Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi everyone! I have 2 random questions... we are staying in a standard studio...checking in Saturday.... CAN'T WAIT!!
Anyway, it's just a regular coffee maker, correct? Not a keuirg? And for some reason I remember there being a plastic laundry basket in the closet... am I imagining that? I'd like to do laundry during the week and I thought that would be great to use as a hamper and then I could just carry it to the laundry room.

Thanks!

We have never had a laundry basket in a studio.

We have never had a laundry basket in a studio.

I have never seen one either. I just bring one of those folding laundry baskets with and put all our dirty clothes in there and then down to do laundry.

Ok! I must not be remembering correctly! I am going to bring a fold up basket. Thanks for the tip!
I thought I remembered them being in the larger villas, but not the studios. We asked for one a long time ago and they brought us one of the yellow plastic laundry bags.

I thought I remembered them being in the larger villas, but not the studios. We asked for one a long time ago and they brought us one of the yellow plastic laundry bags.

I thought they were located in units that had in room washers/dryers, but I could be wrong. I just know I have never had one in a studio although it isn't a problem because I don't do laundry on vacation. :laundy:

We just stayed in a studio last month, there are definitely no laundry baskets, likely only in the rooms with the washer/dryers.

I bought a handful of those mesh laundry bags from dollar tree and used one for dirty clothes and brought an unopened one to put our clean clothes in. Takes up a lot less space than a foldable laundry basket. We drive to WDW but we still have so much stuff that bringing the small mesh bags is a lifesaver over the basket.

Hi everyone! I have 2 random questions... we are staying in a standard studio...checking in Saturday.... CAN'T WAIT!!
Anyway, it's just a regular coffee maker, correct? Not a keuirg? And for some reason I remember there being a plastic laundry basket in the closet... am I imagining that? I'd like to do laundry during the week and I thought that would be great to use as a hamper and then I could just carry it to the laundry room.

Thanks!
just use a duffle (we bring a foldable one) for the laundry.
and btw, you can use paper towel in lieu of a coffee filter, if need be.

Y'all, I am super excited about my upcoming trip in early November. I've never stayed at Boardwalk before. I was able to get a Florida resident discount on a Garden view room, so we (I'm taking mom because she needs a vacation) are staying 2 nights. Planning on doing Hollywood Studios and Food & Wine. Also snagged a reservation on check out day for breakfast at nearby Cape May so I'm excited a) to do a character breakfast and b) to finally have Mickey waffles. (it was only a few months ago we had our first Dole Whip float. I get why people love these)

A few quick questions, though, if you don't mind?
1) Maybe because it's too far out to request online, but I wasn't able to make any room requests? I was hoping to request something either main floor or close to an elevator so mom doesn't have to do a lot of extra walking.
1.5) Are 2 queen beds standard for Garden View rooms, or will I be sleeping on the pull-out sofa?
2) Are there really only a few outside access doors from the actual Boardwalk into the resort?
3) Quick service/counter service options: mostly the bakery and the pizza window? (speaking specifically at Boardwalk)
4) Merchandise! Will the on-site store at least have Boardwalk pins? (I collect one from each resort I stay at)

Thanks for the help!

Y'all, I am super excited about my upcoming trip in early November. I've never stayed at Boardwalk before. I was able to get a Florida resident discount on a Garden view room, so we (I'm taking mom because she needs a vacation) are staying 2 nights. Planning on doing Hollywood Studios and Food & Wine. Also snagged a reservation on check out day for breakfast at nearby Cape May so I'm excited a) to do a character breakfast and b) to finally have Mickey waffles. (it was only a few months ago we had our first Dole Whip float. I get why people love these)

1) Maybe because it's too far out to request online, but I wasn't able to make any room requests? I was hoping to request something either main floor or close to an elevator so mom doesn't have to do a lot of extra walking.
1.5) Are 2 queen beds standard for Garden View rooms, or will I be sleeping on the pull-out sofa?
2) Are there really only a few outside access doors from the actual Boardwalk into the resort?
3) Quick service/counter service options: mostly the bakery and the pizza window? (speaking specifically at Boardwalk)
4) Merchandise! Will the on-site store at least have Boardwalk pins? (I collect one from each resort I stay at)

Thanks for the help!
Are you staying in the Inn, or the Villas? It makes a difference about what beds you have. If you are in a Villas studio you will have a queen bed and a pull out couch.
Denise

Thanks for the help!

1-if you’re staying in a studio on the DVC side then you’ll have a queen bed, a queen pull out sofa and a Murphy bed under your tv for a small adult, but really intended for a child.
2- there are a handful of access doors that make their way out to the boardwalk. You can pull up a Disney resort map and most spots labeled for smoking are adjacent to access doors to go outside. Your magic band will get you back in. The majority of exits are of course located off the lobby. We stayed in a DVC studio on our last trip and loved our location. We were the second floor which is the lobby level and right off the lobby. Not noisy at all and very convenient to the boardwalk. We had a pool view.
3- yes boardwalk bakery and the pizza window are the best options. There are some items you can get inside the sundry shop but most are items like frozen pizzas and stuff for those staying in larger DVC rooms that have ovens.
4- yes the general store had boardwalk pins. There was a super cute larger pin with Mickey and Minnie in their 20s outfits. I don’t collect but I almost bought it.

Thanks for the help!
Have fun!!!

1. We were in 5308 and it was perfect. You could see Epcot fireworks. You can see my pics on touring plans for that room.
2. We used the one that lets you in by Belle Vue and it wasn’t too bad to go to the Bakery and Pizza Window.
3. Yes. We walked into France and ate there more.
4. Yes

Thanks for the help!
1. It’s just broken. Has been for years
1.5 2 queens are standard. I would call them to have them note you want 2 beds. They may see 2 people and assign you a king room. Calling will help
2. On the Inn side only a couple right off the lobby, none actually take you out to the Boardwalk, all to the Green area, then you walk to the Boardwalk
3. Plus there is a stand on the Boardwalk with food and Belle Vue lounge serves breakfast.
4. There usually is. Until they are at design change time. Then there’s often a lul between designs. We collect them too.

does anyone know if they are still giving out shampoo and conditioner bottles, or has boardwalk switched to the pumps mounted in the shower? How about in Club level rooms?

does anyone know if they are still giving out shampoo and conditioner bottles, or has boardwalk switched to the pumps mounted in the shower? How about in Club level rooms?
Individual bottles of shampoo/conditioner still provided in standard rooms. Not sure about club rooms, bit can't imagine it would be different.

We just left today and our room (water view) had shampoo, conditioner, & body wash bottles. NO lotion, which really was disappointing, if they absolutely HAD to cut something, I’d much rather they cut the body wash. Bar soap is provided so no real need for body wash, but there is a real need for lotion. My DH did ask housekeeping about lotion was told it wasn’t provide & to go buy it.
A side note about those pumps, some hotels have changed to. We stayed at a Hilton on the way to Disney and they had those. I had so much trouble getting anything out of them. They were the squeeze kind & if it wasn’t completely full, it was difficult. I don’t have a strong grip & am 5’ tall. The ones in the shower were placed high, so I couldn’t use height (leverage) to help me. I had to get my DH to come in and squeeze the wash, shampoo, & conditioner for me. And I think if it would be even worse for someone with arthritis in their hands and wrists.

We had a laundry basket in our Poly Studio during our July/August stay. I used it to do laundry in the DVC laundry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!