Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Same amount of points, just a different view category.

:earsboy: Bill

Do you know if this is all Boardwalk view rooms or are they going floor by floor as they progress through the work? We are trying to get as much info as possible as we have a Boardwalk view studio reserved for our stay in August and we are crossing our fingers this won't affect us!!

DVC guests are being moved from their Boardwalk View rooms for some type of maintenance.

Hey Bill - we rented points, kind of a crazy one off question but do you think they would call the member we rented from? or us since we already 'checked in' online?

Hey Bill - we rented points, kind of a crazy one off question but do you think they would call the member we rented from? or us since we already 'checked in' online?

Could be either, Disney isn't the best in these areas.

I was just at the Boardwalk Villas from 5/5 to 5/13 with two different reservations with rented points :cloud9: On May 7th, I was scheduled to check into a Boardwalk view room and was super excited :yay: I packed up, checked with the front desk in person on the off chance that my room would be ready and since it wasn't, I left my bags with bell services and headed out to walk over to Hollywood Studios :rolleyes1 On the way, I received a call from Judy at Boardwalk Operations who told me I couldn't be moved into my Boardwalk view room due to "engineering problems" :sad2: I asked if everyone in that view category had to be moved and she said "No, they could stay." I let her know I was very disappointed since this was my first time at the Boardwalk Villas and I was very much looking forward to the Boardwalk view :( She said rather rudely, that my choices were to stay in the room I just left or get assigned another garden/pool view category room :mad: Since my room has a lovely view of the Village Green and partial view of the lake, I decided to stay but let her know I was not a happy camper o_O She called back later in the day and during that conversation, she mentioned that the resort was "overbooked" so I don't know the real story :confused3

I was just at the Boardwalk Villas from 5/5 to 5/13 with two different reservations with rented points :cloud9: On May 7th, I was scheduled to check into a Boardwalk view room and was super excited :yay: I packed up, checked with the front desk in person on the off chance that my room would be ready and since it wasn't, I left my bags with bell services and headed out to walk over to Hollywood Studios :rolleyes1 On the way, I received a call from Judy at Boardwalk Operations who told me I couldn't be moved into my Boardwalk view room due to "engineering problems" :sad2: I asked if everyone in that view category had to be moved and she said "No, they could stay." I let her know I was very disappointed since this was my first time at the Boardwalk Villas and I was very much looking forward to the Boardwalk view :( She said rather rudely, that my choices were to stay in the room I just left or get assigned another garden/pool view category room :mad: Since my room has a lovely view of the Village Green and partial view of the lake, I decided to stay but let her know I was not a happy camper o_O She called back later in the day and during that conversation, she mentioned that the resort was "overbooked" so I don't know the real story :confused3

There is information about this a few posts back. Also this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-view-villas-being-pulled-out-of-inventory.3605090/

I understand your frustration. Back in 2009 I reserved a 2 bedroom villa BW view with my points when I was a DVC member. When we checked in at the desk I was told that I would be in a garden/ pool room due to the roof being replaced. I asked if every room was out of inventory and was told no just a few so I guess I was the unlucky few not getting my view.

I explained to the CM at the desk that I would only use that amount of points on BW view and if I had known I would have booked standard. She was very understanding and gave me a small discount on our dining plan to help make up for it. It helped but it was still disappointing.

Now we are no longer members and enjoy our stays on the Inn side of the resort.

Staying at the boardwalk for the first time this December. Any suggestions on some unique things in and around the resort to check out? TIA

I've been at the Boardwalk Villas for one day now and I am loving it! I think this hotel is beautiful, I haven't seen any construction anywhere. The room is great and I think this is one of my new favorite hotels. Just thought I'd share because I had been a little nervous about my choice before hand. And it was easy finding a parking spot

I've been at the Boardwalk Villas for one day now and I am loving it! I think this hotel is beautiful, I haven't seen any construction anywhere. The room is great and I think this is one of my new favorite hotels. Just thought I'd share because I had been a little nervous about my choice before hand. And it was easy finding a parking spot
Boardwalk is beautiful...we've really started liking it too! So is there still construction at the main entrance...on the street/driveway I think I read?? I'm hoping we can still be dropped off at the main entrance when we arrive on Saturday??

Boardwalk is beautiful...we've really started liking it too! So is there still construction at the main entrance...on the street/driveway I think I read?? I'm hoping we can still be dropped off at the main entrance when we arrive on Saturday??
I didn't see any construction. We were able to drive up to the main entrance to check in yesterday. Today's our relaxing day walking around the resort and haven't seen any sort of construction. They were painting in the hallway by our room, but nothing more than a touch up. You should be fine on Saturday

Our small family of three have been dipping our toes in several DVC resorts over the last two years: a week at BLT (studio), a week at Animal Kingdom Lodge (one-bedroom), and we just returned from a week at the Boardwalk (studio). Of the three resorts, all three of us LOVED the Boardwalk the most.

I had some trepidation about room requests at Boardwalk that I didn't have at the other two resorts -- especially since we only book standard view rooms. At BLT I was able to get a partial view of the park, at AKL I was able to get a partial Savannah view. But at BWV, the room views from Touring Plans didn't seem so obvious. If I learned anything from my past experiences with room requests, it was to place more value on rooms closer to the lobby: I'm still grimacing at carrying my daughter from the AKL lobby to our eventual room last year -- whew! We ended up with the exact room I requested using Touring Plans: this room was less than a two minute walk from the lobby and -- for those of you familiar with the resort -- right above the Wyland gallery -- just a beautiful, partial view of the boardwalk.

What sets this resort apart from the others is its accessibility: we were an 8-minute walk from Epcot and a 15-minute walk from Hollywood Studios. BWV also provides accessibility to entertainment that we were just not accustomed to -- especially after coming back late from a closed park. There is a photo booth near the Boardwalk Bakery that we used at the end of each day -- my daughter was so excited to use it and kind of catalog our trip at the end of each long HOT day. We also played some of the carnival games that are open late.

When we went to parks that required bus transportation, we had great luck with buses -- like leaving our room at 7:35am and making an 8:05am Crystal Palace reservation. ;) I think the longest we ever waited was 15 minutes.

Two of our family's biggest highlights for the week (granted, my daughter is 8) were Trattoria al Forno for the Bon Voyage breakfast and the Disney Family Magic Tour at the Magic Kingdom (little known but highly recommended).

BWV is actually making me consider buying a DVC resale -- or maybe I just need to allow a little more time between this recent trip and reality.

Our small family of three have been dipping our toes in several DVC resorts over the last two years: a week at BLT (studio), a week at Animal Kingdom Lodge (one-bedroom), and we just returned from a week at the Boardwalk (studio). Of the three resorts, all three of us LOVED the Boardwalk the most.

I had some trepidation about room requests at Boardwalk that I didn't have at the other two resorts -- especially since we only book standard view rooms. At BLT I was able to get a partial view of the park, at AKL I was able to get a partial Savannah view. But at BWV, the room views from Touring Plans didn't seem so obvious. If I learned anything from my past experiences with room requests, it was to place more value on rooms closer to the lobby: I'm still grimacing at carrying my daughter from the AKL lobby to our eventual room last year -- whew! We ended up with the exact room I requested using Touring Plans: this room was less than a two minute walk from the lobby and -- for those of you familiar with the resort -- right above the Wyland gallery -- just a beautiful, partial view of the boardwalk.

What sets this resort apart from the others is its accessibility: we were an 8-minute walk from Epcot and a 15-minute walk from Hollywood Studios. BWV also provides accessibility to entertainment that we were just not accustomed to -- especially after coming back late from a closed park. There is a photo booth near the Boardwalk Bakery that we used at the end of each day -- my daughter was so excited to use it and kind of catalog our trip at the end of each long HOT day. We also played some of the carnival games that are open late.

When we went to parks that required bus transportation, we had great luck with buses -- like leaving our room at 7:35am and making an 8:05am Crystal Palace reservation. ;) I think the longest we ever waited was 15 minutes.

Two of our family's biggest highlights for the week (granted, my daughter is 8) were Trattoria al Forno for the Bon Voyage breakfast and the Disney Family Magic Tour at the Magic Kingdom (little known but highly recommended).

BWV is actually making me consider buying a DVC resale -- or maybe I just need to allow a little more time between this recent trip and reality.

You room sounds like my preferred location. Do you know your room#, I'd love to request it?

Hi there,
I am a brand new DVC Member, and we are using our points to plan a big family trip in December. Our home resort is Old Key West, but we were hoping to see if there would be availability at BWV at the 7 month window, as that is where the rest of our family will be staying.
Does anyone know how availability looks for late January 2018 for 2bdrm Villa for 10 night stay?

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Hi there,
I am a brand new DVC Member, and we are using our points to plan a big family trip in December. Our home resort is Old Key West, but we were hoping to see if there would be availability at BWV at the 7 month window, as that is where the rest of our family will be staying.
Does anyone know how availability looks for late January 2018 for 2bdrm Villa for 10 night stay?

We aren't supposed to look up availability and post it. Violates Disboard rules.

Hi there,

As a DVC member you can look this up yourself. Just log on to your account on the member website, then click on Plan Vacations, the choose Resort Availability Tool. Type in your dates, resort and room type. Just FYI, you can check the availability of any DVC resort 11 months out.

I didn't see any construction. We were able to drive up to the main entrance to check in yesterday. Today's our relaxing day walking around the resort and haven't seen any sort of construction. They were painting in the hallway by our room, but nothing more than a touch up. You should be fine on Saturday
Thanks! My DD18 and bff just graduated from HS and we wanted their arrival to be at least a little special so I'm glad they won't be jackhammering the entrance!princess:

As a DVC member you can look this up yourself. Just log on to your account on the member website, then click on Plan Vacations, the choose Resort Availability Tool. Type in your dates, resort and room type. Just FYI, you can check the availability of any DVC resort 11 months out.

Good to know, thanks for the tip. Our contract is closing any day now. Can't wait to finally have access to the points.
Cheers

We aren't supposed to look up availability and post it. Violates Disboard rules.
Sorry, my bad. Not looking for exacts, just trying to get an idea on the likelihood of any rooms at the 7month window being available for longer stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter