Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

The cast member we spoke to at the skyliner the other day said Pop does not have buses for those 2 parks, hence why their line for the skyliner is quite crazy in the morning.
Are the Cast Members not making Pop Century Guests aware they can use the AoA bus to DHS/Epcot or do they want to "limit" Pop Century Guests to just the Skyliner while giving AoA Guests both options?

We will be headed to WDW come the end of Feb. We haven't stayed in the LM since it opened in 2012. This time we are taking our 5 year of granddaughter.

Does anyone know if the food court offers the Kids Power Packs in their cooler section? It's a little pre-made meal option including a Jammy Sammy, Gold Fish, fruit, carrots and a drink?

Would it be possible to use a twin air mattress in an AoA family suite? (Not looking to exceed allowed occupancy...just may want to avoid sharing sleeping surfaces.). We wouldn't mind having to deflate it during the day to free up the floor space.

ETA- I did a thread search and it seems folks have used twin air mattresses in the suites. I would appreciate knowing how people use them. Where do they fit well? What have you had to move to make it work? Thanks!

Last edited:

Are the Cast Members not making Pop Century Guests aware they can use the AoA bus to DHS/Epcot or do they want to "limit" Pop Century Guests to just the Skyliner while giving AoA Guests both options?
At HS during closing, a CM suggested to us to take an AoA bus back if we’d like to (crazy long skyliner line). Worked perfectly.

Would it be possible to use a twin air mattress in an AoA family suite? (Not looking to exceed allowed occupancy...just may want to avoid sharing sleeping surfaces.). We wouldn't mind having to deflate it during the day to free up the floor space.

ETA- I did a thread search and it seems folks have used twin air mattresses in the suites. I would appreciate knowing how people use them. Where do they fit well? What have you had to move to make it work? Thanks!
There’s plenty of room anywhere you want to put it. I mean you could probably for at least 3 in the living room area, even with both beds out. It’s a large room. You could got one in the bedroom too but it’s tighter.

There’s plenty of room anywhere you want to put it. I mean you could probably for at least 3 in the living room area, even with both beds out. It’s a large room. You could got one in the bedroom too but it’s tighter.

Wow! Thanks for this. I was thinking the space was tighter. Where to put a mattress is not a detail I need to stress over :-)

I'd say there are 3-4 choices of where to put it. I think the biggest decision factors will be who is going to be sleeping on it and when is that person going to try to go to sleep vs the other folks in the room and who is getting up in the middle of the night and will remember not to trip over it on their way to the bathroom! You wouldn't need to deflate it each day - you could just stand it up someplace more out of the way. It will feel a little "walking through a maze" like when it's down wherever you put it - but you can make it work for sure.

Have we ever figured out if they finished the LM room refurb? I'm trying to make alternate plans for Feb break since it looks 99.9% sure at this point that my Celebrity cruise has been cancelled. (Apparently there was some press conference announcement this morning, but no direct notification and nothing on their website yet.)

Have we ever figured out if they finished the LM room refurb? I'm trying to make alternate plans for Feb break since it looks 99.9% sure at this point that my Celebrity cruise has been cancelled. (Apparently there was some press conference announcement this morning, but no direct notification and nothing on their website yet.)
I was wondering this myself, as we may be staying there end of January. My search turned up an article on Tom Corless's site about the refurb, and in the comments he claimed all the rooms had been done. I also found this YouTube video showing off the new rooms, and they responded to commenters asking about this very question that they're all finished now. So take that for what it's worth.

We've used an air mattress every time we've stayed in a suite. Our kids are teens/adults and don't do well sharing a bed for an 8-night stay. :) There are several places that a twin air mattress will fit but the one that worked best for us was to put it next to the sofa bed and in front of the kitchen area. The only thing we needed to move was the trash and recycling bin -- and that was only to allow a path to the sink if someone needed it. I think (though I don't remember for sure) that there was space at the foot of the mattress for someone to be able to walk from the sofa bed to the bathroom. During the day we just prop the mattress up against the wall between the sofa and the kitchen unit.

Depending on the age/size of the person sleeping on that mattress another option is to use the seat cushions from the couch as a mattress. Our youngest daughter prefers that over an air mattress. We just ask mousekeeping for 2 extra sheets and a blanket. We wrap the cushions in one sheet and then use the other sheet and the blanket as a cover. Our daughter likes to put that set up between the sofa bed and the wall (under the window). She calls it her "cave". :) Using the cushions will only work for a child under about 12 years of age. Our daughter is tall for her age and still used the set-up when she was 14 but her feet hung off the edge of the cushions (which she didn't mind but would drive me nuts :D). Just thought I'd mention it in case it would work for your situation.

Depending on the age/size of the person sleeping on that mattress another option is to use the seat cushions from the couch as a mattress. Our youngest daughter prefers that over an air mattress. We just ask mousekeeping for 2 extra sheets and a blanket. We wrap the cushions in one sheet and then use the other sheet and the blanket as a cover.
OMG I totally forgot that! My DD did that on our first stay there too! She’s too tall now (well, not much—she’s only 5’2”) but yeah she thought that was comfy as well. Thanks for the memory 😊

I was told they had completely finished the renovations when my Disney planner checked to see.

Took the bus to HS this morning for a 9 am opening. Got in line around 7:30. The first bus came at 7:50. He slow rolled it to the park, because he must have been told not to drop off before 8:00. Could see the cars being let in as we waited in line for temp check. Temp check opened at 8:15. Straight to MMRR. It started running at 8:30.

Hi there!

What time are the buses there for a 10am opening at HS?
Are the lines long/ people lining up 2 hours early for the bus?

Anyone stay here recently and think there was significant advantage to the buses at AoA over using the skyliner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter