Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We stayed in a SV CL room basically right outside the lounge. The lounge is setback in the hallway with a table in front of it with a huge vase of beautiful flowers, then there is a unisex restroom and then the lounge. We had a room (2x) that when you left the lounge and went to the left it was the first room. There is a suite right across the hall from the lounge. The view was fabulous - courtyard, could see the top of the Eiffel tower and the high Illuminations fireworks. I believe it is the 4th floor and there are some rooms on the 3rd floor. there are also two rooms outside the 'magic' door. I always thought I'd dislike being outside the door. So we just request 'near lounge'. My husband did have some mobility issues both times we had that room. One trip he had just sprained his ankle and another he had a knee brace. So not sure if we lucked out because the CM saw him when we checked in.

In addition to the PP info, some CL rooms are outside the club area - closer to the elevator. We stayed SV CL a few years ago (Room 4270). Had a wonderful view of the Illuminations show over the treetops. I believe most of the CL rooms are on the 4th floor, however, I think that those cute little garden rooms on the 1st floor are also CL, and there are a few 3rd floor Boardwalk CL rooms.

Thank you for your responses! I'm not too concerned as we have only one night - but more curious. I'm so excited to check out their CL offerings!!! Thanks again!

We just booked a 1 bedroom villa for end of January. This will be our first time staying here. We've stayed at AKL Jambo on our other trips, and we love Jambo House. Hope to enjoy BWV, too! I'll be stalking this thread to try to learn as much about the place as I can before our trip.

We just booked a 1 bedroom villa for end of January. This will be our first time staying here. We've stayed at AKL Jambo on our other trips, and we love Jambo House. Hope to enjoy BWV, too! I'll be stalking this thread to try to learn as much about the place as I can before our trip.

We also booked a 1 BR Villa (Boardwalk View) for August. We have never stayed here, so we are very excited too! I'll be watching these threads like crazy from now until August! Hope you have a great stay in January!!

I am also looking to book for January and it's slim pickings. Stayed at the Boardwalk this past January and fell in love.

Loved being able to walk right into Epcot and spending the nights on the Boardwalk :love:

So, we checked in this afternoon. We got a little bit of pixie dust and got upgraded to water view from standard and got exactly the view I wanted.

rQSMFjJ

I haven't seen any actual renovations being done in the hotel, but Village Green courtyard area is currently blocked off with signs saying it's being refurbished. A lot of machinery along the actual Boardwalk this afternoon. Seems like routine maintenance stuff, power washing the walls and awnings, changing light bulbs, etc.

Well that sure is exciting! Congratulations! :) Pixie dust is the best....had you made any particular requests?

I am also looking to book for January and it's slim pickings. Stayed at the Boardwalk this past January and fell in love.

Loved being able to walk right into Epcot and spending the nights on the Boardwalk :love:

We used David's, and the turn around for our Boardwalk request took less than 24 hours. Maybe check with them if you want to stay at Boardwalk again. The process is not always that fast, though. We've always had a bit of a wait when we've used them for AKL.

We used David's, and the turn around for our Boardwalk request took less than 24 hours. Maybe check with them if you want to stay at Boardwalk again. The process is not always that fast, though. We've always had a bit of a wait when we've used them for AKL.
It just depends on whether they have an owner with BWV points or not. And if what you want is still available for all your nights.

I'm slowly working my way through this entire thread - on page 17 now. The photos you guys have posted are wonderful. It looks like there's really not a bad view on the property. Do they still have the movies at night on the green space out front?

I love David's, have only booked through them after my first time trying it 4 trips ago lol

And just got the email that my reservation has been secured! let the count down begin...even if its 283 days away!

Well that sure is exciting! Congratulations! :) Pixie dust is the best....had you made any particular requests?

I can't remember the exact request but I used touring plans fax service for the first time. I had stayed in a similar view in Boardwalk before that was standard so I found that area on the TP site and requested something similar. I did however make it clear that the most important thing to me was a balcony above all else (the room I had before didn't have one).

Hi all! Where's the best place to watch the DHS and Epcot fireworks from the Boardwalk? Some friends are having dinner at Trattoria al forno, and want to see one or both fireworks from the Boardwalk area. Where's the best place to watch? TIA!

May I ask what is David's, I feel like I've heard of it, can you rent DVC villas through him?

Checking out of Boardwalk tomorrow to move over to Poly for our last couple of nights. Boardwalk very quickly became my favorite resort (Sorry Beach Club!). Beautiful resort. Both pools are great. As usual, the Boardwalk area is just so convenient.

Hi all! Where's the best place to watch the DHS and Epcot fireworks from the Boardwalk? Some friends are having dinner at Trattoria al forno, and want to see one or both fireworks from the Boardwalk area. Where's the best place to watch? TIA!

For Illuminations(epdot), the best spot is on the bridge connection Boardwalk with Beachclub. they should be aware that this is much more than just fireworks in tha sky. it is also a laser light show, and there is the part with the pictures on the revolving globe on the lagoon. so while this is the best spot outsid ethe park to watch, they'll only see the tops parts. you can also hear the (faint) music in everynoe on the bridge is quiet.

if you aren't going to the park that night, it's a great spot. but I wouldn't choose it over going into the park to see it one night.

not sure about DHS fireworks. I guess from a bench looking out over crescent lake?

[QUOTE="bryana, post: 57474359, member: 247573"
rQSMFjJ

I haven't seen any actual renovations being done in the hotel, but Village Green courtyard area is currently blocked off with signs saying it's being refurbished. A lot of machinery along the actual Boardwalk this afternoon. Seems like routine maintenance stuff, power washing the walls and awnings, changing light bulbs, etc.[/QUOTE]

would you know if the new abracadabra bar was accessible? I believe the entrance is on the village green courtyard. were (are) the walkways on either side usable? I am wondering if the DVC studios facing the village green were booked and if the balconies are usable. maybe id they are usable, you sit and look over the construction?

[QUOTE="bryana, post: 57474359, member: 247573"
rQSMFjJ

I haven't seen any actual renovations being done in the hotel, but Village Green courtyard area is currently blocked off with signs saying it's being refurbished. A lot of machinery along the actual Boardwalk this afternoon. Seems like routine maintenance stuff, power washing the walls and awnings, changing light bulbs, etc.

would you know if the new abracadabra bar was accessible? I believe the entrance is on the village green courtyard. were (are) the walkways on either side usable? I am wondering if the DVC studios facing the village green were booked and if the balconies are usable. maybe id they are usable, you sit and look over the construction?[/QUOTE]

The entrance to Abracadbar is on the Boardwalk. The only section blocked off is the actual green. It looks like they are re-sodding it. All surrounding walkways are open. Yes, I have seen people on the balconies across from ours on the DVC side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter