Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Comments are in Red!

Hi sounds like you had a good time! We are staying in LK too in Sept! I had a few questions if you dont mind. I wanted to request a building and a floor. What would you suggest? We have 3 little children an 8, 5, & 8 mos old so are concerned about the walk to buses and stuff. Especially at the end of a long day when they are asleep lol! Wasnt sure your opininon on which floor was most convenient and quiet? Both LK buildings would be equally close to the bus stop. I would DEFINITELY request ground floor. In terms of quiet, request facing the lake, which would put you in building 6. I know you said buses were good but I was wondering how long you waited and then how long it took to get to MK? The waits weren't particularly long. If you miss a bus, obviously you may have to wait a bit, but I generally found that a bus would arrive within 5-10 minutes of getting to the bus stop and sometimes it would be there already. Obviously it's possible that you may wait longer due to scheduling issues, it's public transport. But buses are frequent. When leaving the parks, keep in mind that you can also take Pop buses. One day, we were leaving the park mid-day and JUST missed a bus. We saw it pull away. At mid-day buses are less freuqent. 3 minutes later a Pop bus pulled into the next bus stop so we took that one instead. It's an easy walk from Pop to AoA. We were originally planning on staying at the CR so our ADRs were earlier I switched most of them but my DD BBB appt is at 830? Couldnt switch it! Really hoping we can make it! Thanks for all your help! :-) I would find it very tough to get to an 8:30 ADR from any resort. I would suggest being at the bus stop before 8 so that you have a cushion for catching the bus, getting through the turnstiles, and getting to BBB. My suggestion would be for you and your DD to go to the BBB appt and maybe have your DH be responsible for getting the other kids to the park on his own. It just takes me forever to get the kids ready and my kids aren't morning people. On our first MK day, I really tried to make RD and we got to the bus stop at about 8:35 and pulled into MK at around 8:57. We did not quite make RD due to the long lines at bag check and the turnstiles. MK is definitely the longest trip from AoA. I never tried to make RD at any other time because for my family, it's just too stressful to try to get out that early.

Where do the busses drop off at mk and ak? If its a big walk just want to make sure we know for my mom

The buses drop off at random places. The stops for pick up to return to the resort are assigned. The stops tend to be next to the Pop Century bus stops, so they tend to be one of the furthest stops from the entrance. I noticed the walk most at Epcot just because Epcot is SO huge and I tended to be coming from the back of the park to get to the bus stop.

Hey guys, I am actually EXTREMELY "frustrated" at this point, I would use MUCH strong words anywhere else.

I am trying VERY hard to find a FRICKING picture of an AoA Little Mermaid King Bed .... we just want to have some bloody clue what it looks like.

Have googled searched, have searched these forums, nothing comes up ... ready to just strangle someone or something :)

Hahaha, ok, vent done. If anyone here could post a picture of a King room, I would greatly appreciate it. We are at Disney now, checking out tomorrow, and are thinking of booking BB ... or looking into a AoA King next Feb. Really want a picture or two.

Thanks all,

Here ya go!!! Hope this helps.

I can't wait to stay at AoA again this August!! We were lucky enough to stay in a just-opened LK suite and it was heaven. Love everything about the resort, it just screams 'Disney!!'

My only comment would be to suggest a ground floor. Having a stroller and not having to deal with elevators was VERY nice. We actually stayed in Building 10, under the zero. Very easy to walk to the buses in the morning following the parking lot path.

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Comments are in Red!

Thank you sooooooo much! You answered all my questions! :woohoo: I am going to keep trying to move her BBB appt but the CM did tell me they give you 15 min just in case, but that makes me nervous not to be there on time! I was thinking the same thing about my DD and me going and having my DH meet up with us! Thanks again! :goodvibes

In terms of noise we only heard a tiny amount of noise when we were in our master bathroom from other rooms, and then the rooms next to us the only time we heard them really was in the morning or at night when they were going room to room (they had adjoining suites) they would let the door latch keep the doors from closing so they could go from one room to the other without using a key, and they'd let the doors slam so we heard that but other then that we heard nothing from the hallway.

For those in the Little Mermaid there is definitely a breakfast car out there I saw it when taking a tour of the resort and its right by the pool entrance across from Sebastion.

They did have movies by Pride Rock and while I love the theming of the section its so dark that it was hard to navigate the area with the movie going on as the people sit along the path and I just found it awkward to move through the area with the movie showing.

The buses drop off at random places. The stops for pick up to return to the resort are assigned. The stops tend to be next to the Pop Century bus stops, so they tend to be one of the furthest stops from the entrance. I noticed the walk most at Epcot just because Epcot is SO huge and I tended to be coming from the back of the park to get to the bus stop.

I didn't notice this on my last trip. Magic Kingdom and Epcot were separated by one or two other resorts. Animal Kingdom they were on opposite sides.
pokjhgjijkad1.jpg

Has it changed recently?

Just happen to turn on the TV last night to images of AoA!! It was America's Funniest Home Video brocast for WDW. I watched it with the kids later and they got so excited over AoA and NFL!! They have no clue we have a trip planned already. I was dying to tell them but I know I would regret it for the next 5+ months.

I have a few questions, if anyone there has run across the answers.

Can you use the laundry rooms with a credit card?

What is the width of the door from the hallway to the dining area? Wondering if our City Elite double with fit.

I would also like to second the question about noise level in the suites. Wondering if it's worth requesting a top floor room.

Thanks!

Yes you can use your credit card in the laundry room. I had to do that myself last week. We rented a city mini double and it fit everywhere fine. The noise level was fine couldn't really hear much

Our fam of 4 (DH, DS 9, DD 11 + myself) are currently booked for a Nemo suite, 9 nights, early August, 1st trip ever. With that many nights, we are strongly considering a split stay w/ Poly. Original plan was to do Poly 1st, then move to AoA. Everyone has advised me to switch & do our Nemo suite 1st, then on to Poly, so now I'm thinking that if we go for the split we'll do it that way, but, now I'm wondering if we should just stay put with our suite and enjoy it for what it is (as we currently have no basis for comparison, so won't miss the amenities at Poly since we've never experienced them). The only thing is that we would actually save a few hundred dollars by splitting with the Poly! So, my questions now are:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation?
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly?

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive about anything in my life!

I was just wondering if anyone has decorated their door in the family suites? This is something we love to do at the values, and I have heard that the doors in the LM section are metal, but I've had some trouble finding out about the family suite doors since they are inside.

Any info would be appreciated!! :)

Where do the busses drop off at mk and ak? If its a big walk just want to make sure we know for my mom

We just got back and the MK bus stop was the 'next to last' stop. Pop was last/farthest. We didn't go to Ak so not sure about that. Epcot was far too.

I do have to say this about the bus service... One night at MK close there was a HUGE line at the AoA bus stop. All the way thru the queue and then some! Before you knew it 3 buses for AoA pulled up and they got most of the hoarde of people waiting right on and back to the resort.

Our fam of 4 (DH, DS 9, DD 11 + myself) are currently booked for a Nemo suite, 9 nights, early August, 1st trip ever. With that many nights, we are strongly considering a split stay w/ Poly. Original plan was to do Poly 1st, then move to AoA. Everyone has advised me to switch & do our Nemo suite 1st, then on to Poly, so now I'm thinking that if we go for the split we'll do it that way, but, now I'm wondering if we should just stay put with our suite and enjoy it for what it is (as we currently have no basis for comparison, so won't miss the amenities at Poly since we've never experienced them). The only thing is that we would actually save a few hundred dollars by splitting with the Poly! So, my questions now are:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation? We love splits, so sure.
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly? Depends on your reasoning.... Do you want to finish with the most convenient location or the place your kids will like best?

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive about anything in my life!

I'm a big Poly fan. However, I think there is a good chance your kiddos will like AoA better. Poly first w/split would work out great especially if you plan on visiting Magic Kingdom frequently during those first few days. Make sure you request a recently renovated room at Poly.

Edited to answer two questions...

I'm a big Poly fan. However, I think there is a good chance your kiddos will like AoA better. Poly first w/split would work out great especially if you plan on visiting Magic Kingdom frequently during those first few days. Make sure you request a recently renovated room at Poly.

Edited to answer two questions...

That was my original plan for the split, although I've always read to go from value to deluxe and not the other way around. My thinking was that we would do MK & EP 1st from Poly, then once we moved to AoA we would do AK, DH, water parks & maybe Epcot again. My thought was that the kids might like AoA better, and that while we were downgrading our resort, our room might actually feel like an upgrade since we were moving to the suite. I was also thinking that we might find AoA & our park schedule from there somewhat relaxing (ok, that might be a stretch). I guess I just need to decide what will bother us less (downgrade in space/kid themed or downgrade in amenities).

Thanks for posting. Glad to know my original plan wasn't completely crazy.

I was just wondering if anyone has decorated their door in the family suites? This is something we love to do at the values, and I have heard that the doors in the LM section are metal, but I've had some trouble finding out about the family suite doors since they are inside.

Any info would be appreciated!! :)

Anyone?

How much closet and drawer space is in the Cars suites? We have 3 adults and two children and would like to unpack all of our suitcases. HATE living out of a suitcase for a week plus I like to put the dirty clothes back into the suitcases once they are worn.

Just wondering if this is going to be possible or if I need to plan on something else. We are flying so I can't carry extra suitcases.

I know in the standard room there's 3 drawers in the dresser and one standard closet bar

How much closet and drawer space is in the Cars suites? We have 3 adults and two children and would like to unpack all of our suitcases. HATE living out of a suitcase for a week plus I like to put the dirty clothes back into the suitcases once they are worn.

Just wondering if this is going to be possible or if I need to plan on something else. We are flying so I can't carry extra suitcases.

The private bedroom has a roomy closet and there's a hanging bar in the living room, one deep drawer and then three drawers under the TV. Definitely wot be living out of your suitcase. We overpack and had plenty of room, I loved getting settled in.

That was my original plan for the split, although I've always read to go from value to deluxe and not the other way around. My thinking was that we would do MK & EP 1st from Poly, then once we moved to AoA we would do AK, DH, water parks & maybe Epcot again. My thought was that the kids might like AoA better, and that while we were downgrading our resort, our room might actually feel like an upgrade since we were moving to the suite. I was also thinking that we might find AoA & our park schedule from there somewhat relaxing (ok, that might be a stretch). I guess I just need to decide what will bother us less (downgrade in space/kid themed or downgrade in amenities).

Thanks for posting. Glad to know my original plan wasn't completely crazy.

We're doing an AoA/ Poly trip Friday! We love AoA but there's so many more amenities at the deluxe resorts. I would recommend doing AoA first but if your family is looking forward to it and it works with your schedule, do it! We stayed at the Cars suites in September and adored the theming. The poly is by far our favorite (a vacation in itself) but I won't want to rush my trip since we're staying at AoA in the beginning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter