Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

What's the best way to submit a request to have 3 Cars family suites as close together as possible? This would make herding the little kids easier if all 3 families were very near to one another. Thanks.

What's the best way to submit a request to have 3 Cars family suites as close together as possible? This would make herding the little kids easier if all 3 families were very near to one another. Thanks.

Call the Main Reservations line, give the phone CM all 3 reservation numbers, ask the CM to link all 3 reservations as "traveling with" and then make only 1 request on each reservation of "close to reservation #xxxxxx and #xxxxxx".

Call the Main Reservations line, give the phone CM all 3 reservation numbers, ask the CM to link all 3 reservations as "traveling with" and then make only 1 request on each reservation of "close to reservation #xxxxxx and #xxxxxx".
Thank you so much for the quick reply. This will be the first time that I've been "put in charge" of handling such things for 3 families, so your info is exactly what I need.

I'm so excited! This is going to be my first time staying in a Value, and I honestly thought that AoA would be out of my budget... but I'm going to be staying in one of the Little Mermaid rooms! :woohoo: I know it's a long walk to the 'main building' but I'm so psyched I don't even care. I LOVE the theming and especially the shower that looks like you're in Ariel's grotto.

I'm going with one of my friends that I went to college with (she's leaving most of the planning to me because I LOVE IT) and she messaged me one day just like "OH MY GOD. We have to visit THE ELEPHANT GRAVEYARD!!" so I know we're both going to have a blast.:rotfl2:

I'm so excited! This is going to be my first time staying in a Value, and I honestly thought that AoA would be out of my budget... but I'm going to be staying in one of the Little Mermaid rooms! :woohoo: I know it's a long walk to the 'main building' but I'm so psyched I don't even care. I LOVE the theming and especially the shower that looks like you're in Ariel's grotto.

I'm going with one of my friends that I went to college with (she's leaving most of the planning to me because I LOVE IT) and she messaged me one day just like "OH MY GOD. We have to visit THE ELEPHANT GRAVEYARD!!" so I know we're both going to have a blast.:rotfl2:
Be sure to tour Cars at NIGHT!!!!:)

Is there a thread here that provides Cars room views of the outside (courtyard, lake, etc.) which might aid in location request? Touringplans.com is worthless for this information.

Is there a thread here that provides Cars room views of the outside (courtyard, lake, etc.) which might aid in location request? Touringplans.com is worthless for this information.

Did you use the Touringplans Room Finder or just go to their website and generally look around? The room finder has views from every side of each of the buildings. Just click on this link. Then click on the building and then the room that you want to see the view from.

Did you use the Touringplans Room Finder or just go to their website and generally look around? The room finder has views from every side of each of the buildings. Just click on this link. Then click on the building and then the room that you want to see the view from.
The "room finder" doesn't find specific rooms at all. For example, the picture for room 2802 is described as an approximate view from a nearby room 2540. It's the same photo and these 2 rooms can't possibly have the same view.

The "room finder" doesn't find specific rooms at all. For example, the picture for room 2802 is described as an approximate view from a nearby room 2540. It's the same photo and these 2 rooms can't possibly have the same view.

Did you try going up or down a floor? The view for room 2502 is there and is going to be basically the same for 2802. I have no idea why they substituted room 2540 for 2802 as they're not on the same side of the building. I think that must be a mistake. I know there have been times that I haven't been able to find the exact room, but I've always found something either on the same floor but down the hall a little bit or same room location but different floor. Is there something specific that you do or don't want to see out of your window?

I've never come across anything with better room view pictures for a large number of rooms. They might not have every room, but they have more than anywhere else I've seen. Good luck with your search to find better pictures and be sure to post back here if you do find something.

Did you try going up or down a floor? The view for room 2502 is there and is going to be basically the same for 2802. I have no idea why they substituted room 2540 for 2802 as they're not on the same side of the building. I think that must be a mistake. I know there have been times that I haven't been able to find the exact room, but I've always found something either on the same floor but down the hall a little bit or same room location but different floor. Is there something specific that you do or don't want to see out of your window?

I've never come across anything with better room view pictures for a large number of rooms. They might not have every room, but they have more than anywhere else I've seen. Good luck with your search to find better pictures and be sure to post back here if you do find something.
Just generically looking at views from all 3 buildings, and yes, I've toggled up and down floor levels, and gone in each direction L & R. For the number of rooms that have virtually no adequate photo, this particular function for Cars buildings is useless. I had much, much better luck 3 years ago when researching POR and the info gained there was fantastic.

Just generically looking at views from all 3 buildings, and yes, I've toggled up and down floor levels, and gone in each direction L & R. For the number of rooms that have virtually no adequate photo, this particular function for Cars buildings is useless. I had much, much better luck 3 years ago when researching POR and the info gained there was fantastic.

I think the difference might be that the POR rooms all have exterior doors so someone could theoretically stand outside each room and take a picture to show the view without having to actually reserve that particular room. But the suites at AoA are all interior hallways/doors so in order to get a picture of a view, someone would have to get in each room to take a picture which would be much more difficult to do. It does look like the middle room on each side of the hallway of each wing of the Cars buildings has an accurate picture (rooms xx07 & xx08; xx21 & xx22; and xx33 & xx34) which gives you a good idea of what the view is from the neighboring rooms. I actually sent pictures from our Nemo suite last summer to add to the collection because there wasn't one from our specific room. We've never stayed in a Cars suite, but we walk over to that area every time we stay at that resort because I think that area is absolutely gorgeous at night. It isn't the best location for us -- we like to be really close to the food court and bus stops -- so we've always stayed in LK or Nemo, but I think the Cars area has the best outdoor theming at the resort. I hope you're able to find a room/location that works for you and that you enjoy your stay!

IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0196.JPG We just got back from a stay in the LM section, and it was fabulous! We were on the fourth floor of building 7, facing west/the pool area. We had amazing sunset and partial fireworks (HS) views! Also, we were traveling with two other parties and all of our rooms were adjacent--the first time that's happened for us in several trips traveling together!

The top pic is sunrise on our last morning, and the bottom is sunset on our first night.

Let's just say that their website is quite disingenuous with the claim of "photographs of the view from every single room".

WDW pics.PNG

I couldn't agree more with VegasVic --- must be a Vic thing (vicki here)...but anyway, the Cars section is very frustrating when looking for room views. It seems they have very few of those room photographs...and I've tried going up/down, left/right.. that's exactly why i looked for this thread hoping someone would have pictures

I couldn't agree more with VegasVic --- must be a Vic thing (vicki here)...but anyway, the Cars section is very frustrating when looking for room views. It seems they have very few of those room photographs...and I've tried going up/down, left/right.. that's exactly why i looked for this thread hoping someone would have pictures

I was particularly interested in "inside" views for the grandkids. For me, it doesn't matter. With 168 rooms facing inside, there are only 36 pictures. That's not exactly "every room on Walt Disney property".

I was particularly interested in "inside" views for the grandkids. For me, it doesn't matter. With 168 rooms facing inside, there are only 36 pictures. That's not exactly "every room on Walt Disney property".

Do you want your view to be *of* something specific or are you trying to avoid a view of something? There are probably enough people here on the boards who have stayed in the Cars section that between their experience and a few maps and the limited pictures on TP, we can probably help you determine a good room/area request so you have the view you're hoping for.

While I think TP offers "good enough" pictures so that someone can get a general idea of what their room view is going to be (courtyard v. parking lot; pool v. courtyard; etc.) I do agree that the site shouldn't claim to have a picture from every room on property. They have views from each side of the building, but not each room.

Hi all! I just booked a stay at AoA for January 2018. It's a little mini-honeymoon before our honeymoon in Jamaica in March. I'm calling it a "MinnieMoon" because I'm dorky, lol.

Anyway, I checked touringplans room finder, but they don't seem to show which Little Mermaid rooms have king beds. Is there somewhere else they are listed so that I can note my room requests? I guess I could just note king room, if more specific information isn't available. My future husband is baffled that you can't just book a king room, lol.

Do you want your view to be *of* something specific or are you trying to avoid a view of something? There are probably enough people here on the boards who have stayed in the Cars section that between their experience and a few maps and the limited pictures on TP, we can probably help you determine a good room/area request so you have the view you're hoping for.

While I think TP offers "good enough" pictures so that someone can get a general idea of what their room view is going to be (courtyard v. parking lot; pool v. courtyard; etc.) I do agree that the site shouldn't claim to have a picture from every room on property. They have views from each side of the building, but not each room.

Thank you for agreeing that TP's claim is bogus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter