Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Saw a report that the Big Blue Pool has reopened. (Not an April Fools joke, I promise!)

Hours are 10am-11pm

Great news! Are all pools at AoA not open until 10am? I thought I had read somewhere that Cozy Cone opened earlier, but I could be wrong...

I'm starting to get excited with my choice to stay at AoA!

We stayed at All-Star Movies before and really liked it, so I always thought that would be our go-to for a value resort. However, with the pandemic going on, I feel so much better about traveling to parks via Skyliner than bus (even though I'm vaccinated). A small part of me thinks it's silly to pay moderate prices for a value, but I'm excited for my daughter to see the Little Mermaid room, and I'm feeling relieved we'll have Skyliner transportation to two parks (even if the lines are long!).

The only park we want to rope drop is MK, and that will obviously be on the bus, not the Skyliner. For the other parks, like Epcot, how long does it take for the lines for the Skyliner to drop to a manageable level? If Epcot opens at 11am, would we be good to catch the Skyliner at noon? I'd rather go at noon if it means waiting 10 minutes at each Skyliner stop than 11am if it means waiting 30 minutes at each stop!

I'm starting to get excited with my choice to stay at AoA!

We stayed at All-Star Movies before and really liked it, so I always thought that would be our go-to for a value resort. However, with the pandemic going on, I feel so much better about traveling to parks via Skyliner than bus (even though I'm vaccinated). A small part of me thinks it's silly to pay moderate prices for a value, but I'm excited for my daughter to see the Little Mermaid room, and I'm feeling relieved we'll have Skyliner transportation to two parks (even if the lines are long!).

The only park we want to rope drop is MK, and that will obviously be on the bus, not the Skyliner. For the other parks, like Epcot, how long does it take for the lines for the Skyliner to drop to a manageable level? If Epcot opens at 11am, would we be good to catch the Skyliner at noon? I'd rather go at noon if it means waiting 10 minutes at each Skyliner stop than 11am if it means waiting 30 minutes at each stop!

In addition to my question above about the SkyLiner, I have another question regarding AoA. Are there still coffee pots in the room? I just wanted to make sure that wasn't something they got rid of as a COVID precaution or something.

I've got a weird question for you. I've seen a big shark silhouette decorating one of the resort walls in pictures of the Big Blue Pool. Is it still there, and is it visible from the Skyliner or the bridge across the lake at all?

I'm asking because I'm making plans to travel to WDW with someone who has a severe shark phobia. We'd like to stay at Pop Century and take the Skyliner, but if there's going to be a great big shark visible from there, even if it's obviously fake and cartoony, we have to make other plans.

I too am in need of info on coffee pots/Keurigs in AoA. I have my own percolator that I used to take on trips, so do I need to take it for a week at AoA?

I've got a weird question for you. I've seen a big shark silhouette decorating one of the resort walls in pictures of the Big Blue Pool. Is it still there, and is it visible from the Skyliner or the bridge across the lake at all?

I'm asking because I'm making plans to travel to WDW with someone who has a severe shark phobia. We'd like to stay at Pop Century and take the Skyliner, but if there's going to be a great big shark visible from there, even if it's obviously fake and cartoony, we have to make other plans.

I can't answer your question about the shark, but if it turns out you can see the shark shadow, look into CBR. You can still take the Skyliner from CBR, but you wouldn't have to go by Pop or AoA then.

I too am in need of info on coffee pots/Keurigs in AoA. I have my own percolator that I used to take on trips, so do I need to take it for a week at AoA?
All rooms in AoA now have a coffee maker. It is neither a coffee pot or a keurig, it’s pod based and makes single cups.

What configuration is a connected room? 2 double each room or a King and 2 doubles?

Do the LM rooms have refrigerators? Does anyone know if there are any early morning options for food if the food court doesn't open until 7? Is there a coffee shop open earlier? or has anyone had Door Dash deliver breakfast at like 6 am for rope drop?

Do the LM rooms have refrigerators? Does anyone know if there are any early morning options for food if the food court doesn't open until 7? Is there a coffee shop open earlier?
Fridges in ALL WDW Resort rooms now.

No Food or Beverage options until Food Court opens(besides the Vending Machines in each building and in the Laundries.)

Coffee makers are in each room.

This will be our first trip back to WDW since Covid. I think i remember reading somewhere that they aren't doing housekeeping? How does that work when you need extra towels, coffee, trash dumped, etc? Do they clean it at all if you're there for a week? Also, is bell services accepting grocery deliveries or do you have to receive them in person? Thanks

This will be our first trip back to WDW since Covid. I think i remember reading somewhere that they aren't doing housekeeping? How does that work when you need extra towels, coffee, trash dumped, etc? Do they clean it at all if you're there for a week? Also, is bell services accepting grocery deliveries or do you have to receive them in person? Thanks

I hope that's not true. When I tried to do online check in, I had to agree to housekeeping service every other day. I think that's a little weird... to me, I don't see how that protects anyone from COVID. I could see Disney saying that they will only clean rooms if people aren't in them to protect the housekeepers from exposure... but I don't get the every-other-day thing.

Speaking of online check in problems, has anyone else run into this? I've tried doing online check in on Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, and on my husband's smartphone. Each time, it says I can't proceed until I enter a credit card, even after I fill out my credit card info.

They only do housekeeping every other day. They do not make the beds or wipe/clean anything. All they do is switch out towels and empty trash.

What is the food court like with covid? Are there any grab and go options? Like cupcakes/snacks boxed up? Does anyone have recent pictures of the food court area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter