to the studios.
Denise

I bet there’s something in the fine print to cover them in case of computer error

Can anyone who’s been since the Skyline opened give an update on how it’s been at IG at park opening? The crowds? The lines? Etc

We’re here now, and I think it is most definitely more crowded. Tonight (Friday) there was a large crowd when we were heading in for dinner at 4:30.
I actually got a little mad, because there are no signs for the lines ( like no bags, strollers, etc) and my mom finally got to the front of the line in her scooter and then was told no, she needed to be in line 2 or 3, and she had to go to the back of the line again in the “proper” line. So walking from BWV to inside the park took us 25 minutes.
Also, there is a temporary customer service/ticket counter along the walkway. On our way back from dinner around 6:30pm it had a very long line that was mostly blocking the walkway, we literally had to go single file along the fence nearest the water to get through. They definitely need some type of ropes to make a line to control the line. They were just spread out everywhere.
Park opening was pretty much the same, at least during our time here this week.

The full size refrigerator is only in the 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, not the studio. The studio will have the small dorm size refrigerator.
Denise
The poster with the question has a one bedroom.

In order to get the new discount I switched from the BWI to the Boardwalk villas studio ( we have never stayed at a villa before)... but we have stayed many times at BWI,Yacht and Beach.... Please someone tell me its just as nice as the BWI. Thanks

We might be staying at the Villas in January but one of the things that turned us off about the Inn in August was there was only once entrance to the Inn wing and that was from the lobby. our room was at the very end of the wing and it would have been nice to be able to enter by the ESPN club. Do the Villas have any entrances closer to the DHS end, or do we have to walk all the way back to the lobby to then walk backwards if our villa was close to DHS?
Thanks!

There are many exits/entrances from the Villas side other than the main lobby. It is not like the Inn side. Additionally, there are some staircases on the Boardwalk side that exit but have no entrance. The primary exit/entrances (other than the lobby) are scattered throughout the canal facing side of the Villas and they are pretty plentiful.

We’re here now, and I think it is most definitely more crowded. Tonight (Friday) there was a large crowd when we were heading in for dinner at 4:30.
I actually got a little mad, because there are no signs for the lines ( like no bags, strollers, etc) and my mom finally got to the front of the line in her scooter and then was told no, she needed to be in line 2 or 3, and she had to go to the back of the line again in the “proper” line. So walking from BWV to inside the park took us 25 minutes.
Also, there is a temporary customer service/ticket counter along the walkway. On our way back from dinner around 6:30pm it had a very long line that was mostly blocking the walkway, we literally had to go single file along the fence nearest the water to get through. They definitely need some type of ropes to make a line to control the line. They were just spread out everywhere.
Park opening was pretty much the same, at least during our time here this week.
Is the redo of the area finished or are there still construction walls?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter