Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We had a noisy neighbor at Wilderness Lodge, Fireworks View room. Quite a bit more money than AoA LM room.

We've never really had a problem with noisy neighbors during any of our Disney stays. A few minor things but nothing that ruined our vacation. Fortunately the minor issues were mostly during the day when we were awake anyway. Our nosiest neighbor ever was at the Ritz Carlton in Washington DC. Not a cheap room by any stretch of the imagination so I wasn't happy. The front desk did their best to address it. We heard the manager talking to the people next door and saying they were getting numerous complaints about the noise (it was 1:30 a.m. on a Tuesday...in a hotel full of business travelers, many who had to be at a conference at 7:00 a.m.) and they did quiet down after that. The manager did also offer to move us to a different room but we didn't feel like packing everything up in the middle of the night. Fortunately, the noisy neighbors checked out the next morning.

I have an accessible LM room booked next week with a roll-in shower. Does anyone know if all the LM buildings have at least one of these rooms? The Touring Plans room finder doesn't show any roll-in shower LM rooms on their tool and I'm not sure where else to look to find these room locations.

How's the bus situation to epcot at aoa?

What time are ppl lining up/ buses getting there?

Is this a better option than the skyliner? (I know aoa guests are being encouraged to use the bus, we're staying at pop)

Anyone currently at AOA, or just recently returned........what are the pool hours for the Cars pool and LM pool? Big Blue pool will be closing here in a few days before we come down and hoping the other 2 pools are open decently late for after park swims.

Anyone currently at AOA, or just recently returned........what are the pool hours for the Cars pool and LM pool? Big Blue pool will be closing here in a few days before we come down and hoping the other 2 pools are open decently late for after park swims.
Unless it just changed,recent reports are that Pools are still on the 10 AM-10 PM schedule implemented Labor Day weekend.

I am pretty sure that pre-covid, there used to be dish soap available in the rooms. Is that still the case or can I buy some down in the shop?

We just got back from AoA and I have to say, we had a great experience. When we arrived at the resort, the room we booked was not available (it was an accessible room with a roll-in shower). They worked with us to find a room that we were happy with and finally put us in a Cars suite. Since it took some time to get the room ready, they gave us $60 and told us to go get dinner. When we came back, our room was ready. And they called the next day to make sure we were happy with the room they put us in. My family hasn't stayed in a value in a while, but the service we got at AoA this weekend was better than the service we've gotten at way more expensive Disney resorts, that's for sure.

I am yet to be convinced that the Skyliner is as great as everyone makes it out to be. Every single time we tried to take it, the line was so long that it was easier to take the bus. At Epcot, we wanted to take it to return to AoA at the end of the night so we waited until about 45 minutes after park close before we headed over. The line stretched back all the way to the Beach Club and the cast member said it would be about a 35-40 minutes wait. Then we'd have to wait again at CBR. We just took a Lyft from BC back to the resort. Bus transportation was on point for our trip though, especially the buses between the parks for park hopping. Overall, it was a great trip and we'll definitely be putting AoA back in our resort rotation due to how great the cast members there were.

We just got back from AoA and I have to say, we had a great experience. When we arrived at the resort, the room we booked was not available (it was an accessible room with a roll-in shower). They worked with us to find a room that we were happy with and finally put us in a Cars suite. Since it took some time to get the room ready, they gave us $60 and told us to go get dinner. When we came back, our room was ready. And they called the next day to make sure we were happy with the room they put us in. My family hasn't stayed in a value in a while, but the service we got at AoA this weekend was better than the service we've gotten at way more expensive Disney resorts, that's for sure.

I am yet to be convinced that the Skyliner is as great as everyone makes it out to be. Every single time we tried to take it, the line was so long that it was easier to take the bus. At Epcot, we wanted to take it to return to AoA at the end of the night so we waited until about 45 minutes after park close before we headed over. The line stretched back all the way to the Beach Club and the cast member said it would be about a 35-40 minutes wait. Then we'd have to wait again at CBR. We just took a Lyft from BC back to the resort. Bus transportation was on point for our trip though, especially the buses between the parks for park hopping. Overall, it was a great trip and we'll definitely be putting AoA back in our resort rotation due to how great the cast members there were.
Yeah. The skyliner definitely does not seem like a perk first thing in the morning or at the end of the night. Glad you had a great trip! :)

I am pretty sure that pre-covid, there used to be dish soap available in the rooms. Is that still the case or can I buy some down in the shop?

I've stayed in a suite at AoA four times pre-covid and there was never any dish soap in the room on those stays. I always brought my own along with a Dollar Store bottle brush to make cleaning the mugs easier. I just checked my pictures from our last trip (2018) and there was Dawn soap available for purchase in the gift shop.

Yeah. The skyliner definitely does not seem like a perk first thing in the morning or at the end of the night. Glad you had a great trip! :)

I am glad they went into some detail on it. We almost moved to AoA in order to get the skyliner as a second transportation option. I am going to guess losing the main pool for awhile is going to be a big negative?

Last edited:

This. There is no way I would stay at AoA or Pop because of the Skyliner. I am staying at AoA here soon because it was like $105 a night. Not being able to use the Skyliner in the mornings and at closing without an obscene wait negates the entire point of it to me.

I am assuming that people staying at Riveria don't have as big a issue with such, correct? And then is CBR a little better off than Pop and AoA with such wait times?

I am planning to utilize Uber numerous times at the end of the month for our transportation to and from Epcot/Hollywood Studios.

My good, bad, ugly report Dec. 31 - Jan. 5.
Good-Magical Express, first time using it and of course they decide to kill it in the future. Easy check in, hardly a soul around and I got a lot of great pictures. Empty pool, I actually used a pool for the first time on this trip. Short wait for busses.

Bad-We had to call to get fresh towels and to have trash picked up from the room more than once. Skyliner is not a great way to get to the parks, nice attraction, but poor transportation. Limited menu at Landscape.

Ugly-Mobile ordering app. We had a lot of trouble with it throughout our stay. A few kiosk at some of the locations would have really helped me.

Overall - GO NOW! Book a trip and go! It was probably the most relaxed, easy to plan Disney trip I have ever experienced. This is going to be our 'home' resort. We have discussed trying someplace else and keep bouncing back to AoA. As soon as fireworks come on line I will be booking a trip. Who am I kidding? I am already looking for reasons to book another trip, fireworks or not.

This. There is no way I would stay at AoA or Pop because of the Skyliner. I am staying at AoA here soon because it was like $105 a night. Not being able to use the Skyliner in the mornings and at closing without an obscene wait negates the entire point of it to me.

I am assuming that people staying at Riveria don't have as big a issue with such, correct? And then is CBR a little better off than Pop and AoA with such wait times?

I am planning to utilize Uber numerous times at the end of the month for our transportation to and from Epcot/Hollywood Studios.
We've stayed at CBR too and honestly, the skyliner still doesn't seem great from there. It's one less step than staying at AoA or Pop, but it's still not very efficient at park opening or close. Maybe this will be less of an issue when they can fill the gondolas fully, but right now it's not great.

We've stayed at CBR too and honestly, the skyliner still doesn't seem great from there. It's one less step than staying at AoA or Pop, but it's still not very efficient at park opening or close. Maybe this will be less of an issue when they can fill the gondolas fully, but right now it's not great.
There is no way I will get on a gondala with more than 4-5 people. But that is just me.

Can you say how buses were from AoA going to Epcot for park open? I am staying at Pop, and planned to use skyliner (pre covid LOVED it) but with one single park day I rather not waste time in line - I thought to walk to AoA for bus, and if it's a pain just grab an uber instead. We are doing a past park close ADR so getting back at the end of the night doesn't bother me waiting for skyliner. TIA

Can you say how buses were from AoA going to Epcot for park open? I am staying at Pop, and planned to use skyliner (pre covid LOVED it) but with one single park day I rather not waste time in line - I thought to walk to AoA for bus, and if it's a pain just grab an uber instead. We are doing a past park close ADR so getting back at the end of the night doesn't bother me waiting for skyliner. TIA
Buses were great. We jumped right on a bus and were there in no time, a bus was waiting at the stop when we got there.

Buses were great. We jumped right on a bus and were there in no time, a bus was waiting at the stop when we got there.
Thanks!! What time did you get in line? Epcot opens at 11 our park day, I planned to be walking to the bus area around 10am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!