Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

When does your room number usually populate in the MDE app? Thank you!

After checking in, the room is not guaranteed until 3pm of arrival day (I think if I am remembering correctly).However, I have checked in the night before, and received notice around 10 am on arrival day that it was ready for us. Just depends on the room and how busy the Mousekeeping is in preparing your room.

This may be a dumb question, but when do people normally do online check-in? Months/weeks/days before your trip? We leave in a week and haven't done it yet, but anticipate doing it sometime over the next few days. Wasn't sure if there was an advantage to doing it well in advance or not. We arrive super early in the morning and have had a cast member add a note in our reservation that we're arriving early, realizing that there are no promises that they can accommodate us once we arrive. Wasn't sure if doing online check-in well in advance of trip will make a difference or not...

You can do online check in up to the day before you arrive. The only part of that won’t be looked at is the room request portion. They begin assigning rooms on Disney’s internal system up to 30 days before you arrive, even though they will not inform you of your room number until it is ready for you to enter. If you had your room requests added to your reservation then the online room request, in this case, won’t matter.

I am trying to find the answer, but can't remember where I saw it- on the day of departure, will guest services hold your luggage if you have a late flight?

I am trying to find the answer, but can't remember where I saw it- on the day of departure, will guest services hold your luggage if you have a late flight?

Bell Services will. Not Guest Services.

You all can laugh at this one but these over tired travelers on travel day can not figure out how to turn off the cone light lamp in the cars suite, help! (Ended up unplugging it)!! Had a few laughs over this.

I just checked out on Friday May 26th. Unfortunately, I didn’t spend time at the pool, but I do believe the main pool refurbishment should be completed in April so that shouldn’t be an issue for your August trip.

The quick service restaurant was mobile order. Basically you place your order in advance and select a pickup window. Once you are near the food court you can select “I’m here” so they begin preparing your order. Once the food is ready they give you a station number to pick up your food from tables they set up in the area you normally would go to order your food. They will have everything prepared on a tray and then you can find a seat. The dining room never seemed busy the two times we mobile ordered. They also have someone by the fountain sodas who fills up your cup.
We will be staying at AOA in May. For the Food Court your no longer able to go in and walk up to order food? Mobile order only?

You all can laugh at this one but these over tired travelers on travel day can not figure out how to turn off the cone light lamp in the cars suite, help! (Ended up unplugging it)!! Had a few laughs over this.
Lol, I had the same problem when we stayed in a Cars room (which we loved). There is a circular button on the cord, on the floor, that you step on to turn it off and on.

Does the fridge in the suites have a freezer section? How many half gallons of milk do you think can fit in the fridge portion?

If anyone could take a picture with some milk in the fridge (not door) that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Does the fridge in the suites have a freezer section? How many half gallons of milk do you think can fit in the fridge portion?

If anyone could take a picture with some milk in the fridge (not door) that would be awesome.
No freezer section- we were able to take a wire shelf section out to fit 2 half gallons in (we actually put the ice bucket in for additional cold since we didn’t feel the fridge was cold enough).

I've got a weird question for you. I've seen a big shark silhouette decorating one of the resort walls in pictures of the Big Blue Pool. Is it still there, and is it visible from the Skyliner or the bridge across the lake at all?

I'm asking because I'm making plans to travel to WDW with someone who has a severe shark phobia. We'd like to stay at Pop Century and take the Skyliner, but if there's going to be a great big shark visible from there, even if it's obviously fake and cartoony, we have to make other plans.
Just want to say that is very kind of you to consider the person's phobia in your plans. When I first started reading your question, I thought you were going to say you wanted to know if the shark was visible so that you could scare/prank the person!

I've got a weird question for you. I've seen a big shark silhouette decorating one of the resort walls in pictures of the Big Blue Pool. Is it still there, and is it visible from the Skyliner or the bridge across the lake at all?

I'm asking because I'm making plans to travel to WDW with someone who has a severe shark phobia. We'd like to stay at Pop Century and take the Skyliner, but if there's going to be a great big shark visible from there, even if it's obviously fake and cartoony, we have to make other plans.
I think the shark silhouettes below are the ones you're referring to. They are on the inside of the resort facing the Nemo pool.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing any sharks on the "outside" of the resort from the Skyliner. In fact, this photo indicates that it's just cute drawings of Squirt the turtle on the side of the building overlooking the water.

Last edited:
No freezer section- we were able to take a wire shelf section out to fit 2 half gallons in (we actually put the ice bucket in for additional cold since we didn’t feel the fridge was cold enough).

So you could fit 4 half gallons in the fridge portion laying flat and maybe one more in the door (if the ice bucket fit)?

Also, if you stayed in the Nemo room, can you please provide the room number once you checkout so we can avoid the room without a freezer.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the refillable drink stations are open for resort guest to use? Been seeing reports about other resorts now allowing guests to fill up their own mugs...not using cast members

We are in AOA and there is no freezer - if you remove the shelves you can place milk on the bottom shelf standing up at least 2 I would say. We have a 1/2 gallon in the door there is a cut out that it fits in perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter