Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at Pop in August and the Skyliner to DHS in the morning was nuts! Anyone have any idea how Disney is planning to alleviate the problem once AoA is open and they have TWO resort lines trying to cram on the Skyliner at open? We are staying Thanksgiving and I’m a bit concerned about that. We could Uber but I have never Ubered before and will have one kid in a car seat plus need an XL as we are a party of 5. Suggestions, thoughts. What was people’s experience prior to shutdown?

We stayed at Pop in August and the Skyliner to DHS in the morning was nuts! Anyone have any idea how Disney is planning to alleviate the problem once AoA is open and they have TWO resort lines trying to cram on the Skyliner at open? We are staying Thanksgiving and I’m a bit concerned about that. We could Uber but I have never Ubered before and will have one kid in a car seat plus need an XL as we are a party of 5. Suggestions, thoughts. What was people’s experience prior to shutdown?
Will probably HAVE to have buses at Park Open and Park Close in addition to Skyliner.

(The day we went to DHS they had DHS buses available at CBR Station at Park Open.)

Prior to shutdown there was a line at POP/AoA Station early AM but it moved quickly because Skyliner opened earlier and "spread" the crowd out better.

Is this still happening this fall? There has been nothing on this and the refurb is removed from the Disney website.
I have the same question. I KNOW I saw the message on the disney site post reopening, but now it's gone. Also I did speak with a disney rep over the phone (YES I KNOW IT'S A GRAIN OF SALT KIND OF CONVO) but they did say the AOA resort did not have an refurbs scheduled. He said the Little Mermaid Rooms are finished and did not see any scheduled closing at the resort for pools or rooms, but did say I should check closer to check in date.

I’ve been trying to scroll through the many pages to find this answer but seem to be missing it. Got an offer to change my November All Star stay to an AOA Cars Suite. Are all of the cars suites now refurbished?

Oh man. We are staying at AOA Thanksgiving week as well. We had to reschedule our previous March ASMu reservations twice and this was where they had family suites available. We are excited about the better location and that we have a Skyliner station, but now it sounds like it will be a little chaotic getting to Epcot and DHS in the mornings.

I have the same question. I KNOW I saw the message on the disney site post reopening, but now it's gone. Also I did speak with a disney rep over the phone (YES I KNOW IT'S A GRAIN OF SALT KIND OF CONVO) but they did say the AOA resort did not have an refurbs scheduled. He said the Little Mermaid Rooms are finished and did not see any scheduled closing at the resort for pools or rooms, but did say I should check closer to check in date.
I was just coming over to ask about this too. I thought I had seen the refurb banner on reservations but it’s definitely gone. Saw an article dated early September about a permit being pulled for AOA...wondering if being closed longer is allowing them to complete the work while no one is there.🤞 Was hoping someone had some insider knowledge or heard some rumors!

I was just coming over to ask about this too. I thought I had seen the refurb banner on reservations but it’s definitely gone. Saw an article dated early September about a permit being pulled for AOA...wondering if being closed longer is allowing them to complete the work while no one is there.🤞 Was hoping someone had some insider knowledge or heard some rumors!
Which buildings have been refurbished at this point? Do we know definitively?

what type of coffee makers are in the suites?
do the mini fridge have the small freezer part in the top?

On November 1 I recommend that Guests wanting to be among the first to DHS,start lining up at PopArt Skyliner Station around 4:30 AM!lol :)

Last edited:
Even if you are first at Skyline for Pop/AOA you will have to wait in line again at the transfer station in CBR.
We are booked for mid November and we are considering skipping mornings at HS for this issue, kids are not really interested in Star Wars yet, they are a little young.

Does anyone else think this sounds like buses will be available to ALL parks? Not just skyliner to HS and EP?

It does read that way if you take it literally, although the same identical statement is on the Pop page on Disney’s website (which we know isn’t accurate), so I’m tempted to think/assume (key word) bad website wording in this case. That’s my guess.

It does read that way if you take it literally, although the same identical statement is on the Pop page on Disney’s website (which we know isn’t accurate), so I’m tempted to think/assume (key word) bad website wording in this case. That’s my guess.
Good point! One would hope that 2 values on the skyliner would warrant some more busses though! I did just see the swan & dolphin will no loner use Disney buses but Mears instead, so maybe their freeing up buses for the values? Who knows!

Good point! One would hope that 2 values on the skyliner would warrant some more busses though! I did just see the swan & dolphin will no loner use Disney buses but Mears instead, so maybe their freeing up buses for the values? Who knows!

Yeah, I agree. While the line does move quickly once it opens, the whole AM Skyliner thing seems like an unsustainable situation over the long term that Disney really should address to provide a better guest experience.

We are staying in the Little Mermaid rooms next Oct and can't wait! For those that have been, if I request ( I know not guaranteed) for the building 7 do you think that will shed off a couple minutes or walking to the main pool/dining area? Trying to get as close to Lion king Suites and don't know what to request. Thanks

So...we're about 1 week from AoA's opening! Is there any reason to believe it 'won't' open?? Assuming it does open on time, do you think that the menus for Landscape will be reduced or stay pretty much the same? I'm arriving Nov 12th and trying to plan well. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!