Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Going along with this subject - we are also planning on bringing one small air mattress. Does AoA have an “extra” sheet and blankets that could potentially be used for an air mattress or should you pack them from home?

I do usually bring a fitted and flat sheet from home (we have sheets that we keep packed with each individual air mattress) but I call housekeeping to request an extra blanket. You said that you're bringing a "small" air mattress... I don't know what age/size the person is who will be using that mattress but our youngest daughter usually uses the seat cushions from the couch as her bed. She likes them better than the air mattress for some reason. We just wrap a sheet around them and she sleeps on that. She even likes to put them between the open sofa bed and the wall because she said it feels like her own little "cave". :D Now, those cushions will only work for a child because they're only about 5' long when put together. Our daughter is now 5'4" so I don't think that option will work for her anymore.

The room will come with the Queen bed made, the pull down bed partially made with the spare pillows nearby, and the pull out couch will have bedding in one of the storage bins. But there will not be bedding provided if you bring a 4th mattress. If you are planning to exceed the room occupancy they will not take kindly to a request for additional bedding.

A LOT of people bring an air mattress simply because they want an extra sleeping surface not because they're trying to exceed an occupancy limit. We've done it on numerous trips. Housekeeping never batted an eye when I requested extra bedding and never questioned the number of people in the room. I always ask for 6 extra towels as well -- never had a problem. When you're staying in a suite with 2 adults and 4 teens/tweens it probably *always* looks like there are extra people in the room but we've never been questioned. :)

Thanks so much!
Do you fly there or drive? About how large and heavy are they when deflated (for packing)?

We drive. They are kind of bulky and heavy. I roll them up like a sleeping bag and they are about 15" high with a diameter of about 10-11". I just weighed one and it's 10 pounds. I've seen people who fly say they just purchase one on Amazon and have it shipped to the resort so it's there when they arrive. Then they just leave the mattress somewhere (laundry room, outside their door, etc.) with a "free" sign when they checkout. It was cheaper than paying the extra baggage fee.

We drive. They are kind of bulky and heavy. I roll them up like a sleeping bag and they are about 15" high with a diameter of about 10-11". I just weighed one and it's 10 pounds. I've seen people who fly say they just purchase one on Amazon and have it shipped to the resort so it's there when they arrive. Then they just leave the mattress somewhere (laundry room, outside their door, etc.) with a "free" sign when they checkout. It was cheaper than paying the extra baggage fee.
Thanks so much for your info!

When my niece & nephew join us my nephew is the only male so he prefers an air bed to himself. We pack a fitted sheet with the airbed so it fits properly but we request another sheet, blankets and pillow from housekeeping. Many trips no issues at any resort as we do stay within occupancy limits.

We are staying at AoA in early May and hope to be able to score a table at Topolinos for breakfast. Can we catch a bus afterwards at the Riviera Resort to go to Epcot or do we have to take the skyliner from there?

We are staying at AoA in early May and hope to be able to score a table at Topolinos for breakfast. Can we catch a bus afterwards at the Riviera Resort to go to Epcot or do we have to take the skyliner from there?

Pretty sure it is Skyliner only unless it is not running.

So I have a question that was actually asked on the first page of the thread but wanted to ask for updates since that was asked almost 8 years ago.
Has anyone there in the past few years noticed any noise issues with being able to hear people in the rooms above or next to you (specifically in the Lion King Suites)? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to request a top floor room or if it really even matters (for a Lion King Suite).

Also, does anyone know if there are specific rooms that are pet friendly or are all of them pet friendly? Because of allergies I will be requesting a non pet friendly room because I don't want to be miserable the whole trip if I can help it but wasn't sure if they all were pet friendly or not. If they are I will just double up on allergy meds if I need to, just prefer not to.

So I have a question that was actually asked on the first page of the thread but wanted to ask for updates since that was asked almost 8 years ago.
Has anyone there in the past few years noticed any noise issues with being able to hear people in the rooms above or next to you (specifically in the Lion King Suites)? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to request a top floor room or if it really even matters (for a Lion King Suite).

Also, does anyone know if there are specific rooms that are pet friendly or are all of them pet friendly? Because of allergies I will be requesting a non pet friendly room because I don't want to be miserable the whole trip if I can help it but wasn't sure if they all were pet friendly or not. If they are I will just double up on allergy meds if I need to, just prefer not to.
When I inquired about a pet-friendly room, I was told they are all in the Cars section. Now, that may be one notch above hearing if from a bus driver, but that’s what I was told from whoever was on the phone that day.

I don’t remember our LK room being any more or less noisy than our Cars rooms. I hear a lot of complaints about noise at AOA in general, but we haven’t found it to be any better or worse than any other Disney property. There are always those who closed the parks (and you are in bed because you opened them!)—ir vice versa—and seem to have no concept of “inside voices” for both kids and adults! But I also haven’t stayed since they removed the carpets, so the footsteps from above could potentially be worse now in all of the rooms.

When I inquired about a pet-friendly room, I was told they are all in the Cars section. Now, that may be one notch above hearing if from a bus driver, but that’s what I was told from whoever was on the phone that day.

I don’t remember our LK room being any more or less noisy than our Cars rooms. I hear a lot of complaints about noise at AOA in general, but we haven’t found it to be any better or worse than any other Disney property. There are always those who closed the parks (and you are in bed because you opened them!)—ir vice versa—and seem to have no concept of “inside voices” for both kids and adults! But I also haven’t stayed since they removed the carpets, so the footsteps from above could potentially be worse now in all of the rooms.

Awesome, thank you so much.

We've been in a first floor suite in both LK & Nemo as well as a top floor suite in LK (twice). We didn't really have any major noise issues in any location. The worst of those 4 locations was top floor, building 10 (LK) right by the exit door at the staircase closest to Animation Hall. We heard that door slam every few minutes whenever we were in the room -- day or night. It wasn't so loud that it kept us awake or woke us up, but we definitely noticed it if we were awake. I made sure to request rooms *not* near a door on future trips. Also at that location there seemed to be a CM "hangout/break" room right next to our suite. We'd see CMs going in and out all day -- always carrying backpacks. If we were in our bedroom, we could hear them laughing and talking in the room next to us. They weren't loud, but it was noticeable. They only seemed to be there during the day, so it wasn't an issue at all. When we were in first floor suites, the only time we heard anything above us was for about 20 seconds in our LK suite. It sounded like a little kid bouncing a small ball. It stopped quickly and we never heard it again. I will say that we haven't been there since they removed the carpeting from the rooms so it's very possible that you hear more noise now. We've stayed at non-Disney hotels that don't have carpeting and I've noticed a little increase in noise, but nothing that kept us awake at night. It really depends on your neighbors, though. Our loudest neighbors have always been at high-end non-Disney hotels with carpeting.

A far as pets, they're allowed in each of the sections. There were definitely dogs in our LK building (building 6) during our stay in June 2018. We didn't hear them, but we saw the same 2 families with their dogs coming and going from our building throughout the week. There are "doggie relief" areas in each of the 4 themed areas of the resort. I *think* they only allow them in one specific building in each section and possibly only on specific floors within those buildings. I know I've seen people report that they've requested to *not* be in a pet-friendly building and also that you can request a deep cleaning prior to arrival if you have pet allergies.

We've been in a first floor suite in both LK & Nemo as well as a top floor suite in LK (twice). We didn't really have any major noise issues in any location. The worst of those 4 locations was top floor, building 10 (LK) right by the exit door at the staircase closest to Animation Hall. We heard that door slam every few minutes whenever we were in the room -- day or night. It wasn't so loud that it kept us awake or woke us up, but we definitely noticed it if we were awake. I made sure to request rooms *not* near a door on future trips. Also at that location there seemed to be a CM "hangout/break" room right next to our suite. We'd see CMs going in and out all day -- always carrying backpacks. If we were in our bedroom, we could hear them laughing and talking in the room next to us. They weren't loud, but it was noticeable. They only seemed to be there during the day, so it wasn't an issue at all. When we were in first floor suites, the only time we heard anything above us was for about 20 seconds in our LK suite. It sounded like a little kid bouncing a small ball. It stopped quickly and we never heard it again. I will say that we haven't been there since they removed the carpeting from the rooms so it's very possible that you hear more noise now. We've stayed at non-Disney hotels that don't have carpeting and I've noticed a little increase in noise, but nothing that kept us awake at night. It really depends on your neighbors, though. Our loudest neighbors have always been at high-end non-Disney hotels with carpeting.

A far as pets, they're allowed in each of the sections. There were definitely dogs in our LK building (building 6) during our stay in June 2018. We didn't hear them, but we saw the same 2 families with their dogs coming and going from our building throughout the week. There are "doggie relief" areas in each of the 4 themed areas of the resort. I *think* they only allow them in one specific building in each section and possibly only on specific floors within those buildings. I know I've seen people report that they've requested to *not* be in a pet-friendly building and also that you can request a deep cleaning prior to arrival if you have pet allergies.

Thank you so much. That helps a lot about the pet friendly rooms. I grew up with animals but the older I get the worse my allergies get so I have to be prepared just in case.

Hi all! We are looking to make a trip with 5 adults, a three year old and a two year old. Does this sound like way too much for one family suite? Will we feel like sardines? I thought it might be ok because two of the beds fold up during the day time, and we will spend most of our day at the pool or in the parks.

Hi all! We are looking to make a trip with 5 adults, a three year old and a two year old. Does this sound like way too much for one family suite? Will we feel like sardines? I thought it might be ok because two of the beds fold up during the day time, and we will spend most of our day at the pool or in the parks.
I’d say it depends on how closely the adults are related. Two of your beds are going to be in the same room with no way to divide it. But the two full baths are great. And sounds like both little could probably sleep on an air mattress or (my DD’s fave) the back cushion from the sofa LOL I’d say it also depends on how much time you spend in the room, but sounds like us—not a lot. I think you’d be fine.

I’d say it depends on how closely the adults are related. Two of your beds are going to be in the same room with no way to divide it. But the two full baths are great. And sounds like both little could probably sleep on an air mattress or (my DD’s fave) the back cushion from the sofa LOL I’d say it also depends on how much time you spend in the room, but sounds like us—not a lot. I think you’d be fine.

Thank you for this input! I am thinking especially with a small air mattress, we will be fine!

Has anyone heard anything recently about progress on the big blue pool? We’ll be there on 4/19 and just hoping the refurb will be done by then...

Has anyone heard anything recently about progress on the big blue pool? We’ll be there on 4/19 and just hoping the refurb will be done by then...
It’s scheduled to be done by then but I haven’t seen an update recently, no.

Thank you so much. That helps a lot about the pet friendly rooms. I grew up with animals but the older I get the worse my allergies get so I have to be prepared just in case.

Service animals are not limited to pet friendly rooms as they are not pets. So if your allergies are that bad, you should really be requesting an allergy cleaning at any hotel as a service animal could have been in there even if the room or hotel is not coded “pet friendly”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter