Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the photos MeMom! =)

We use Skype to call home to Canada. Not always the clearest but it's free!

We'll probably do this if the WiFi is good enough haha. We also have facetime on our apple devices. But we have a few relatives we'll probably call over the fortnight who aren't tech savvy haha. ;)

I just changed our two room reservation at All Star Movies to a family suite at AOA!!! I am so excited. I have been wanting to stay at AOA since Disney announced the construction, but after hearing the price, didn't think I could do it. Well, the other day I received a pin code for FD, and decided to just go for it. This is the last year that my family will fit in the family suites...the 2 year old will no longer be considered an "infant" come December. I also upgraded our dining from QS. Previous trips we stayed at POP with connecting rooms.

Here's my question... Only Cars rooms were available. However, she put us down for a general family suite, but put a request for Finding Nemo. She said to call back, that rooms open up often. Has anyone done this? Since this is our one shot staying here, I was really hoping to stay at Nemo.

Here's my question... Only Cars rooms were available. However, she put us down for a general family suite, but put a request for Finding Nemo. She said to call back, that rooms open up often. Has anyone done this? Since this is our one shot staying here, I was really hoping to stay at Nemo.

I'd like to know this as well. I'm booked as a "Themed Family Suite" and want to know if it's even worth it to request Nemo or not.

Another poster asked earlier about the drawing lessons held at AoA. Specifically days/times & location. I was interested in this also but never saw a reply (sorry if I missed it!) Hoping to check this out with DD during our July trip.

Can you get hot tea in your refillable resort mug? I've only seen ice tea on the pics I've seen. We are English and big tea-drinkers, yes we're a total cliche. :p

We'll probably bring a travel kettle and some tea-bags for the room anyway. Can you buy pints of milk at the food court?

Rowanonfire said:
Can you get hot tea in your refillable resort mug? I've only seen ice tea on the pics I've seen. We are English and big tea-drinkers, yes we're a total cliche. :p

We'll probably bring a travel kettle and some tea-bags for the room anyway. Can you buy pints of milk at the food court?

Do you have a suite or a LM room? The suites have those one cup coffee makers that do hot water (just don't put a coffee pod in). LM rooms don't have them.

This thread is great! I came to find out about mini-fridges in the LM rooms and I'm assuming from what I've read there is one?

Also I'll say hello as I'm staying at AoA in a LM room in March and OH MY I CAN'T WAIT! It's been my dream to go to WDW for so long and I wasn't sure it would ever happen, and if it did I was sure it would be offsite. And now not only am I going but I'm staying onsite at the most "Disney-fied" themed resort of them all. We just booked today and it hasn't quite sunk in yet!!

Awww! Congratulations! I know the feeling! I hope you have a wonderful trip! :yay:

Do you have a suite or a LM room? The suites have those one cup coffee makers that do hot water (just don't put a coffee pod in). LM rooms don't have them.

We're in a LM room. We'll bring the travel kettle haha, we're used to doing it for most trips away!

Thank you so much for this thread. We're staying in the LM room in August and this thread has answered so many questions.

One question though, we have an ADR at Akershus for breakfast at 8:20 a.m. What time would you recommend getting to the buses to make that, or would driving to Epcot be better that day?

Thanks!

HI! I ran into the same thing with early reservations. I asked a few cm's and I looked online, the buses do not start running until an hour before the park opens. So if the park opens at 8 that day you should be good to leave at 7 or 7:20. However if the park doesn't open until 9 then I would drive. I think it would be pushing it trying to leave at 8! Good luck! :goodvibes

Can you get hot tea in your refillable resort mug? I've only seen ice tea on the pics I've seen. We are English and big tea-drinkers, yes we're a total cliche.

Yes, there are tea bags in the AoA food court that you can use with the hot water dispenser on the coffee machines.

I'm an American, but I have to have my hot tea as well. I am bringing an electric kettle, a favorite mug, and my PG Tips and Twinings Earl Grey. I intend to buy some milk in the food court and have it on hand.

I was at POP in 2011 and do not recall any hot tea being available. And the iced tea tasted artificial and nasty to me.

I'm an American, but I have to have my hot tea as well. I am bringing an electric kettle, a favorite mug, and my PG Tips and Twinings Earl Grey. I intend to buy some milk in the food court and have it on hand.

I was at POP in 2011 and do not recall any hot tea being available. And the iced tea tasted artificial and nasty to me.

They have a kurig type device that brews tea and coffee in the room. They also have an assortment of teas as well as coffee.

HI! I ran into the same thing with early reservations. I asked a few cm's and I looked online, the buses do not start running until an hour before the park opens. So if the park opens at 8 that day you should be good to leave at 7 or 7:20. However if the park doesn't open until 9 then I would drive. I think it would be pushing it trying to leave at 8! Good luck! :goodvibes
Actually? The buses start running by 6:30 every morning!! Not sure why there is other info out there. But, the buses were up and running that early last week...and have been for years now.

We were just at AoA-LM over the weekend!! It was a wonderful stay...bldg 7, Ursula, ground floor, looking out at the pool!! Very nice. The food court is okay. Buses were okay but not as good as in the past. But that could be due to it just being more crowded everywhere last week!!!

We had a 815 am at BBB. We were told to be at bus stop at 645.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter