Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

liznboys - I'm surprised you were able to get a discount on a Nemo room! Good for you! Can I ask when you are going - which summer discount were you able to use (summer or late summer)? We're staying during both promotions and have had no luck getting a Nemo room guaranteed with a discount - only a family suite with a Nemo request.

We are going 8/31-9/7 and have a Nemo FS. We got a FD pin so we are not using a room discount. But we were originally boomed in the Nemo FS with the 15% discount. I thought the only room not offered on the room discount was the LM rooms??

Hi- Can anyone who is there now, recently, or will be there soon verify if they still do the drawing classes? I read its only offered Thur - Sunday, but that was an old post.
Thanks.

mmtwinmama said:
Hi- Can anyone who is there now, recently, or will be there soon verify if they still do the drawing classes? I read its only offered Thur - Sunday, but that was an old post.
Thanks.

I'm interested in this, too. Hoping to walk over from POP one day with DD & do this. Also wondering what the difference is between this & the one at HS in the Animation Academy. Should we plan to do both?

I'm interested in this, too. Hoping to walk over from POP one day with DD & do this. Also wondering what the difference is between this & the one at HS in the Animation Academy. Should we plan to do both?

I think if you are at DHS and can fit it in, definitely do it. My kids LOVE it. We stayed at BC in August and had hoppers so there were many days we just popped in to DHS to do it.

Im hoping AoA is similar and offered often. We did not get hoppers this time and only plan on 1 DHS day so Im really hoping its good.

We leave in three weeks for a 6 day stay. We are staying in a LK family suite. I have four kids ages 6, 7, 11 and 14. My kids are already fighting over who gets what bed. LOL...

I cannot wait! This is my kids's first trip to Disney!
A first trip is so exciting!! :jumping1: I'm excited for you. :goodvibes

Thanks.
I'm curious about this too.

As for air mattresses, if you have Kohls and a Kohls card, you can regularly find their aero beds at a great price idyl get a 30% coupon! And you can do it online and check capon sites for the 30 code. My mom got a great deal on a double high one, so far it works well! They are not made as well as the standard aero beds but much better than the cheaper ones

Taking my first trip to AOA in TLM rooms from 8/8-8/18 and I cannot wait! It's just a mother daughter trip, and Ariel is my favorite princess so I'm really excited to explore the resort :hippie:

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't figure out the search terms for it.

Are you allowed to visit AA to walk around if you aren't staying there? I'm taking a day off from the parks one day to visit DD, Boardwalk, and hopefully other resort grounds. Is this possible?

Thanks!!!

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't figure out the search terms for it.

Are you allowed to visit AA to walk around if you aren't staying there? I'm taking a day off from the parks one day to visit DD, Boardwalk, and hopefully other resort grounds. Is this possible?

Thanks!!!

I would say yes at aoa don't know about others. But you can go there and have a quick service lunch and walk around and see different themes. I actually suggest doing so. It's pretty cool

Yes it has been excluded in most situations. I think there was a very brief time that it was included and it may have been for Disney visa holders.

As for air mattresses, if you have Kohls and a Kohls card, you can regularly find their aero beds at a great price idyl get a 30% coupon! And you can do it online and check capon sites for the 30 code. My mom got a great deal on a double high one, so far it works well! They are not made as well as the standard aero beds but much better than the cheaper ones

Thanks for the info! :)

Thanks!!!

We did just that last summer. We drove ourselves and at the gate just told them we were there to visit and eat. We had such fun seeing the resort and had a great meal at the food court! :) We go to other resorts a lot on our WDW trips. :)

I'm so excited to be joining in this thread! :yay:

Today I booked an 8 night trip for my family of 6 in a Nemo suite for this summer (used the summer room only deal), actually less than 6 weeks from now. We can't wait! :)

My family is myself, dh and our 4 boys ages 13, 11, 9 & 7. I am trying to decide where everyone sleeps... I'm wondering if I should buy a twin size air mattress and put my 13 yr old on it. (We drive so it wouldn't be a problem to bring.) Then two of the others would be on the pull out and one on the fold down. Hmmm.

We're heading to AoA in a few weeks and 4 of our 5 kids will be in the suite with us (#5 booked a LM room with his girlfriend). 24yo DS won't sleep with any of his siblings, 14 yo DS isn't thrilled with sharing a bed but will chose that option over sleeping on an <horrors> air mattress. 13yo & 8yo DD's don't care -- they'll share a bed with someone or sleep on an air mattress. I already laid down the law and said that whoever is willing to share a bed gets the sofa bed so they can see the TV from their bed. The person who doesn't want to share gets the table bed. And we'll try to position the air mattress so that the person sleeping on that can see the TV as well. My plan is to bring 2 air mattresses and hopefully only use one of them. I've heard from 2 different groups who have stayed in an AoA suite in the last year that they were able to use 2 air mattresses in the room with no problems. We have a collection of various sized air mattresses that we use when visiting relatives so I'm packing 2 twin-sized mattresses and hoping for the best. :-)

We're heading to AoA in a few weeks and 4 of our 5 kids will be in the suite with us (#5 booked a LM room with his girlfriend). 24yo DS won't sleep with any of his siblings, 14 yo DS isn't thrilled with sharing a bed but will chose that option over sleeping on an <horrors> air mattress. 13yo & 8yo DD's don't care -- they'll share a bed with someone or sleep on an air mattress. I already laid down the law and said that whoever is willing to share a bed gets the sofa bed so they can see the TV from their bed. The person who doesn't want to share gets the table bed. And we'll try to position the air mattress so that the person sleeping on that can see the TV as well. My plan is to bring 2 air mattresses and hopefully only use one of them. I've heard from 2 different groups who have stayed in an AoA suite in the last year that they were able to use 2 air mattresses in the room with no problems. We have a collection of various sized air mattresses that we use when visiting relatives so I'm packing 2 twin-sized mattresses and hoping for the best. :-)

The only place IMO for air mattresses would be beside the couch bed (in front of the mini kitchen area) and in front of the fold down table/bed (this would place it directly in front of the door and b/w the table bed and bathroom) I don't know if there are different configurations of suites? we stayed in a cars suite 2nd floor.

I would say a twin would be the best fit for those two spaces, although you may could squeeze a double in front of the kitchen area...

Hey everyone!

I'm currently looking to book a LM room for a week in early January. It'll be a solo trip so there's obviously no need to get a suite. With that said, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on which building to ask for in the LM section? I was thinking building #7 since it's near the lake (is a lake view possible?) and it's closer to Animation Hall than #8 appears to be. I was toying with the idea of getting a preferred room at ASMo since I would like to be close to the food court and bus stop but I think the theming of AoA is winning me over even if I can't be right next to Animation Hall. Also, how accommodating is AoA typically with regard to building and floor requests?

One more! This could probably be answered if I need a little more research myself, but what are the hours for the food court and shop in Animation Hall during January?

Thanks! :goodvibes

we stayed in a CARS suite, so I can't help much on the LM rooms, I would think the lake views would be pretty and you could probably see some fireworks from there too as we could see a little from our suite and we were not on the lake.

They accommodated our room request, couldn't get the floor but did get the building I wanted closest to the food court etc.

Landscapes of Flavor opens at 6am I believe but hot breakfasts aren't served until 7am, closes at midnight. Think the shop was the same, I do know it was open at 6am one morning:)

ok I'm trying to upload from Snapfish, however neither the url nor the img seem to be working, what am I doing wrong? ugh...

I don't normally use snapfish, I like photobucket. I just did a test and was able to post a link to a photo I just uploaded to snapfish. But there's no option to link the img from snapfish like you can from photobucket. So I guess you can paste the link from snapfish here and people should be able to click on it to see your album.

The only place IMO for air mattresses would be beside the couch bed (in front of the mini kitchen area) and in front of the fold down table/bed (this would place it directly in front of the door and b/w the table bed and bathroom) I don't know if there are different configurations of suites? we stayed in a cars suite 2nd floor.

I would say a twin would be the best fit for those two spaces, although you may could squeeze a double in front of the kitchen area...

That was my plan -- take 2 twin mattresses (only using one, hopefully) and put it in front of the kitchen area. If we end up having to use the second one it will probably end up in front of the door or in the master bedroom. I know it's going to feel crowded (to me) but I'll just remember the pictures of my sister's room at POR a few years ago where they had 6 people in one room (one was under 3 years old so it was legal :) ) with one bathroom and they had a pack 'n play, a double jogging stroller, the old pull-out trundle bed, *and* a twin-sized air mattress in the room...and she insisted it wasn't crowded (yet they ended their trip a day early because they were all fighting with each other).

22 more sleeps!!! :cool1:

This thread is great! I came to find out about mini-fridges in the LM rooms and I'm assuming from what I've read there is one?

Also I'll say hello as I'm staying at AoA in a LM room in March and OH MY I CAN'T WAIT! It's been my dream to go to WDW for so long and I wasn't sure it would ever happen, and if it did I was sure it would be offsite. And now not only am I going but I'm staying onsite at the most "Disney-fied" themed resort of them all. We just booked today and it hasn't quite sunk in yet!!

Hey everyone!

I'm currently looking to book a LM room for a week in early January. It'll be a solo trip so there's obviously no need to get a suite. With that said, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on which building to ask for in the LM section? I was thinking building #7 since it's near the lake (is a lake view possible?) and it's closer to Animation Hall than #8 appears to be. I was toying with the idea of getting a preferred room at ASMo since I would like to be close to the food court and bus stop but I think the theming of AoA is winning me over even if I can't be right next to Animation Hall. Also, how accommodating is AoA typically with regard to building and floor requests?

One more! This could probably be answered if I need a little more research myself, but what are the hours for the food court and shop in Animation Hall during January?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Our LM room was in the Ursula building, I think that's building 8. Anyway we had a top floor, corner room. Our view was of the pool and in the distance the parking. It was a great room. To our surprise we could watch the fireworks perfectly from the room! It wasn't that far of a walk to the food court either.

This thread is great! I came to find out about mini-fridges in the LM rooms and I'm assuming from what I've read there is one?

Yes there is a mini fridge in the room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter