Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I like to use the MouseSavers resort rate pages as a reference for booking categories: https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-art-of-animation-room-rates-season-dates/

That said, the booking categories at AoA are by section rather than what you're used to with Pop:

The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms
Family Suites
The Lion King Family Suites
Cars Family Suites
Finding Nemo Family Suites
Ah... so I book a section! Thank you!
Nemo is “preferred”
some Cars are closer than Nemo to food/bus

What can I expect from housekeeping? I have an 11 night stay, so I'm definitely going to want clean bedding at some point and the bathrooms and kitchen area cleaned.

And regarding towels...they never dry before we need them again, so I never re-use them. Will it be a problem to get a fresh set of towels everyday?

THanks so much for your help!

What time do the buses start running to get to the parks early in the morning?

Do they start running at different times to the different parks since the opening times aren't the same?

For example, Animal Kingdom opens at 8am but Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios opens at 9am.

I'm assuming that the earliest buses for AK start running much earlier compared to when they start running for MK?

I want to try for Rope Drop at all of the parks so that we can hit the popular rides in the morning. I want to try to get to the I need to figure out what time we have to get to the bus for each park so that I can then make sure that we wake up and leave the room by a certain time.

Another question. I booked one of the Disney Vacation packages. If we do Online check-in and somehow have access to the room via the mobile app ( without having the need to go to the Front Desk ), how do I get my tickets to get access to the park?

Do I just have to go up to the Front Desk and get the tickets?

Another question. I booked one of the Disney Vacation packages. If we do Online check-in and somehow have access to the room via the mobile app ( without having the need to go to the Front Desk ), how do I get my tickets to get access to the park?

Do I just have to go up to the Front Desk and get the tickets?

1. You can download the My Disney Experience app, set up mobile magic and your phone will be your ticket
2. You can purchase magic bands to use as your ticket
3. You can get a plastic ticket at the check in desk...I'm pretty sure you could also go to guest services outside the parks and get a plastic ticket. You'd need ID and your reservation number.

What time do the buses start running to get to the parks early in the morning?

Do they start running at different times to the different parks since the opening times aren't the same?

For example, Animal Kingdom opens at 8am but Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios opens at 9am.

I'm assuming that the earliest buses for AK start running much earlier compared to when they start running for MK?

I want to try for Rope Drop at all of the parks so that we can hit the popular rides in the morning. I want to try to get to the I need to figure out what time we have to get to the bus for each park so that I can then make sure that we wake up and leave the room by a certain time.

This thread about rope drop should help.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-rope-drop.3828303/

What can I expect from housekeeping? I have an 11 night stay, so I'm definitely going to want clean bedding at some point and the bathrooms and kitchen area cleaned.

And regarding towels...they never dry before we need them again, so I never re-use them. Will it be a problem to get a fresh set of towels everyday?

THanks so much for your help!
Easiest way to make sure you have the towels you need is to simply take them from the towel staging carts they leave in the Hallways on each floor.

Easiest way to make sure you have the towels you need is to simply take them from the towel staging carts they leave in the Hallways on each floor.

We go through a lot of towels so if we don't see a towel cart in the hallway when we first go to our room, the first thing I do is call housekeeping to request 6 extra towels and one extra set of sheets and blankets (for an air mattress) and they're usually delivered within a few minutes. Then I "hide" the extra towels in a drawer so that when housekeeping comes in the room they continue to refresh as normal but we still always have extra towels. Honestly, we rarely saw the carts in the hallways at AoA LK or Nemo pre-covid unless housekeeping was working on rooms. We always saw them by the pool but didn't usually want to make a special trip there to get towels -- especially since we needed other stuff from housekeeping anyway. When the kids go swimming, they grab a few extra towels off that cart. Not sure if they have more towel carts around the buildings now that housekeeping isn't cleaning the rooms every day, but calling housekeeping for more towels isn't a problem -- especially now that the DCP kids are back and I've seen a lot of them mention they are "runners" for housekeeping at various resorts. :)

We go through a lot of towels so if we don't see a towel cart in the hallway when we first go to our room, the first thing I do is call housekeeping to request 6 extra towels and one extra set of sheets and blankets (for an air mattress) and they're usually delivered within a few minutes. Then I "hide" the extra towels in a drawer so that when housekeeping comes in the room they continue to refresh as normal but we still always have extra towels. Honestly, we rarely saw the carts in the hallways at AoA LK or Nemo pre-covid unless housekeeping was working on rooms. We always saw them by the pool but didn't usually want to make a special trip there to get towels -- especially since we needed other stuff from housekeeping anyway. When the kids go swimming, they grab a few extra towels off that cart. Not sure if they have more towel carts around the buildings now that housekeeping isn't cleaning the rooms every day, but calling housekeeping for more towels isn't a problem -- especially now that the DCP kids are back and I've seen a lot of them mention they are "runners" for housekeeping at various resorts. :)
Agree about the Towel Carts by the Elevators.

In my experience those have always been not a "sure thing" by any means-sometimes you can find one in your "area" and many times not.

Since the Values added Pool Towels that has been our "go to" for Towels when we need them in a pinch.

The Pool Towels are a different type of Towel than the Room Towels.

My toddler still likes to drink warm milk before going to sleep. Anyone else have kids that they do the same? How do you warm the milk in the room?

I was thinking about just making hot water by using the coffee maker, then warming the cup of milk?

We have a little mermaid room reservation. Is there a possibility of requesting a microwave?

Last edited:
My toddler still likes to drink warm milk before going to sleep. Anyone else have kids that they do the same? How do you warm the milk in the room?

I was thinking about just making hot water by using the coffee maker, then warming the cup of milk?

We have a little mermaid room reservation. Is there a possibility of requesting a microwave?

I have seen people report that they were able to request a microwave for their room but there are only a few available and it's on a first come, first served basis.

I think heating the water through the coffee maker would work as long as you have something large enough to hold the water and the cup with the milk in it.

Just a thought...what about buying an inexpensive baby bottle warmer to take along? I think you can get them for less than $20. You could just pour the milk into a bottle to warm it in the warmer and then pour it in to the cup. My youngest daughter liked warm milk before bed well into her toddler years so I feel your pain.

I'm in line now at the MK bus stop at AoA. Got in line at 710am. 5th in line. Bus got here at 7:36am and started to board. Bus left promptly at 7:40am. I saw the HS line. Same thing there. Line started building at 710am.

If u want to be in the front of the line at the 1st bus trip that leaves....be there 30 minutes before the time that it leaves.

Which is speedier/recommended these days for DHS opening...skyliner or bus?

Skyliner, especially in the morning, is all fine and dandy until you get to CBR and are faced with the massive queue for the other two routes. Not sure if bus transportation is available but it may be faster since everyone wants to take the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!