Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks

speaking of food, who is everyone using for delivery these days?
can you still have it left at bell services?

I used Garden Grocer on Sunday 4/18 and bell services properly stored everything and delivered within 20 minutes of my request. AoA bell services charges 6,00 - to deliver if you don't want to pick it up.

edited error

Last edited:
I always use GardenGrocers. They’re reliable, delivery on time and accurate. They’re a bit overpriced but extremely reliable. If your order is above $200 the $14 delivery fee is waived and if you order in advance they have discounts as well (7% off for 30 days etc).

I’ve had issues with bell services at AKL and had to wait over an hour for groceries to be brought up.

My friend arrived late Thursday night. They booked a Little Mermaid room but were upgraded to a Nemo suite. They didn’t ask or anything. It just appeared in their app. Is this common right now?
My party of 4 checked in last Saturday and we were booked in a Little Mermaid room and they upgraded us to a Lion King Suite - we did the online checkin and when we received the notice our room was ready we were pleased to see the upgrade!

Hi everyone, we are going to have an extra day at the resort without park tickets on our arrival day (arriving late morning). I know we'll be excited to check out the resort and swim, etc., but in your opinion is there enough to do to keep a family busy a whole day? We'll be there in the summer and I'm thinking mid-day at the pool will be super hot and we are pretty sunburn-prone so I'm wondering if there is much to do indoors during the hottest part of the day? Even once our room is ready, we aren't nappers or ones to watch movies in the hotel room. I think we'll likely shop in the gift shop and eat at Landscape of Flavors? I'd rather not go to Disney Springs or anything if we don't have to. Is there still an animation lesson near the lobby? Anything else to do? The arcade is still closed, correct?

For one thing, I'd do a skyliner round trip to Studios and back just for the fun of it. We loved it, especially at night, but during a less busy time is also fun and maybe it won't be a problem to wait for one without a wrap if it's not too busy so you can see better.

We are arriving in the afternoon and added an extra day of tickets to go to Epcot for the flower and garden festival.

You could book a dinner at Sanaa and uber/bus over and watch animals while you eat (reservations are hard to come by and you can’t resort hop anymore without reservations). Maybe check out the Boardwalk, although I’m not sure if anything is going on there now (entertainment, Epcot fireworks).

We don't arrive until 5/22. Is there a benefit to checking in online so far in advance? I can't imagine having such good luck as to being upgraded! That must be amazing!

I read a review on TripAdvisor saying that you could order a half gallon of milk at landscape of flavors.

Does anyone know if this is true and if so, how much is it? I ended up cancelling the extra milk I had ordered (GardenGrocers) that wouldn't fit the small fridge and just thought we could get some at Riviera or with the quick service meals.

I read a review on TripAdvisor saying that you could order a half gallon of milk at landscape of flavors.

Does anyone know if this is true and if so, how much is it?

Looks like yes. Half gallons of milk (1% or whole) are listed on Disney's menu and on Touring Plans for $3.69.

Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d.../landscape-of-flavors/menus/lunch-and-dinner/
Touring Plans: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/landscape-of-flavors/menus/grab-and-go-beverages

Hi all. My sister and I are looking at staying at AOA in a suite since our kids are older now and a couple of them are now adults. Can anyone tell me whether the pull out sofa bed is comfortable? We've done the murphy style beds at Pop and found those comfortable, but didn't particularly care for the sofa bed in the BWV studio.

Thanks for the help!

For online check in the only room request is near bus stop--is this normal? Also wondering if there is still the drawing class at the resort? Thank you.

We are booked in the Nemo room and that’s the only option I see as well. I didn’t choose it as it would be further from gondolas.

Hi all. My sister and I are looking at staying at AOA in a suite since our kids are older now and a couple of them are now adults. Can anyone tell me whether the pull out sofa bed is comfortable? We've done the murphy style beds at Pop and found those comfortable, but didn't particularly care for the sofa bed in the BWV studio.

Thanks for the help!

I've only napped on it but it was fine for me. My teen/adult kids have slept on it on 4 different 7-8 night stays. They say it's not as comfortable as a regular bed, but it's by far the best hotel sofa bed they've ever slept on. They always argue about who is going to have to sleep on the sofa bed at other hotels we've stayed at, but they don't fight about the ones at AoA. None of them had trouble sleeping on it and never complained about it. I've read some reviews since the suites were renovated and I've seen people say the new mattresses on the sofa bed are better than the previous ones. We haven't been there since the renovations so I can't compare.

I've had housekeeping put a foam eggcrate style mattress topper on the bed in the master bedroom in the suite because it's way too firm for me and I feel sore and bruised after sleeping on it for one night. So if the sofa bed doesn't feel comfortable enough, just call housekeeping and request a mattress topper. (Full disclosure: I got the mattress toppers pre-Covid so I don't know if they're still offering them. If you're concerned, I'd ship an inexpensive mattress topper from Amazon to the resort so it's there when you arrive.)

How are the busses in the morning at A of A? We‘ve stayed at pop recently and they are great in the morning there! I’m wondering if A of A is the same....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter