Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

rymahoney said:
We stayed in LM rooms last year regrettably we did not look at the suites while we were there. My question is with my myself two daughters one being an infant and my mother in law do u think we will have enough room? Trying to decide between two standard rooms there or at a moderate or renting points at dvc and get a 1 bedroom with two baths. Thanks

Just 2 adults and 2 children? Should be enough room.

Yes a AOA suite would be plenty of room. One adult on main bed and one on couch bed, the baby with one of the adults, two girls on the Murphy pull down bed. My two boys 8&6 are sleeping on it together since we've been here

We've eaten at Landscapes a few times now, pizza is pretty good ( only did kid size), the burger your way was good, husband didnt care much for the steak dish.

The refillable mug was worth it, didnt do it for the kids though as they are mostly milk drinkers.

I did not realize the value resorts had spending limits of $500 that could be charged to the room... Until I attempted to buy some food only to have it declined. Luckily they can call the front desk to approve it and I went this morning to pay on our bill. If I had known this I would have brought more cash... We are not on the DP

Folks here have been really helpful, I would love to stay here again....

I'm sure this will sound incredibly lame, but if anyone is going to know things about Disney and AoA LM room, this board will.

I keep getting emails for codes to discount the family suites like LK and Cars. Has anyone ever gotten/read/seen a discount on the LM room, even if only 10%? Or is this one of those wild dreams that will never come true?

I'm sure this will sound incredibly lame, but if anyone is going to know things about Disney and AoA LM room, this board will.

I keep getting emails for codes to discount the family suites like LK and Cars. Has anyone ever gotten/read/seen a discount on the LM room, even if only 10%? Or is this one of those wild dreams that will never come true?

There is a 15% room only discount available for Aug-Sept for the family suites. But it can't be combined with other offers like FD.

Hi - we are staying 4 nights in a LM room and then 2 in a suite. I did on line check in for the LM room, but did not for the suite.

My question is, will they let us stay in the LM room until we can actually get into the suite? We plan on staying at the resort the day of the switch with going to MK later in the day. Thinking maybe I can go check us into the suite early (is it 6am when I can do this?)... Then hoping they can text when the room is ready? I'm really not sure how it's going to work.

Discounts, of any type, are few and far between for a LM room. Disney doesn't need to offer discounts there because so many people want to stay there. Discounts are offered in order to fill empty rooms.
Hi - we are staying 4 nights in a LM room and then 2 in a suite. I did on line check in for the LM room, but did not for the suite.

My question is, will they let us stay in the LM room until we can actually get into the suite? We plan on staying at the resort the day of the switch with going to MK later in the day. Thinking maybe I can go check us into the suite early (is it 6am when I can do this?)... Then hoping they can text when the room is ready? I'm really not sure how it's going to work.
Maybe. Yes, to early and get checked in for the family suite. It may actually be ready then. You could ask for a late checkout of the LM room, but it might cost you a bit extra depending on how long you are there.

Maybe. Yes, to early and get checked in for the family suite. It may actually be ready then. You could ask for a late checkout of the LM room, but it might cost you a bit extra depending on how long you are there.

Thanks! So... Can we technically have both rooms at the same time? It would be great if I could get the suite key and still have the LM room to make the switch simple. I also was thinking the suite will probably be ready whenever I check in.

Staples order? I read in an earlier post someone had a Staples order waiting for them.. I assume this was with drinks and snacks? Are they less expensive than Garden Grocers?

Moved from Movies to LM at Art of Animation. We did get a discount with the AAA discount. It was $40.00 more to stay at Art of Animation than Movies. We are thinking that since we are only staying 3 nights we will be able to decide if we like this resort and the walks to the food court, main pool, and gift shop. We usually get preferred rooms at all other values we stay at, we like to eat at the food court and seem to use our mugs more with a shorter walk to/from our room. I am excited to try this resort though. We toured it last September when we visited Pop and loved the layout, pool, and food court (we ate breakfast and dinner there). Does anyone know about mugs? Have they changed. We have three sets of the disign with characters at the pool. Love this design but would like something different to add to our collection.

We've eaten at Landscapes a few times now, pizza is pretty good ( only did kid size), the burger your way was good, husband didnt care much for the steak dish.

The refillable mug was worth it, didnt do it for the kids though as they are mostly milk drinkers.

I did not realize the value resorts had spending limits of $500 that could be charged to the room... Until I attempted to buy some food only to have it declined. Luckily they can call the front desk to approve it and I went this morning to pay on our bill. If I had known this I would have brought more cash... We are not on the DP

Folks here have been really helpful, I would love to stay here again....

Just stop at the front desk every few days to have them put through all of the current charges to your credit card, then you'll have a new $500 limit. I wish it was a higher limit, too. We have the same issue when we stay at a Value. We rarely do the dining plan and with a family of 7, the charges to our KTTW card add up quickly. I just try to keep a running tab in my head (not to the penny, just a general amount) and stop at the front desk every few days to authorize a charge to the credit card. I usually keep a credit card with me at all times anyway but prefer to charge everything to the room while we're there so we can get a detailed printout of all of our charges while we're still on property so that if there's a discrepancy we can address it before we leave.

Does anyone know about mugs? Have they changed. We have three sets of the disign with characters at the pool. Love this design but would like something different to add to our collection.

The pool scene mugs are still being sold/used currently.

We leave in three weeks for a 6 day stay. We are staying in a LK family suite. I have four kids ages 6, 7, 11 and 14. My kids are already fighting over who gets what bed. LOL...

I cannot wait! This is my kids's first trip to Disney!

albrst said:
We leave in three weeks for a 6 day stay. We are staying in a LK family suite. I have four kids ages 6, 7, 11 and 14. My kids are already fighting over who gets what bed. LOL...

I cannot wait! This is my kids's first trip to Disney!

Lol,my boys did that too over the table bed. They ended up alternating though. Have fun!

It's 3 adults 1 child 1 infant

Oh. Must have missed one adult there. You would be (IMO) too tight in a LM room with the baby crib. A suite would be perfect though, but much more $$$. 2 connecting rooms would be cheaper.

Hey everyone!

I'm currently looking to book a LM room for a week in early January. It'll be a solo trip so there's obviously no need to get a suite. With that said, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on which building to ask for in the LM section? I was thinking building #7 since it's near the lake (is a lake view possible?) and it's closer to Animation Hall than #8 appears to be. I was toying with the idea of getting a preferred room at ASMo since I would like to be close to the food court and bus stop but I think the theming of AoA is winning me over even if I can't be right next to Animation Hall. Also, how accommodating is AoA typically with regard to building and floor requests?

One more! This could probably be answered if I need a little more research myself, but what are the hours for the food court and shop in Animation Hall during January?

Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm so excited to be joining in this thread! :yay:

Today I booked an 8 night trip for my family of 6 in a Nemo suite for this summer (used the summer room only deal), actually less than 6 weeks from now. We can't wait! :)

We visited AoA last year while staying at another Disney resort and loved it. We toured the grounds (I think only the Cars and Nemo areas were open at that point) and enjoyed a meal at the food court. We were truly WOWED by the resort, it is impressive!

Thank you yellowfish78 for this thread, and to everyone for sharing info, tips and reports, keep them coming!!! :)

My family is myself, dh and our 4 boys ages 13, 11, 9 & 7. I am trying to decide where everyone sleeps... I'm wondering if I should buy a twin size air mattress and put my 13 yr old on it. (We drive so it wouldn't be a problem to bring.) Then two of the others would be on the pull out and one on the fold down. Hmmm.

liznboys - I'm surprised you were able to get a discount on a Nemo room! Good for you! Can I ask when you are going - which summer discount were you able to use (summer or late summer)? We're staying during both promotions and have had no luck getting a Nemo room guaranteed with a discount - only a family suite with a Nemo request.

grkmbee-We are going 4th of July week. I booked it right on the WDW website. It gave me the choice of all three suites for the summer deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter