Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Anyone there right now who can confirm that Luna pool reopened Friday on schedule, even if the slide didn't?

I'm worried about the construction/refurbishments and would love some reassurance that it's not that bad. Arriving in three weeks. Thanks!

Question on Boardwalk dining - my DS and DDIL will be arriving later on Sunday evening April 2, hopefully around 8:00 (the rest of us will be arriving on Saturday the 1st). We'll wait to eat until they arrive and since it'll likely be too late to run over to Epcot I'm wondering what options might be available on the Boardwalk? We've eaten at ESPN a couple times before and would like to try something different if possible.

Question on Boardwalk dining - my DS and DDIL will be arriving later on Sunday evening April 2, hopefully around 8:00 (the rest of us will be arriving on Saturday the 1st). We'll wait to eat until they arrive and since it'll likely be too late to run over to Epcot I'm wondering what options might be available on the Boardwalk? We've eaten at ESPN a couple times before and would like to try something different if possible.

You will probably need ADRs, but Trattoria al Forno has really good Italian food. We've liked it a lot every time we've eaten there (four times I think). Enjoy!

Last November, we couldn't get into ESPN for dinner due to college football crowds and walked up to Big River Grille. We were seated right away, service was great and food was good (we were pleasantly surprised!).

You will probably need ADRs, but Trattoria al Forno has really good Italian food. We've liked it a lot every time we've eaten there (four times I think). Enjoy!
Thanks, I'm glad to hear you liked Trattoria as I would like to try it since we're staying at BWI this trip! I hesitate to make an ADR for the night they arrive though since, as we all know, arrival times can be highly unpredictable. I'm thinking we'll plan on more of an informal non-ADR dinner that night.

Last November, we couldn't get into ESPN for dinner due to college football crowds and walked up to Big River Grille. We were seated right away, service was great and food was good (we were pleasantly surprised!).
Is that the one with the micro-brewery? Regardless, that might work for us!

Last edited:

Trattoria al Forno is one of my favorites. We eat there frequently and highly recommend it!

I agree. Big River has become a must do for me. I like their cheeseburgers (with homemade potato chips) and their brewed beers.

I think it's settled then ... Big River Grille on the night my DS and DDIL arrive and an ADR for Trattoria for another night. Thanks for all the feedback everyone! So looking forward to our stay at BWI!!

I know you have already decided, but I'll give another shout out to Big River Grille. We dined there a couple years ago and really liked it!

Hello, everyone. I'm just re-joining BWI thread. We currently have a moderate reservation booked for Halloween time frame, but if AP discounts come through, we may be able to switch to BWI.

In the Fall of 2016, my hubby and I celebrated our 41th wedding anniversary there, and then I was able to comeback for a quick Christmas-time trip with my best Disney travel buddy, (mainly to see Osborn Lights one last time...snif snif...). We're hoping we can swing it again, but it all depends on Special Offers! If Disney follows their historical pattern, AP discounts SHOULD be announced around April, so we're just waiting, not-so-patiently.

Now, I need to go back and catch up on any new stuff at the BWI since our last visit! Just wanted to drop by and say HI!! :wave:

Jeanne

I just discovered that Big River Grill shares the same Passport Rewards program as Gordon Biersch. So if you are a member that rewards program, and plan to eat at Big River, bring your Passport Rewards card, and see if they will honor it. I'm now bringing mine for next month's trip.

Anyone there right now who can confirm that Luna pool reopened Friday on schedule, even if the slide didn't?

I'm worried about the construction/refurbishments and would love some reassurance that it's not that bad. Arriving in three weeks. Thanks!
We came home yesterday. The pool was open again on saturday. The only other construction we saw was some painting by big river grill and the boat docks. Nothing major.

Quick question for anybody there now or just had recently visited...Does the Boardwalk Bakery still have the cinnamon rolls and croissants with the scrambled eggs?! Just kinda wondering

Hello, everyone. I'm just re-joining BWI thread. We currently have a moderate reservation booked for Halloween time frame, but if AP discounts come through, we may be able to switch to BWI.

In the Fall of 2016, my hubby and I celebrated our 41th wedding anniversary there, and then I was able to comeback for a quick Christmas-time trip with my best Disney travel buddy, (mainly to see Osborn Lights one last time...snif snif...). We're hoping we can swing it again, but it all depends on Special Offers! If Disney follows their historical pattern, AP discounts SHOULD be announced around April, so we're just waiting, not-so-patiently.

Now, I need to go back and catch up on any new stuff at the BWI since our last visit! Just wanted to drop by and say HI!! :wave:

Jeanne

Hi! sounds like a lot of fun! I just hope that if you decide to switch to BWI in Oct that you are able to get in, since it's one of the harder ones to get during Food and Wine Fest time. Sending pixie dust luck!!pixiedust:

For my room request I have two options. Option 1, I choose high floor. For option 2, if I select near lobby, will that put me near elevators? I do not like to be near elevators because of the noise, so I have left it blank for now. Any suggestions?

My DH is booking BWI right now for 9-9 --9-15. It'll be the first time we'll be at Disney without children since 1990! It's kind of strange planning only with our interest in mind. I think we're going to book The Keys to the Kingdom tour. But I'm not sure what else. Any ideas for an adult only trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter