Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

A lot of the pool view first floor rooms have shrubbery around the patio so you can’t just walk off the patio, you would have to climb over shrubs to get to a walking path, that combined with the fact you can’t lock your way out, diminishes that as an advantage.
Denise

Good points. Thanks !

We only had 2 adults, so plenty of room. Depends on how close a group you are. I think a family group would be fine, but could see it hard to navigate with the sofa bed and Murphy bed all open.

We rented DVC points, but DH asked the housekeepers in the hall for a few more pods and they just gave them to him.
....thanks!! :thumbsup2 ......SOOOOOO excited! Only 3 days now....:scratchin I suppose that I'd better get packing....

Were checking in for a 5 night stay in 34 days. We rented points for a 1BR Pool/Garden view. Weve never stayed there before, and weve been going back and forth for a while on what room location we might want to request. With some Touring Plans help, were thinking wed most like Building 1, with a Luna Pool view on the ground floor (patio).

Any pros or cons i should think about ? We wont be at the resort much but have a couple late starts and figured weather willing, the kids would love running out to swim. Wife and I might enjoy a little patio time with some wine.

If thats what we settle on, should I use touring plans to request with and then do online checkin ?

I have a second stay at Poly Club Level and just phoned in the request for that one.

I know you rented points so I would see if the person you rented from can call in the request. Normally when directly through Disney I'd say call DRC, but in the case the DVC member has to add it for you I believe. I personally have found that to be the most effective way to get it added. I've used the TP fax, but it seems hit or miss.

If we request to be closer to elevator/lobby, are our odds better with a garden view? It seems by looking at the map, that even the closest boardwalk view could be a decent walk to elevators, or is the view worth the extra steps?

Does anyone know how crowded the laundry room generally gets (is it hard to get a washer/dryer?), and what times of day might be best to avoid waiting? Trying to decide whether to pack light and plan for a laundry stop on our downtime day halfway through our trip, but don't want to end up with no clean clothes if the laundry room is always packed! Thanks!

Does anyone know how crowded the laundry room generally gets (is it hard to get a washer/dryer?), and what times of day might be best to avoid waiting? Trying to decide whether to pack light and plan for a laundry stop on our downtime day halfway through our trip, but don't want to end up with no clean clothes if the laundry room is always packed! Thanks!

This website shows status of all laundry facilities at WDW. http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Hoping that someone who is visiting soon can confirm that Jim is still working the BWI check in desk/concierge area. He has always treated my family and I wonderfully, so I was hoping to bring him a treat from my hometown and a thank you card. I have already written corporate with a compliment for him. If someone who is visiting soon could check for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Hoping that someone who is visiting soon can confirm that Jim is still working the BWI check in desk/concierge area. He has always treated my family and I wonderfully, so I was hoping to bring him a treat from my hometown and a thank you card. I have already written corporate with a compliment for him. If someone who is visiting soon could check for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Yes he is still there, but of course there is no guarantee that he will be working the day you check in.

Hi All---Planning our second stay at BWI next month. We had an awesome view of EP last time. I'm looking at the Touring Plans map for BWI and wondering if anyone can help describe some rooms for me. We are staying standard view (2 queens). On the map of the resort, it shows a bank of rooms on the 2nd floor that are in a horseshoe shape. This area/hallway seems to have several rooms that appear larger than the standard rooms and look out into a little courtyard. Anyone stayed in them? Can anyone confirm if these are still Standard View rooms (the new definition says garden views and some parking lot views)? I know TP's plans aren't always accurate or up to date so I appreciate your help. And if anyone has any specific room numbers they love (we loved ours last time so I may just request that again), do share!

Last edited:
.....back from BWV.....we were given Room 5073....great location - only step from the elevators. If you walk outside by the porte cochere and look to the right, we were on the top floor, 3rd balcony....it was partially hidden by the tree....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!