Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Service animals are not limited to pet friendly rooms as they are not pets. So if your allergies are that bad, you should really be requesting an allergy cleaning at any hotel as a service animal could have been in there even if the room or hotel is not coded “pet friendly”.

Oh good point! I did request an allergy cleaning this morning when I faxed my request. Thank you.

Oh good point! I did request an allergy cleaning this morning when I faxed my request. Thank you.

Honestly for something like that, I'd call to ensure that it is put on the reservation directly.

what movies are playing now?
In Covid World the schedule is not available Online.

Hopefully someone there now will Post.

Just a FYI-AoA is alternating Movie Nights with Pop Century and Guests from one Resort are welcome to walk across Generation Gap Bridge and enjoy a Movie at the other Resort. :)

Don’t know if anyone posted about this recently, but I wanted to share that when we stayed at AOA the week of March 22nd they were offering $25 Blizzard Beach tickets since the main pool is being refurbished.

Just wanted to let people know as I feel this is a great deal, and if you weren’t planning on doing a waterpark you might want to reconsider!

I have never stayed at AoA.
Anyone have any pics of the resort post Covid re-opening to share?

Even though we are not going until August this year, and some updates may occur, I am just missing some wdw time, and curious how the resort looks. How does the quick service areas look? Are the food areas changed? I know the Big Blue pool is closed. How do the other pools look in terms of making everyone socially distanced? Or, Do they get crowded, with one pool closed?

We booked a Little Mermaid room for the benefit of my 4y/o that is in love with Ariel, hoping to be able to take her to the pool.

Any recommendations?

I have never stayed at AoA.
Anyone have any pics of the resort post Covid re-opening to share?

Even though we are not going until August this year, and some updates may occur, I am just missing some wdw time, and curious how the resort looks. How does the quick service areas look? Are the food areas changed? I know the Big Blue pool is closed. How do the other pools look in terms of making everyone socially distanced? Or, Do they get crowded, with one pool closed?

We booked a Little Mermaid room for the benefit of my 4y/o that is in love with Ariel, hoping to be able to take her to the pool.

Any recommendations?

I just checked out on Friday May 26th. Unfortunately, I didn’t spend time at the pool, but I do believe the main pool refurbishment should be completed in April so that shouldn’t be an issue for your August trip.

The quick service restaurant was mobile order. Basically you place your order in advance and select a pickup window. Once you are near the food court you can select “I’m here” so they begin preparing your order. Once the food is ready they give you a station number to pick up your food from tables they set up in the area you normally would go to order your food. They will have everything prepared on a tray and then you can find a seat. The dining room never seemed busy the two times we mobile ordered. They also have someone by the fountain sodas who fills up your cup.

Don’t know if anyone posted about this recently, but I wanted to share that when we stayed at AOA the week of March 22nd they were offering $25 Blizzard Beach tickets since the main pool is being refurbished.

Just wanted to let people know as I feel this is a great deal, and if you weren’t planning on doing a waterpark you might want to reconsider!

Not sure I had seen this reported, thank you for sharing!

I am thinking the Arcades will not return until after Covid World.

They would have to remove many of the machines to provide Social Distancing and station a CM to clean the touchpoints after each use.

Don't see it happening.

I am thinking the Arcades will not return until after Covid World.

They would have to remove many of the machines to provide Social Distancing and station a CM to clean the touchpoints after each use.

Don't see it happening.
Why would they have to do that after Covid? That’s what they would have to do to have them open now, not later.

If they decide to sardine people into cruise ships, they’re not going to be worried about arcades.

We are 3 weeks out and just got pixie dusted with a free upgrade to a Cars suite! Yahoo! I asked if the Nemo pool would be finished by then and the rep said it’s supposed to be done by the first week in April. I’m really hoping. I’ll be reading this thread really good, feeling lost staying at a resort we’ve never stayed at

Where are the movies shown at AOA? I’d like to avoid having a room in that area - we had a room located above a movie night speaker at a different resort and I was not a fan.

We are 3 weeks out and just got pixie dusted with a free upgrade to a Cars suite! Yahoo! I asked if the Nemo pool would be finished by then and the rep said it’s supposed to be done by the first week in April. I’m really hoping. I’ll be reading this thread really good, feeling lost staying at a resort we’ve never stayed at
I heard April as well but then I read somewhere that it wasn't going to be completed until late summer. I would think they'd work hard to get it done before the busy summer crowds. I'll be going in May for the first time at AoA so I hope it's open by then.

Glad to hear the BBP is almost complete!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!