Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We’ll be gong to BWI in September and I just want to be sure I’m understanding this correctly. Every day MK will open at 7am & HS will open at 6am for EMH, which is only for guests staying at a Disney resort. I don’t trust my understanding sometimes of things lately.
Yeah. EMH is for Disney resort guests. Though this is also some DS resorts too. SOG, Swan, Dolphin

BWI is included, if that is your question. It's a Disney resort with out any question

We are literally just days away from our first Boardwalk Villas stay, and I couldn’t be more excited! I have watched so many videos, which are making me even more anxious to get there! I enjoyed reading all of your posts!!! So helpful!

We have owned at SSR for 14 years, but love BWV so much that that is where we added on in 2017! :cloud9: Have a magical vacation!

Yeah. EMH is for Disney resort guests. Though this is also some DS resorts too. SOG, Swan, Dolphin

BWI is included, if that is your question. It's a Disney resort with out any question

:thanks: I know about the resorts. I think I just found it so odd that it’s everyday that I wanted to make sure I wasn’t reading it incorrectly or confusing EMH with something else. Lol. It also scared the Mickey Mouse out of me realizing Disney is expecting such large crowds for GE that they’re willing to spend extra $$ to open 2 park early everyday for months! :oops:
Thx again!

Looking for some information on whether microwaves are available for in room use or if one is available somewhere to use. Staying in a regular room, not dvc, and would like to microwave some food for my grandson. Thanks for your help !

Looking for some information on whether microwaves are available for in room use or if one is available somewhere to use. Staying in a regular room, not dvc, and would like to microwave some food for my grandson. Thanks for your help !
Call Housekeeping and request a microwave. No guarantee, but if they have one available they will bring it to your room at no charge. I have done this in the past and it has worked for me, so good luck asking.

Just got back from an awesome stay at BVW, 1bd villa! 6/12/19-6/21/19

This will be our 5th year staying at the villa's and really love the location, theme, rooms and pool.

We book through Disney, so we get daily Mousekeeping. Mousekeeping was hit or miss this year. Sometimes they would not show, when they did show some items did not get refilled like laundry soap or toiletries. We would just call and have what ever was missing brought up.

The room had several issues when we arrived. The battery in the safe was dead, two light bulbs were burnt out and the phone was not working in the living room. Maintenance fixed all of them the next day. The living room door did not seal shut, so when it rained it leaked inside. The humidity was always in the room, so we would keep the air conditioning cooler than normal. Maintenance worked on the door, but it was never really right.

Our fridge door and freezer door did not seem to stay shut, the seals were getting old. We had to be very careful to make sure the seal was intact after shutting the doors.

Other wise the room was great. We had a nice view of the Luna Pool from the 5th floor. Far from the elevator, but closer to the DS side.

Loved the new pizza at the pool bar. Hated the breakfast options at Boardwalk Bakery. I miss the breakfast platter.

Great CM's, everyone was friendly and helpful.

If anyone has any questions let me know.

Rescue from page 2. 43 more days until we are home at the Boardwalk. Booked two 2020 trips next July for family trip and next October for DH and I to celebrate DD graduating early from college. Staying at the Boardwalk of course. It will be the first Food & Wine in a few years. Excited.
Have a great time. Just saw a picture of the new floor in the lounge, it looked beautiful! New cooking station and the filtered water set up is in now too. Cannot believe your daughter is graduating from college! Where has the time gone? I am still waiting for cast rates to be released for 2020 to book my trips.

Hi Everyone:) Our point rental for a 2BR villa for February 2020(finally!) came through! Has anyone stayed in a Garden/Pool view room that they have really loved? I'm trying to decide if I want to make any requests. TY!

Hi Everyone:) Our point rental for a 2BR villa for February 2020(finally!) came through! Has anyone stayed in a Garden/Pool view room that they have really loved? I'm trying to decide if I want to make any requests. TY!

We had a beautiful view of Luna Pool once - which we hated because we like to take afternoon naps but couldn’t because of the very loud activities taking place around the pool every day. So we’d rather have a view of the quiet pool. I spent a couple of hours on the balcony there one morning watching a bald eagle perched on the Swan across the way.

The villas are really showing their age with a lot of wear on top of that
I’m a bit worried about this, to be honest. Is the wear really noticeable? I’ve stayed solo at BWI 3x now and adore the rooms and location, so it was an easy choice for my August trip with my Mom. We then decided to upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Villa (booked through Disney with the AP discount) for the extra space. My Mom hasn’t been to Disney in 25 years, so I want everything to be amazing for her. Are the BW Villas still worth it? There’s availability at other (newer) DVC resorts, so I’m torn. I just don’t know enough about the quality of the Villa side of the BW to be completely comfortable with my decision.

Have a great time. Just saw a picture of the new floor in the lounge, it looked beautiful! New cooking station and the filtered water set up is in now too. Cannot believe your daughter is graduating from college! Where has the time gone? I am still waiting for cast rates to be released for 2020 to book my trips.
The time goes by fast for sure. She is graduating a semester early so she will be done December of this year 2019. She is leaning toward grad school but we made it through the first four years! Any chance on an October trip in there? Lol

I’m a bit worried about this, to be honest. Is the wear really noticeable? I’ve stayed solo at BWI 3x now and adore the rooms and location, so it was an easy choice for my August trip with my Mom. We then decided to upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Villa (booked through Disney with the AP discount) for the extra space. My Mom hasn’t been to Disney in 25 years, so I want everything to be amazing for her. Are the BW Villas still worth it? There’s availability at other (newer) DVC resorts, so I’m torn. I just don’t know enough about the quality of the Villa side of the BW to be completely comfortable with my decision.
We were still pleased with our stay at the BWV. We don't stay in Villas a lot mind you, as I really don't need that much space, nor a kitchen or laundry areas. I mean, kitchen and laundry and vacation are words that should never, ever go together, LOL But out of all the Villas we have stayed in, BWV was the one I liked the most.
But, the Villas do get a lot of use and sometimes they don't quite get the TLC that they need. So they aren't pristine. That doesn't mean they are run down by any means so don't get that impression. Unless you look hard, I bet you'll not notice anything wrong. We didn't (other than the horrible bed at SSR)

Hope that you and your Mom have an awesome vacation! Nothing beats BWV or BCV for proximity to Epcot and HS, Boardwalk area is so nice to walk around. If you will be there during F&W, enjoy, so Fun and SO CONVENIENT!:)

The time goes by fast for sure. She is graduating a semester early so she will be done December of this year 2019. She is leaning toward grad school but we made it through the first four years! Any chance on an October trip in there? Lol
Yes, I am hoping we can get one for October. What are your dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter