Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I saw that there were pool renovations at AoA as far back as 4 months ago.

Is there any type of renovations at any of the pools that is still ongoing?

I'm arriving in mid-July while staying at the LM rooms while expecting my kids to do a lot of after dinner swimming.

I'm hoping that the pool renovations will be done by then.
I’m at AOA now, all three pools, the Cozy Cone pool, Flippin’ Fins pool and Big Blue pool are open as normal.

When I made my reservation for August, I did not request a suite with a specific theme because it was a few hundred dollars cheaper to do so. Is there a theme am I likely to get? Does one theme tend to sell out faster?

I've read somewhere that AofA bus stops at the parks/DS are the furthest away, is this true? As when we stayed at CBR that was one of our gripes as they were one of the furthest & after a long day in the parks it seemed miles away (I know first world problems and all that when we're in the *Happiest place on Earth!):o!

Honestly - although the theming is over the top at first after a while we don't even notice it. My dd's are also early 20's and we all really love the suites. The 2 bathrooms and sleeping space for everyone as well as the mini kitchen and the extra space overall more than make up for the theming.

Pre covid the food court (IMHO) was one of the best, so many different selections and lots of great grab & go. I hope it comes back to full service as soon as possible.

You can't beat walking to the skyliner with access to two parks - we usually hit Epcot in the evenings and its so quick on the skyliner! We have always had good bus service (even during our April trip with all covid precautions in place.) The pool can be a bit crazy at times but that can be the case with all resorts - :) and we have always been able to find a table or chairs.

POFQ is also our favorite resort - I am a single mom and when its just myself and one dd or a short trip with all 3 of us that is our resort of choice!
Thanks, with you having stayed at POFQ too, we found the beds sooo comfy there, but people are saying that the AofA queen beds are hard, did you find that or are they similar to POFQ?:)

When I made my reservation for August, I did not request a suite with a specific theme because it was a few hundred dollars cheaper to do so. Is there a theme am I likely to get? Does one theme tend to sell out faster?
Cars and Lion King are the cheaper ones

I've read somewhere that AofA bus stops at the parks/DS are the furthest away, is this true? As when we stayed at CBR that was one of our gripes as they were one of the furthest & after a long day in the parks it seemed miles away (I know first world problems and all that when we're in the *Happiest place on Earth!):o!

Thanks, with you having stayed at POFQ too, we found the beds sooo comfy there, but people are saying that the AofA queen beds are hard, did you find that or are they similar to POFQ?:)

Honestly for me one bed is the same as the next except for maybe the heavenly beds at the Dolphin or my own LOL -

No idea where the current bus stops are at the springs its been so long since we have been.

We've stayed at AoA 4 times and on our last stay (in 2018) the bus stop at MK, DHS, & EP the AoA bus stop was usually one of, if not the, farthest stops. But at AK it was one of the closer ones. At DS, it was definitely a hike but I don't remember if it was technically the farthest. However, there were years when AoA was one of the closest stops at some parks. And I've also been there where the stops changed during the week while we were there. As frustrating as it is to have to walk that far at the end of the day, it has zero impact on our decision about staying at that resort.

As far as the beds....I'm one of those people who finds the queen bed to be way too firm for my liking. Having housekeeping add a foam mattress topper made it much better. I actually had 2 mattress toppers -- I had brought my own and realized after 1 night that I still needed more cushioning so I asked our housekeeper if they had any and they did. Housekeeping left mine on the bed and also added theirs. However, the suites have been refurbished/refreshed since our last stay and I've heard the new queen mattress is much better now. That being said, I'll still take a mattress topper with us for our next stay just in case.

Last edited:
We've stayed at AoA 4 times and on our last stay (in 2018) the bus stop at MK, DHS, & EP the AoA bus stop was usually one of, if not the, furthest stops. But at AK it was one of the closer ones. At DS, it was definitely a hike but I don't remember if it was technically the furthest. However, there were years when AoA was one of the closest stops. And I've also been there where the stops changed during the week while we were there. As frustrating as it is to have to walk that far at the end of the day, it has zero impact on our decision about staying at that resort.

As far as the beds....I'm one of those people who finds the queen bed to be way too firm for my liking. Having housekeeping add a foam mattress topper made it much better. I actually had 2 mattress toppers -- I had brought my own and realized after 1 night that I still needed more cushioning so I asked our housekeeper if they had any and they did. Housekeeping left mine on the bed and also added theirs. However, the suites have been refurbished/refreshed since our last stay and I've heard the new queen mattress is much better now. That being said, I'll still take a mattress topper with us for our next stay just in case.
I didn’t realize you could request a mattress topper. That’s great to know.

I didn’t realize you could request a mattress topper. That’s great to know.

I didn't either until I read about it on a message board a few years ago. Someone posted that they were very dissatisfied with the comfort level of the sofa bed in the ASMu suites. They complained to the manager and s/he had housekeeping bring them a mattress topper. I tucked that little tidbit of information in my Disney brain just in case I ever needed it. :D

Friend staying at AoA July 6th. She is nervous to ride skyliner. She wants to be at front of the pack for rope drop at DHS. Are buses running first thing from AoA? What time should she be at bus stop for the 9am park opening? Thank you!

Can anyone give me ballpark cost of snacks in Ink and Paint Shop??
Pretzels for example, just trying to see if Garden Grocer might be worth it or not.
TIA

can luggage be brought up to be held for the day at guest services- what time would they open?

I think I mean bell services. We have a late flight and going to a park for the morning. Didn’t even think of this!

I think I mean bell services. We have a late flight and going to a park for the morning. Didn’t even think of this!
Yes bell Services will hold your luggage. They are located just outside the front door of the lobby. If you need help, call and they will come to your room and help you get your stuff to bell services.

I'm staying in the LM section of the resort. Does anyone know where the Laundry room is in the Resort?

Also, do these Laundry machines still require quarters to use them?

or

Does it use dollar bills or something else ( like credit card )?

I'm staying in the LM section of the resort. Does anyone know where the Laundry room is in the Resort?

Also, do these Laundry machines still require quarters to use them?

or

Does it use dollar bills or something else ( like credit card )?
Each of the 3 Pool at AoA has a Laundry adjacent to it.

The machines are now Credit or Debit Card activated.

Do many groups stay here, like cheerleaders etc? As when we stayed at ASMusic (way back in Dec 2011 lol!) there were quite a few there and it could get quite noisy round/in the pool and very busy in the food hall.

We've stayed at AoA 4 times and on our last stay (in 2018) the bus stop at MK, DHS, & EP the AoA bus stop was usually one of, if not the, furthest stops. But at AK it was one of the closer ones. At DS, it was definitely a hike but I don't remember if it was technically the furthest. However, there were years when AoA was one of the closest stops. And I've also been there where the stops changed during the week while we were there. As frustrating as it is to have to walk that far at the end of the day, it has zero impact on our decision about staying at that resort.

Oh thanks for this, though I wouldn't mind sleeping on the pull down bed as it's next to the bathroom & I'm a bath girl so will probably use that bathroom more, I know hubby would rather have the main bedroom, so if we do find the bed to hard and they still offer the toppers (not something I can pack and bring with us coming from the U.K) I now know to ask for one:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Do many groups stay here, like cheerleaders etc? As when we stayed at ASMusic (way back in Dec 2011 lol!) there were quite a few there and it could get quite noisy round/in the pool and very busy in the food hall.
Almost a zero chance you will encounter any Groups at AoA.

They DO stay across Hourglass Lake at Pop Century so you could run into a few using the AoA buses from time to time,a few eating at Landscape of Flavors possibly,etc.

And you will definitely share Skyliner with them if they are there when you are.

But basically very little impact to AoA Guests.

The parks open at the following times:

Epcot - 11am
AK - 8am
MK - 9am
HS - 9am

If we want to make it to rope drop at each of the parks, what time do we need to get to the bus stop at AoA?

Also...I think that I read that it's not a good idea to take the Sky Liner from AoA to get to HS for rope drop. Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!