Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I am passing up the FD to stay at AoA too. The little Maid rooms and the resort look so fun. I just looked it up on YouTube and my almost 2 year old DD was saying Ariel and I am excited! I keep debating in my mind saving the extra money , $500 to stay at Pop, but we've stayed there SO many times, i really want to go to AoA. I'm just the kind of person that likes to save all i can, so it's hard to pass up the FD. It is annoying how they cant just book the FD for the part of the trip Nov 11 onward.. they said we'd have to do a room only package for the 9th-10th, which would be frustrating and expensive paying OOP for food for those days and getting our tickets early at the guest services, so with everything that entails to switch to Pop, we'll just spend the extra money to go to AoA. I cant wait to try the gelato! :dance3:

How far a walk are the bus stops from the LM rooms? =)

I would say 6-7 minutes. Give or take a minute or two depending on how fast you walk. Another website indicated that it was similar to the walk from the very front gate at MK to the carousel in Fantasyland. It was not an unpleasant walk in the morning but if you forget something back at the room you will really debate it's importance before hiking back lol. Coming back at night, again, not at all an unpleasant walk, it's just that, by that time, after a day at the parks, my feet are like, Lady enough already!

just booked AoA std LM room for the 2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend! I had to book rack rate at this time, but will keep an eye out for discounts. I got a quote from a TA that can get me discounted rooms at POFQ and Pop, but I really wanted AoA!

Question...when discounts are released (Disney VISA, AAA etc, looking for room only, not free dining discount) is AoA typicaly included in these type promotions? I know it's new and thought maybe it might be excluded. I hate to pay rack rate for a room :sad2:

We had previously booked AoA and called upon receiving the late summer discount from Disney Visa. We got a 15% room discount on a Cars suite.

Just a quick update from our recent stay at AoA - We were there June 1 thru June 8 staying in the Little Mermaid suites. We had a great time and it was a great resort.

We were in building 8 (Little Mermaid) and the furthest corner in the building from the food court. It is a good hike to bus stops and food court - especially in the heat of the day. Our room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable.

However, we did change to building 9 (King Triton) to lessen the walking distance for my husband who is having some walking issues. It was much better since we were just walking through the Lion King area.

The bed was not as comfortable as the first room so the comments on here about "hard" beds should be considered.

This was our first time staying in value - we have stayed Moderate. So, the rooms were smaller and the biggest challenge was storage. We did not have enough space for putting our clothes and things away. Consider the suggestions to bring some hanging storage with you. There are 3 small drawers.

A minor note - using the divider curtain to block light from the bathroom while GD is sleeping just didn't work - you couldn't get it pulled far enough and I kept waking her up in the mornings. This was not an issue in the Moderate. I don't know if the curtain just didn't stretch far enough (there was a gap) or the lighter curtain.

Bus service - was great. Going and coming our wait was never more than 10 minutes and usually closer to 5. One morning we got to bus stop with full bus, but another one pulled up immediately. One day DH went back to resort from Epcot around 11:30 and he waited 20 minutes at Epcot - but that was the only wait.

Food Court - was okay and nothing really outstanding. We missed the Mickey waffles. Real silverware and plates was nice.

I've learned so much here so I just wanted to come back and share.

I've always stayed at Polynesian ever since I was a child, and for my wife and I's engagement AND honeymoon. However, when we went last April, we stayed at AoA. Call me crazy, but we both might have actually liked it better. And when you add in the price difference, I just dont know that we'll ever go back to Poly.

As hard as I tried, there was literally only one con I could find for AoA.

Distance. It seems like no matter how you slice it, you're going to be further from everything. We stayed in a MR, since it was just my wife and I, and it's a long walk. Maybe nothing bad for the average person, but I've got serious knee issues with chronically torn ACLs. It was a journey after a long day at the park. The bus rides also seem very long unless you are going to DHS. Where as when we stayed at Poly, we could come back to the room from MK for a break, that didn't happen with AoA. The bus ride was too long and big of a deal to get on.

Other than that, everything is fantastic. The MRs have very few kids and we had a very quiet experience in our room, where as in Poly, there is almost always at least one room around us with a child having a meltdown.

I though Landscape of Flavors was great and affordable. The create-your-own pasta was $9.99 for an awesome pasta that was plenty big to fill up both my wife and I, and breakfast was a little more than I expected really.

The room was plenty big as well. I do wish we would have gotten a king bed though, as I didn't know they offered those.

I'll also add in this, just as a testimonial of the staff: We went for my wife's 21st birthday. I surprised her and got the huge birthday package from Disney Florist. The problem was her birthday was Saturday, which was also our check in day. The packages require a *FULL* day in the room before they can be delivered. So I called and begged for them to make an exception. Pleaded that "You guys are supposed to make dreams come true! Well I've got a dream! Make it happen!" lol. The lady was very nice (of course this is Disney Florist, not AoA), and said that she'll try and see if the resort will work with her to make it happen. After putting me on hold to call AoA, she then said she may be able to make it happen, but to get to AoA ASAP Saturday, and call her immediately with the room #, and they'll try to deliver between 6 and 9pm. Well, we were racing to get there, and to avoid TMI, I got food poisoning and didn't feel to well on the 10 hour drive there. So when we get there about 45 mins late, I'm freaking out. My wife can't figure out why I'm in such a hurry. We race to the room, to find a banner on the door and the room already done up before check in time. I'm not sure who was responsible for that, AoA or Florist, but it was freakin amazing, and I owe them big time for making all that happen.

I've always stayed at Polynesian ever since I was a child, and for my wife and I's engagement AND honeymoon. However, when we went last April, we stayed at AoA. Call me crazy, but we both might have actually liked it better. And when you add in the price difference, I just dont know that we'll ever go back to Poly.

As hard as I tried, there was literally only one con I could find for AoA.

Distance. It seems like no matter how you slice it, you're going to be further from everything. We stayed in a MR, since it was just my wife and I, and it's a long walk. Maybe nothing bad for the average person, but I've got serious knee issues with chronically torn ACLs. It was a journey after a long day at the park. The bus rides also seem very long unless you are going to DHS. Where as when we stayed at Poly, we could come back to the room from MK for a break, that didn't happen with AoA. The bus ride was too long and big of a deal to get on.

Other than that, everything is fantastic. The MRs have very few kids and we had a very quiet experience in our room, where as in Poly, there is almost always at least one room around us with a child having a meltdown.

I though Landscape of Flavors was great and affordable. The create-your-own pasta was $9.99 for an awesome pasta that was plenty big to fill up both my wife and I, and breakfast was a little more than I expected really.

The room was plenty big as well. I do wish we would have gotten a king bed though, as I didn't know they offered those.

I'll also add in this, just as a testimonial of the staff: We went for my wife's 21st birthday. I surprised her and got the huge birthday package from Disney Florist. The problem was her birthday was Saturday, which was also our check in day. The packages require a *FULL* day in the room before they can be delivered. So I called and begged for them to make an exception. Pleaded that "You guys are supposed to make dreams come true! Well I've got a dream! Make it happen!" lol. The lady was very nice (of course this is Disney Florist, not AoA), and said that she'll try and see if the resort will work with her to make it happen. After putting me on hold to call AoA, she then said she may be able to make it happen, but to get to AoA ASAP Saturday, and call her immediately with the room #, and they'll try to deliver between 6 and 9pm. Well, we were racing to get there, and to avoid TMI, I got food poisoning and didn't feel to well on the 10 hour drive there. So when we get there about 45 mins late, I'm freaking out. My wife can't figure out why I'm in such a hurry. We race to the room, to find a banner on the door and the room already done up before check in time. I'm not sure who was responsible for that, AoA or Florist, but it was freakin amazing, and I owe them big time for making all that happen.

Magic happens at the Values too!
Next time stay away from the gas station sushi! Lol

I'm gonna make a wild guess.... since the Nemo suites are the most popular, I doubt there will be any check-ins prior to 3:00???

When we went to POP 2 years ago, we checked in at noon to get our park passes, etc. Luckily, our room was already available, so we could unpack the car. (which made me happy... I didn't want all the luggage, etc in the car while in the parking lots at the parks.)

I'm gonna make a wild guess.... since the Nemo suites are the most popular, I doubt there will be any check-ins prior to 3:00???

When we went to POP 2 years ago, we checked in at noon to get our park passes, etc. Luckily, our room was already available, so we could unpack the car. (which made me happy... I didn't want all the luggage, etc in the car while in the parking lots at the parks.)

You never know. Doesn't hurt to try :)

Typically no discounts for LM rooms at all. In the future it will likely change as the newness wears off and it's not always sold out.

booo! I really wanted to stay there but my wallet is not happy with rack rate:sad2:

Yet another few questions from me haha!

For those who have been recently - The nightly movie at the resort, is this held in the LK section, or by the pool. (Or both?) I've heard lately that it's in the LK section but I know it used to be by the pool as I've seen pictures!

And also, I've heard technically the pool is 24 hours, as long as the pool is not being cleaned and you are quiet? Is this true?

Yet another few questions from me haha!

For those who have been recently - The nightly movie at the resort, is this held in the LK section, or by the pool. (Or both?) I've heard lately that it's in the LK section but I know it used to be by the pool as I've seen pictures!

And also, I've heard technically the pool is 24 hours, as long as the pool is not being cleaned and you are quiet? Is this true?

We just returned Sunday night from a 5 night stay in the Cars Suites. Loved, loved the suites and the location. Last year I stayed in the LM section as it was just me and my daughter. We loved this section but the walk got really tiring after all day in the parks. This trip my whole family went so the suite worked out great.

To answer your question the movies were played at the pool this past week, the first time I was there they were played in the Lion King section as we would walk past them at night on the way to the LM section. I also saw people in the pools all during the night. Hope that helps. :)

1 bedroom, and then a living room, and dinette. The couch pulls out into a queen? Size bed and the table is a Murphy bed, so there are 3 beds total.

Last minute first timer panic setting in:).

Staying at aoa in a cars suite next week. I have read glowing reviews about the bus system and scathing ones. What is the reality of transportation there? Are afternoon breaks doable or will we be spending 4 hours waiting and riding buses everyday if we do breaks? Give it me straight! Thanks:)

We were in Cars in May. We has no problem with the buses. I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. We did do afternoon breaks and we were so glad we did. I know they are not for everyone, but we enjoyed some pool time while the parks were crazy and still had plenty of time to make it back for our 5:00 pm ADRs.

MeeskaMomma said:
We were in Cars in May. We has no problem with the buses. I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. We did do afternoon breaks and we were so glad we did. I know they are not for everyone, but we enjoyed some pool time while the parks were crazy and still had plenty of time to make it back for our 5:00 pm ADRs.

Thanks. Gives me hope! I think we are going to need breaks, but hate the idea of spending Half our day fighting with transportation.

Last minute first timer panic setting in:).

Staying at aoa in a cars suite next week. I have read glowing reviews about the bus system and scathing ones. What is the reality of transportation there? Are afternoon breaks doable or will we be spending 4 hours waiting and riding buses everyday if we do breaks? Give it me straight! Thanks:)

We were there in May and had no issues with transportation. Never waited longer than 5 minutes to go to a park. Coming back from a park, during the day, maybe 10 minutes. We did have to stand a lot when coming 'home' late but thats definitely not unique to this resort. At MK close one night, the line for AoA was unreal. All the way thru the queue and then allllll the way down towards the boat docks. I wasn't feeling well and tried to convince DH to just call a cab. Before we could do that 3 or 4 buses pulled up to the AoA bus stop and they cleared just about everyone from the area. No worries about transportation :)

We just returned Sunday night from a 5 night stay in the Cars Suites. Loved, loved the suites and the location. Last year I stayed in the LM section as it was just me and my daughter. We loved this section but the walk got really tiring after all day in the parks. This trip my whole family went so the suite worked out great.

To answer your question the movies were played at the pool this past week, the first time I was there they were played in the Lion King section as we would walk past them at night on the way to the LM section. I also saw people in the pools all during the night. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks so much! That's super helpful! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter