Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I just spoke with a room assignor at the boardwalk. I asked for a ground floor and she said a standard view at the inn side starts at the 2nd floor. but then i looked on touring plans and there are ground floor rooms available???????

I know to walk to DHS, you can cut through the main pool. But for Epcot, can you cut through the end of the resort--ie is there a door that leads to the outside? Or do you have to go to the lobby to get outside and access the Epcot walkway? TIA!

I know to walk to DHS, you can cut through the main pool. But for Epcot, can you cut through the end of the resort--ie is there a door that leads to the outside? Or do you have to go to the lobby to get outside and access the Epcot walkway? TIA!
I have only ever cut through the lobby. I think the end that is closer to Epcot does not actually have access to the Boardwalk path to Epcot (i.e. the area near the quiet pool and garden suites)
I love the walk to Epcot in the morning from the Boardwalk. It is one of the things that keeps us coming back!

I have only ever cut through the lobby. I think the end that is closer to Epcot does not actually have access to the Boardwalk path to Epcot (i.e. the area near the quiet pool and garden suites)
I love the walk to Epcot in the morning from the Boardwalk. It is one of the things that keeps us coming back!

Thank you for responding to my question! I know people say it can be a long walk to the lobby, so I was just curious. Sounds good. Thank you!

We are confirmed for December 2-9 in a 1 BR through DVC Rental Store! I am so excited. My parents and infant son will be going for the first time.

I have used both David's and DVC Rental. I had great experiences with both but I like that DVC Rental will check for you without a deposit and also you can purchase cancellation insurance.

Do all standard 2 queen rooms at BWI have a day bed? What size is the daybed and is it terribly uncomfortable with springs poking? Thanks!

We just changed our August reservation from POFQ to a standard room at BWI to take advantage of the free dining offer. Since we already wanted hoppers, we were able to move to BWI for only a couple hundred more than our rack rate package at POFQ . Without free dining, staying at a deluxe resort for this trip was out of our budget.

This will be our first time staying at an Epcot area resort. DH has stayed at the Poly multiple times as a kid and teenager. We've gone 2x together, once before we had kids and once with the kids. Both times we stayed at the Contemporary. We've never even visited the Boardwalk area before!!!!! DH is nervous about not being on the monorail and having easy access to MK but my 2 boys(ages 9 and 6) were so excited when I showed them pics of our new resort. I was a little worried the clown slide might freak them out. I showed them pics and videos and they thought it's hysterical that the clown pukes out people and then proceeded to run around the house pretending to vomit for the next 20 minutes. LOL!!!!!

DH was happy to realize that there are plenty of snack items for breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery. He also does like that it's a short walk to Epcot. His main concern is the buses, especially to the MK. He's worried that we are going to be on the bus for over an hour. How is the bus situation?

I am very excited to try a different resort and I hope that DH will drop his monorail obsession!!!!!!

We arrive two weeks from today. BWV with boardwalk view. So happy to be heading home for the first if many stays at our home resort

We just changed our August reservation from POFQ to a standard room at BWI to take advantage of the free dining offer. Since we already wanted hoppers, we were able to move to BWI for only a couple hundred more than our rack rate package at POFQ . Without free dining, staying at a deluxe resort for this trip was out of our budget.

This will be our first time staying at an Epcot area resort. DH has stayed at the Poly multiple times as a kid and teenager. We've gone 2x together, once before we had kids and once with the kids. Both times we stayed at the Contemporary. We've never even visited the Boardwalk area before!!!!! DH is nervous about not being on the monorail and having easy access to MK but my 2 boys(ages 9 and 6) were so excited when I showed them pics of our new resort. I was a little worried the clown slide might freak them out. I showed them pics and videos and they thought it's hysterical that the clown pukes out people and then proceeded to run around the house pretending to vomit for the next 20 minutes. LOL!!!!!

DH was happy to realize that there are plenty of snack items for breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery. He also does like that it's a short walk to Epcot. His main concern is the buses, especially to the MK. He's worried that we are going to be on the bus for over an hour. How is the bus situation?

I am very excited to try a different resort and I hope that DH will drop his monorail obsession!!!!!!
We stayed at BWV for nine nights over Christmas break. The buses for MK pulled up while we were walking to the bus stop every single time we were headed to MK but once. It was crazy how lucky we were. We never had an issue coming home either. We only went to AK once and drove so I don't know how those buses were. We absolutely loved walking to EP and HS. I think your DH will like being close to two parks. Enjoy your first trip to the Boardwalk!

Will you have a car? If you will, we usually go to the bus stop and look at the screen to see how long until the MK bus will arrive. If it is within 15 minutes, we wait for it. If not, we drive to MK. It takes about 30 minutes total to drive to MK and then take the boat or monorail to the gate. It takes about 15 minutes by bus to get to MK from Boardwalk. We also usually drive to AK and DS because even if the bus is coming within a few minutes to take you there, we have had some long waits for the buses back.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi or uber from BWI to AK?
Any time we have taken a cab at WDW it ends up being about $20 - we do get the high top cabs though because we are a party of 5, not sure if that adds to the cost but if you plan about $20 for a taxi you'll be fine. I'm sure Uber would be less.

Any time we have taken a cab at WDW it ends up being about $20 - we do get the high top cabs though because we are a party of 5, not sure if that adds to the cost but if you plan about $20 for a taxi you'll be fine. I'm sure Uber would be less.

That's not too bad thanks.

I'm looking for a map of BWI with room numbers but can't find one. Does anyone have something like that? Does the first number refer to the floor number? Like 4398 would be 4th floor?

We are planning ahead to February 2019 for me, DH, DD (will be 6), brother and sister-in law. We would like to rent points at the BWV. How many people does a one bedroom accommodate vs. a two bedroom? Other issues is brother in law snores!

We are booked in a 1 bedroom villa direct with Disney with a standard view. Does The Boardwalk have cribs or is it a pack n play? Also we will be travelling with a 1 year old, what room request would be best? We want a quiet room but also close to the pool and transportation. Does the Boardwalk have a splash pad? It will be our first time at this resort so I have no real sense to the layout. Lastly what are some good take away food options, doesn't just have to be at the Boardwalk.

I just booked my first stay at BWI for the first week of November! I'm booked in a Standard View, so are there any requests I can make to avoid a parking lot view? It won't make or break my trip, but I figure I would ask. I'm very much looking forward to my stay and learning some hints and tips here! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter