Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

How much closet and drawer space is in the Cars suites? We have 3 adults and two children and would like to unpack all of our suitcases. HATE living out of a suitcase for a week plus I like to put the dirty clothes back into the suitcases once they are worn.

Just wondering if this is going to be possible or if I need to plan on something else. We are flying so I can't carry extra suitcases.

In a cars suite there is a stand alone wardrobe that is open with a bar across and a drawer on the bottom for hanging stuff and a I think a 3 drawer dresser in the main living area. In the master there is a bar for hanging and a 3 drawer dresser. There is ample counter space in the master bathroom for toiletries and a few shelves in the kitchenette for food. I thought there was more than enough room for all of our stuff for 4 adults and 2 kids!!!

Vey excited about our AOA stay in November. My family thinks we are staying in a LM room but I upgraded us to the Nemo suite! I am not going to tell them until we get there! My kids love arcades and we usually dont let them blow alot of money in them, but when they saw the pictures of the arcade at AOA they asked if they could go and we said yes of course! Does anyone know if the games take tokens or can you swipe your Key to the World and it is charged to your room?

Our fam of 4 (DH, DS 9, DD 11 + myself) are currently booked for a Nemo suite, 9 nights, early August, 1st trip ever. With that many nights, we are strongly considering a split stay w/ Poly. Original plan was to do Poly 1st, then move to AoA. Everyone has advised me to switch & do our Nemo suite 1st, then on to Poly, so now I'm thinking that if we go for the split we'll do it that way, but, now I'm wondering if we should just stay put with our suite and enjoy it for what it is (as we currently have no basis for comparison, so won't miss the amenities at Poly since we've never experienced them). The only thing is that we would actually save a few hundred dollars by splitting with the Poly! So, my questions now are:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation?
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly?

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive about anything in my life!

Hi! I originally considered doing a split too. I think I would probably go from AOA to Poly because going from value to deluxe, and because of the convenience of hopping on the monorail. In the beginning you won't know the convenience, but once you have it I think it would be difficult to not have it. However, if you chose to only do one this time I would do AOA because of the ages of your kids. I'm sure they will love AOA, but next time you come back they will obviously be older and it may not be as exciting for them. Although I am 27 and can't wait! :rotfl2:

If you don't mind me asking you, how is it cheaper for you to split your trip at the Poly? We have never stayed there and would definitely be interested! :goodvibes

Hi! I originally considered doing a split too. I think I would probably go from AOA to Poly because going from value to deluxe, and because of the convenience of hopping on the monorail. In the beginning you won't know the convenience, but once you have it I think it would be difficult to not have it. However, if you chose to only do one this time I would do AOA because of the ages of your kids. I'm sure they will love AOA, but next time you come back they will obviously be older and it may not be as exciting for them. Although I am 27 and can't wait! :rotfl2:

If you don't mind me asking you, how is it cheaper for you to split your trip at the Poly? We have never stayed there and would definitely be interested! :goodvibes

Thanks for chiming in on my decision. Definitely helps me to hear thoughts from others:).

Poly is actually cheaper during our dates because of the summer discount (30%) vs NO discount on the Nemo family suite at that time. Also, it has to do with the way the pricing season works at the values compared to the deluxes. That's the other reason I was thinking of doing AoA after Poly-we would be taking advantage of a cheaper season @ AoA if we wait until August 4th to go there. Over the weekend we'll be at WDW, it would cost us $400/night to stay in the suite while it would cost about $300/night at Poly. While there are just 4 of us, our kids need to sleep in separate beds, and separate spaces altogether if possible which is why the suite really appeals to us. We could get a 15% discount if we switched to a Cars or LK suite, but my kids love Nemo,

Thanks for chiming in on my decision. Definitely helps me to hear thoughts from others:).

Poly is actually cheaper during our dates because of the summer discount (30%) vs NO discount on the Nemo family suite at that time. Also, it has to do with the way the pricing season works at the values compared to the deluxes. That's the other reason I was thinking of doing AoA after Poly-we would be taking advantage of a cheaper season @ AoA if we wait until August 4th to go there. Over the weekend we'll be at WDW, it would cost us $400/night to stay in the suite while it would cost about $300/night at Poly. While there are just 4 of us, our kids need to sleep in separate beds, and separate spaces altogether if possible which is why the suite really appeals to us. We could get a 15% discount if we switched to a Cars or LK suite, but my kids love Nemo,

Another thing to consider is which days will you be visiting MK and Epcot. Poly is much more convenient on days you'll be visiting those parks but AoA is more convenient to AK and HS (Poly shares buses and AoA doesn't).

In September the lady and I will staying at AoA for the first night of our six-night trip (the other 5 are at OKW on points generously donated by my parents).

So, I know we'll only be there for about 24 hours, but I have to ask. What is one thing we absolutely have to know about AoA. It could be a serious strategy thing or just a fun thing, but I'd just love to hear anything anyone has to say about the place. We're pretty excited to give it a try.

Sure no problem! :thumbsup2 thanks for answering my question and sharing your info! Ok yes that makes sense! I guess I was thinking fd not room discount! Going to have to consider that for our next trip! pixiedust:

I was wondering if there is a full size coffee maker in the rooms or is it mini one.
Thanks

I was wondering if there is a full size coffee maker in the rooms or is it mini one.
Thanks

In the suites, it is this type of Cuisinart 1/2 cup pod maker (photo from this Disney Food Blog report).

IMG_6645-001-416x625.jpg

Does anyone know if the Cones at the Cozy Cone pool costs extra to use or is it just first come first serve?

I am so excited for our first stay at AoA, we are going to spend a whole day at the resort just rotating the pools and letting our DS play, I think he will love it!

Checked in today and here are some if my thoughts:
-ME was awesome, I've never stayed onsite before and this just saved us a lot of hassle plus was vet speedy! We left the plane and once checked in with ME walked right on a bus, waited about 15 mins and took maybe 25 mins to AOA. Note AOA was first ME stop, then Pop
- Check in at AOA was fast and painless, we received the Cars building we wanted (1), 2 nd floor right next to stairwell on side closest to the lobby. Outside noise so far us limited to the stairway doors and occasional talking in hallway but to me the noise is minimal, ill update as our stay continues.
-Impressed with the Cars suite, spacious with nice bathrooms and amenities. Has a luggage area in LR and in bedroom with hanging rod above each. One big drawer in LR under luggage shelf. Two long drawers fairly deep and two smaller drawers under LR TV, plus under sink storage and two shelves above wet bar area in LR. Bedroom has a drawer in each nightstand and 4 under TV like LR does. There are also two nightstand drawers by the Murphy bed
- I like the fact that the main bath has a sliding door entrance, then a regular door to the tub/toilet area.
- the Murphy and sofa bed were easy to use, plus we have nice soft (although thin) white blankets. Apparently they got rid of the stiff ones I had read about? There is one yellow stiffer one on the main bed
-AC will not go below 68, I tried lol
- fridge holds a lot: I've got 7 water bottles in freezer, 6 in frig along with 8 cokes and the ice bucket with room to spare
- has plastic silverware, cups, bowls, plates, paper towels,
- we checked in around 6ish, ate at Landscapes and went to Downtown Disney, returned at 9:30 and our checked bags and my shipped box and Staples order were all in our room waiting on us :)

Tomorrow we rock MK, it opens at 6 and we want to try for rope drop and leave after lunch since the 24 hr crowds will be in force by then I imagine

Driving to Orlando now! Has AoA switched to Joffrey's yet? My mom is one of the few who enjoyed NesCafe and literally the first thing we do when we check in is get out mugs and get coffee!

Vey excited about our AOA stay in November. My family thinks we are staying in a LM room but I upgraded us to the Nemo suite! I am not going to tell them until we get there! My kids love arcades and we usually dont let them blow alot of money in them, but when they saw the pictures of the arcade at AOA they asked if they could go and we said yes of course! Does anyone know if the games take tokens or can you swipe your Key to the World and it is charged to your room?

When you go into the arcade, there is a machine you will put $$ bills in. Depending on the amount of $$ to put in you will get a certain amount of credits put on an arcade card (similar to what you would get at a Dave and busters).

Driving to Orlando now! Has AoA switched to Joffrey's yet? My mom is one of the few who enjoyed NesCafe and literally the first thing we do when we check in is get out mugs and get coffee!

AoA switched to Joffrey's the morning we left (this past Monday). We were in fact parked right beside the guys from the company and as we were getting in our van to leave I asked why they couldn't have been there a week earlier. :coffee:

Oh and one other thing we didn't realize (despite the fact that its on the signs), there are laundry facilities in the building next to the Cars pool. We (read: my husband) had already hauled ours to the one at the main pool before we noticed this.

Thank you for the Jofferey's confirmation- it's so much better! I'm here now if anyone needs any pictures or updates!

I was just wondering if anyone has decorated their door in the family suites? This is something we love to do at the values, and I have heard that the doors in the LM section are metal, but I've had some trouble finding out about the family suite doors since they are inside.

Any info would be appreciated!! :)

We were at AoA in April in a Nemo room, and I do remember seeing some rooms with decorations on the outside. I didn't notice how they were attached to the door.

We stayed in LM rooms last year regrettably we did not look at the suites while we were there. My question is with my myself two daughters one being an infant and my mother in law do u think we will have enough room? Trying to decide between two standard rooms there or at a moderate or renting points at dvc and get a 1 bedroom with two baths. Thanks

So excited! I just added 2 nights to our Aug stay! We will be in a LM room again & I can't wait to go back to AoA!! We stayed for 2 nights on our Xmas trip last year (after a week in a 1bedroom at WLV) and we liked the resort so much I was dying to go back! So now we will have 2 nights at AoA just to enjoy the resort before we move over to BLT!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter