Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

So...do you think it is possible that before they painted, they power washed the building and that caused this? That does look really bad. I didn't see anything like that last month, but I'm sure I didn't see all of the buildings.
I was wondering something similar. Like did they go over certain areas and scrape off loose paint in preparation? Not sure.

Is there a pool activity and movie calendar for October yet?
do they have Halloween activity’s on the 31?

Hi all!

This will be our first stay at AoA and we are really excited (2 1/2 weeks to go)!!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with shipping items to the resort so they will be there when we arrive. How far in advance should I send them? And is there a cost involved from the resort to pick it up?

Thanks!

Hi all!

This will be our first stay at AoA and we are really excited (2 1/2 weeks to go)!!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with shipping items to the resort so they will be there when we arrive. How far in advance should I send them? And is there a cost involved from the resort to pick it up?

Thanks!
Found the answer on the Disney website. Sharing for anyone that might want it too

Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:
  • Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $6 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.

We're looking at returning to WDW August 2022 and wow, have the resort prices gone up since our last trip. Deluxe rooms are more than double what we paid the last few trips before Covid started. Thinking AoA may be a good fit since we need a room for 5. Has anyone been recently, are the rooms in good shape?

We went in June and stayed in a Nemo room. We were in room 5510 and had a view of the gondolas. You can look at touring plans room finder. The fridge did not have a freezer section but I had requested it through allergies and special dining and they delivered (but not guaranteed) a small freezer (as big as the fridge) next to the kitchenette. We ordered groceries through gardengrocers. The skyliner shut down twice in our trip (on both of our travel days at Epcot; almost missed the Magical Express). The line for the buses was an hour long the day it happened 30 mins to park close. However for our infant the gondola was a ride in and of itself and it was so convenient (we don’t do rope drop).

The Turkey and fish dinner was so good. We’ve never had quick service taste that good at Landscape of flavors. Pool was the highlight of the trip and kids rushed to get back to it (skipped some evening ADRs - Oga’s and BOG and park time).

Hi all! Just wondering if the beds in the Little Mermaid rooms have room for luggage storage underneath like some other rooms/resorts.

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere: Is there an additional charge for adding a second guest to my room reservation at AoA?

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere: Is there an additional charge for adding a second guest to my room reservation at AoA?

No, you can have 2 adults in the room with no extra charge in a standard (Little Mermaid) room. I think additional adults after that are $15/night. If you have a suite, I know you can have at least 5 adults (over 18) and not get an extra charge. My TA said that she's never seen an extra charge for adults in a suite (this was about 3 years ago, so things may have changed). We've had 4 or 5 adults in the suite for each of our 4 stays at AoA and never had an extra charge. Now obviously, the cost will go up if you add tickets for that person, but there's no "resort" cost.

This may have been asked but I couldnt find it in the search. We are currently booked 2 rooms for a family of 5 for Marathon weekend. My husband is running the Dopey challenge and will be leaving the room very early (like 3:30am). But the more I think about the spacing for my kids, i think the Family Suite would be a better option. I know he will be walking out past the beds to leave the room but otherwise would get the bedroom to himself on race days. It is a little more money total. Any suggestions?

Can say
This may have been asked but I couldnt find it in the search. We are currently booked 2 rooms for a family of 5 for Marathon weekend. My husband is running the Dopey challenge and will be leaving the room very early (like 3:30am). But the more I think about the spacing for my kids, i think the Family Suite would be a better option. I know he will be walking out past the beds to leave the room but otherwise would get the bedroom to himself on race days. It is a little more money total. Any suggestions?

Can’t say in regards to money-
But way back when my middle child was a teen, we would stay in the family suite as his friend went with us too.
So there were 2 teens, one 6 yr old and two adults!
The arrangement was perfect! Love the master as a separate room and the two bathrooms.

Seems like so long ago as the 6 year old is now 15!
I love AoA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter