Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Took the bus to HS this morning for a 9 am opening. Got in line around 7:30. The first bus came at 7:50. He slow rolled it to the park, because he must have been told not to drop off before 8:00. Could see the cars being let in as we waited in line for temp check. Temp check opened at 8:15. Straight to MMRR. It started running at 8:30.

WOW!!!!

I know that getting to DHS early is a priority for many people, but is getting to rope drop from AoA to Epcot the same? I'd like to take the skyline to Epcot so we can go in the IG entrance, but I've read that CMs are encouraging people from AoA to take the buses to DHS and Epcot instead of the skyliner. Is getting to Epcot for opening as bad as getting to DHS? What time do you think I'd want to show up at the skyliner station for an 11 am Epcot opening?

Last edited:
I know that getting to DHS early is a priority for many people, but is getting to rope drop from AoA to Epcot the same? I'd like to take the skyline to Epcot so we can go in the IG entrance, but I've read that CMs are encouraging people from AoA to take the buses to DHS and Epcot instead of the skyliner. Is getting to Epcot for opening as bad as getting to DHS? What time do you think I'd want to show up at the skyliner station for an 11 am Epcot opening?

I can’t answer what it’s like at the AoA station, but my experience at the CBR station transfer point to the Epcot line around/at/just after rope drop has been very stout crowds - like 25-30 minute waits and lines wrapped everywhere. We had a manager CM the other day convince to get on the DHS line and walk! Granted it was Thanksgiving week, but I’ve seen some similar reports around the DIS so I suspect it might not be an isolated occurrence. Unfortunately with one party per gondola and such a late opening, the Skyliner really backs up for a period of time.

So yeah, I’d mentally prep for a journey and build in enough cushion time.

I can’t answer what it’s like at the AoA station, but my experience at the CBR station transfer point to the Epcot line around/at/just after rope drop has been very stout crowds - like 25-30 minute waits and lines wrapped everywhere. We had a manager CM the other day convince to get on the DHS line and walk! Granted it was Thanksgiving week, but I’ve seen some similar reports around the DIS so I suspect it might not be an isolated occurrence. Unfortunately with one party per gondola and such a late opening, the Skyliner really backs up for a period of time.

So yeah, I’d mentally prep for a journey and build in enough cushion time.
Hmmm, thanks. Maybe we will just take the bus!

Hmmm, thanks. Maybe we will just take the bus!
May be wiser. Either that or doing HS. We were there last week and Epcot opened at 12. They didn’t let anyone on the skyliner if you were going to Epcot until 11:30, and by that point, the line at CBR was a good 30-45 minute wait. We didn’t get into WS until almost 1 after having to set up DAS passes for my brother since it was the first day. We still did pretty much everything we wanted to that day, but it did make for a frustrating start.

Hi all! Sorry if these questions have been answered recently, but I couldn't find this info anywhere. We are staying at AoA in a LM room in January. Do the rooms have coffee makers? and if so, is it a Keurig or standard pot? (Either is MORE than fine with me haha). As for getting into the park, how are lines for skylines first thing in the morning? Would it be smart to jump on the Skyliner easy in the morning or take the buses? Thanks!

Hi all! Sorry if these questions have been answered recently, but I couldn't find this info anywhere. We are staying at AoA in a LM room in January. Do the rooms have coffee makers? and if so, is it a Keurig or standard pot? (Either is MORE than fine with me haha). As for getting into the park, how are lines for skylines first thing in the morning? Would it be smart to jump on the Skyliner easy in the morning or take the buses? Thanks!
I can't answer about the skyliner but there are coffee makers in the refurbished rooms. It's the pod type, not a keurig. If you Google refurbished LM rooms, there are pictures.

I can't answer about the skyliner but there are coffee makers in the refurbished rooms. It's the pod type, not a keurig. If you Google refurbished LM rooms, there are pictures.

Thanks so much for your answer! I had seen the pod machines in some pictures online but wasn't sure if all of the LM were renovated yet.

I think the consensus on the Skyliner was that if you are trying to rope drop, take the bus, but any other time of day, do the skyliner.

Thanks so much for your answer! I had seen the pod machines in some pictures online but wasn't sure if all of the LM were renovated yet.
AFAIK all the rooms at the resort have been refurbished. I have yet to hear of anyone who has been post reopen who has not gotten a refurbished room. I'll be there next week so I hope that's the case!

AFAIK all the rooms at the resort have been refurbished. I have yet to hear of anyone who has been post reopen who has not gotten a refurbished room. I'll be there next week so I hope that's the case!
Me as well! Hope you enjoy the vacation... after this year we all deserve it 😂

At AoA right now. While we are loving it and having a wonderful vacation, the walls between rooms are paper thin. Literally.

Little mermaid
I’m sure the suites might be quieter. We usually stay at POP and it never seemed this bad?
But again, a small inconvenience to a great vacation. But I can understand whole conversations from our neighbors it’s so bad.

Little mermaid
I’m sure the suites might be quieter. We usually stay at POP and it never seemed this bad?
But again, a small inconvenience to a great vacation. But I can understand whole conversations from our neighbors it’s so bad.
Oh thanks. I do wonder if there's a difference with the suites.

At AoA right now. While we are loving it and having a wonderful vacation, the walls between rooms are paper thin. Literally.

If you have a room with a connecting door, try rolling up a towel to put at the bottom of the door. That can make a big difference. Hopefully your neighbor will leave tomorrow and you'll have quieter tenants next door. I don't think "paper thin" walls are unique to the LM rooms. I've seen people complain about the same thing at Deluxe and Moderate resorts, too. So much of it has to do with how loud the people next door are. My husband has a voice that carries so I'm always reminding him to use a quiet voice when we stay at any hotel. :D

There is about a half of case of bottled water that I placed outside of room 8857 if anyone is here and wants it, as we are on our way home today to a winter weather advisory of 6 inches of snow.

I've seen people complain about the same thing at Deluxe and Moderate resorts, too. So much of it has to do with how loud the people next door are.

We had a noisy neighbor at Wilderness Lodge, Fireworks View room. Quite a bit more money than AoA LM room.

We are thinking of AoA in March. My kids (10 and under) love to swim, and I see the big pool is closed. Are the other pools sufficient for recreational kids' swimming?

We are thinking of AoA in March. My kids (10 and under) love to swim, and I see the big pool is closed. Are the other pools sufficient for recreational kids' swimming?
The Cars pool is a small rainbow shape. Perfectly sufficient for playing around, but not like LSP swimming. Think I remember the Mermaid pool being bigger, but we never swam in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter