Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Staples order? I read in an earlier post someone had a Staples order waiting for them.. I assume this was with drinks and snacks? Are they less expensive than Garden Grocers?

Since Staples is an office supply store, I think most folks use them mainly to order bottled water. I would imagine their selection of snacks would be pretty limited.

And I think I remember reading a post that said Staples will ship cases of bottled water without a shipping charge, but I'm not sure about that.

Another poster asked earlier about the drawing lessons held at AoA. Specifically days/times & location. I was interested in this also but never saw a reply (sorry if I missed it!) Hoping to check this out with DD during our July trip.

They begin at 10am in the lobby area and run every hour on the hour with the last class being at 6p. I'd double check when you check in that the times are still the same. Days and times are subject to change

Question for those who have already been to AoA and stayed in the LM Room!

I know they don't have microwaves in the rooms, or coffee pots/brewing sets (that's a suite thing, right?) but can you ask/rent one by any chance from the main lobby? Or is it a sort of 'bring it if you need it' thing?

Since Staples is an office supply store, I think most folks use them mainly to order bottled water. I would imagine their selection of snacks would be pretty limited.

And I think I remember reading a post that said Staples will ship cases of bottled water without a shipping charge, but I'm not sure about that.

I have used staples just for water but they do have bulk snack room type of snacks. They are cheaper than GG because of the shipping/delivery charges. No limit for Staples - for us the shipping was free and when the resort lost our bottled water (2x!) they expressed it over from a local store.

I know they don't have microwaves in the rooms, or coffee pots/brewing sets (that's a suite thing, right?) but can you ask/rent one by any chance from the main lobby? Or is it a sort of 'bring it if you need it' thing?

I have not seen any reports of Disney providing appliances like these on request at any of the value resorts.

Nothing like that is available in the LM rooms. You could probably bring your own coffee pot but I'm not sure they will allow you to have a microwave in the room! They ask that you do no cooking in the room.

I really must just love AOA! I am pretty certain DH and I want to forfeit our FD ressie at Pop and move back to AOA standard. We just can not get AOA off our minds and really at this point we feel like its worth the money since we will just be wanting to be over there rather than at Pop..... I just feel like I can only talk up the little mermaid rooms to my two boys for so long because I know how much they love all the AOA stuff and we just feel like its home! Am I the only crazy one considering staying in LM rooms with no discount at all....

Nothing like that is available in the LM rooms. You could probably bring your own coffee pot but I'm not sure they will allow you to have a microwave in the room! They ask that you do no cooking in the room.

Grumble! Ah well, I'll survive. It is a shame, though, we'd use a microwave if they had one to save on $$$ by not dining in the park as much. And there are no communal grills or outdoor cooking areas either, correct? Just the fridge in the room and that'll be the kit-n'-kaboodle.

Grumble! Ah well, I'll survive. It is a shame, though, we'd use a microwave if they had one to save on $$$ by not dining in the park as much. And there are no communal grills or outdoor cooking areas either, correct? Just the fridge in the room and that'll be the kit-n'-kaboodle.

Correct, no outdoor cooking grills or facilities.

I really must just love AOA! I am pretty certain DH and I want to forfeit our FD ressie at Pop and move back to AOA standard. We just can not get AOA off our minds and really at this point we feel like its worth the money since we will just be wanting to be over there rather than at Pop..... I just feel like I can only talk up the little mermaid rooms to my two boys for so long because I know how much they love all the AOA stuff and we just feel like its home! Am I the only crazy one considering staying in LM rooms with no discount at all....

No - you have crazy company:lmao:. Don't know your dates, but we booked our LM room through Travelocity that enabled us to get a 15% discount. That promotion has expired, but Orbitz is currently offering something similar. This works if you are not planning to have the DDP, since the discount is on a room only package. We decided not to do the DDP since last trip we did the Deluxe DDP and literally ate too much. This trip we are gonna tone it down, skip desserts, and try to make healthy choices as well as eat at more of the food courts. My main worry is how far back the LM buildings are from the bus drop off point, but we may wind up with a car. I hope you have a great trip wherever you decide to stay.

just booked AoA std LM room for the 2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend! I had to book rack rate at this time, but will keep an eye out for discounts. I got a quote from a TA that can get me discounted rooms at POFQ and Pop, but I really wanted AoA!

Question...when discounts are released (Disney VISA, AAA etc, looking for room only, not free dining discount) is AoA typicaly included in these type promotions? I know it's new and thought maybe it might be excluded. I hate to pay rack rate for a room :sad2:

Well, it is a value resort, with the usual lack of amenities that value resorts have. Most of the resorts at WDW have no microwave in them. Coffee pots? Yes, but no microwaves. Those will be found in DVC villas and in various suites.
No grills that I saw. Have to move up in resort level to get those things. Sorry.

cepmom said:
just booked AoA std LM room for the 2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend! I had to book rack rate at this time, but will keep an eye out for discounts. I got a quote from a TA that can get me discounted rooms at POFQ and Pop, but I really wanted AoA!

Question...when discounts are released (Disney VISA, AAA etc, looking for room only, not free dining discount) is AoA typicaly included in these type promotions? I know it's new and thought maybe it might be excluded. I hate to pay rack rate for a room :sad2:

Typically no discounts for LM rooms at all. In the future it will likely change as the newness wears off and it's not always sold out.

We are staying in the family suites for our upcoming trip, but if we return, will need two rooms at LM due to growing family size. However, I keep hearing about the "long" walk from the LM section. For those that have stayed at other values (especially Pop), how does the LM walk compare to the standard rooms at other values. I've only ever stayed at Pop (Lady and Tramp buildings) before.

You are totally not the only crazy one!!!! When we were at Pop in November of 2012, we were walking around the grounds of Pop and when we got to the bridge my DH looked at AOA and then looked at me and said "Why in the hell aren't we staying over there?!" Pop was our first experience at a value and he was so disappointed. He felt that Pop was in desperate need of an upgrade. So we are going to give value another try in 2014 and stay at AOA!!! We even have a flyer on our fridge of AOA to remind ourselves daily what we are saving for. I have 2 boys as well and I've really been talking up the LM rooms. At first I got several eye rolls but I seriously don't think they will care once we are there. Would LOVE to spring for them a Cars suite but still undecided about that.

Oh man...tell me about it. I paid $90 (average) a night to stay at ASMusic...Tuesday thru Sat. I moved to AoA-LM on Sat...paid $173 for Sat night, and $146 for Sunday night!!
I hated spending that much money, but dd really wanted to stay there just one time. Never again..unless I just need a one night stay before checking into my regular resort!!!

We are staying in the family suites for our upcoming trip, but if we return, will need two rooms at LM due to growing family size. However, I keep hearing about the "long" walk from the LM section. For those that have stayed at other values (especially Pop), how does the LM walk compare to the standard rooms at other values. I've only ever stayed at Pop (Lady and Tramp buildings) before.

The walk will be longer than the 50's section at Pop. It's about .24 of a mile and will take about 8 minutes or so to walk to Animation Hall.

jcarwash said:
The walk will be longer than the 50's section at Pop. It's about .24 of a mile and will take about 8 minutes or so to walk to Animation Hall.

0.24 miles should take less than 5 minutes at the (average adult person walking) speed of 19 minutes /mile. Obviously if walking with a 3 year old, that can triple. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!