Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I love reading about everyone's stay! We are staying at AoA in June for our first Disney trip with my husband my 3 daughters 12,10,2 and my son 7 and myself. We are staying in a nemo suite for 4 nights. Any tips and advice are greatly appreciated . My anxiety is kicking in the closer it gets since I'm walking in pretty blind with all the kiddos. My 2yo turns 3 our last day there. Can I put things up around the room as long as it does not damage anything (ex: a birthday banner or something special like that)

Hello!!! My brother, his girlfriend, and I are planning a trip for Feb 2018 and we were originally going to stay at Pop (our home resort, where we always stay) BUT my brother LOVES The Little Mermaid so we've decided to make the leap and try to get a room at AOA!

Can someone tell me how much storage space there is in the Finding Nemo suites? We have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside twice, and the storage space there is so limited that I have to be very strategic about keeping everything organized (bringing a hanging shelf for some clothes, using a suitcase like a drawer instead of putting it out of the way, etc.). I am trying to figure out if I need to do that sort of planning for this trip, or if there will be sufficient space for all of the stuff that comes with our family of 5.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

If I have 10:20 am 'Ohana ADR, what time should I be at bus stop?

Thanks!!
I asked this not too long ago on the transportation board. The advice I was given was to allow for one hour for travel time. Bus to MK then boat or monorail to Poly. I would aim to be at bus stop at 9am to be safe. I'm sure others will chime in an correct me of I'm off.

Can someone tell me how much storage space there is in the Finding Nemo suites? We have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside twice, and the storage space there is so limited that I have to be very strategic about keeping everything organized (bringing a hanging shelf for some clothes, using a suitcase like a drawer instead of putting it out of the way, etc.). I am trying to figure out if I need to do that sort of planning for this trip, or if there will be sufficient space for all of the stuff that comes with our family of 5.

Thanks in advance!

There is a good amount of space for storage. We stayed in both the cars suites and lion king suites. There is a dresser in the bedroom and place to hang things on hangers. The living room also has a storage area as well.

Thanks in advance!

I find that there's a good amount of storage space in the suites. We've stayed in the suites 3 times -- once with three kids (teens and a tween) and twice with four kids (1 adult, 2 teens, 1 tween). I'll mention that we stay 7-8 days and I don't do laundry on vacation so we tend to over pack a little. :) There's plenty of space for DH & I to unpack all of our stuff in the bedroom dresser. In the living room, 2 kids share the dresser (each getting a large drawer and a small drawer. The tween still likes her outfits to be put into ziploc bags so she can just grab a bag and get dressed so I take a hanging sweater holder and hang that in the living room "closet" to hold her outfits. If we wanted to, I could probably fit her stuff in the dresser drawers *or* in the "seat" of the closet. The seat lid opens and there is usually a pillow, blanket, and maybe a flat sheet in there. We use those things so that "bin" is usually empty or I stuff some small empty suitcases/bags in there for the week. The only reason I haven't used it for the Ziploc Bag outfits is that we would need to keep the top clear so it's easy to get in to. That area tends to be a "catchall" spot for us. Now, on the trips that include our adult son, storage becomes a little tighter. Fortunately, he's perfectly content living out of his suitcase. If he wasn't, I'd probably bring a second hanging sweater holder to use or some collapsible bins that could be set on the shelf above the living room "closet".

I also find there to be a lot of storage space in general. In the master bathroom, there is a lot of counter space as well as a long shelf under the sink. More than enough space for DH & I to keep all of our toiletry/bathroom items in there. There is also a shelf under the sink in the kids bathroom. It's not as big, but still useful. I try to make sure each person has some type of container (bin, bucket, toiletry bag, etc) to hold their bathroom supplies and then those are stored under the sink. There is a nice shelf above the kitchenette that's great for storing snacks and drinks (we drive, so stop to buy breakfast, snack, and drink items for the room). In the master bedroom, there are a few "nook" areas that are great for storing empty suitcases.

One of my favorite things about staying in a suite is having all of that storage space!

Hi all!

Thanks!!

I'd say at least an hour and a half before your ADR. Getting somewhere early is always better then arriving late and frazzled. Then you can grab a coffee, shop, and walk around a bit before your ADr time. :)

I'd say at least an hour and a half before your ADR. Getting somewhere early is always better then arriving late and frazzled. Then you can grab a coffee, shop, and walk around a bit before your ADr time. :)

Hmm might just get Uber to take us there then. The night before we have MNSSHP and not sure my kids will be up and ready at bus stop by 9am. Anyone have experience with UberFamily? We are going to need car seat for my 22 month old.

Hmm might just get Uber to take us there then. The night before we have MNSSHP and not sure my kids will be up and ready at bus stop by 9am. Anyone have experience with UberFamily? We are going to need car seat for my 22 month old.

No experience with Uber, but lots of people recommend it, especially when you have to transfer from a bus to monorail.

Hi, all! I stayed at POP this year but in the midst of all the room remodeling there, I'm suddenly flirting with the idea of a LM room next year. I've visited AOA and eaten a couple of meals at the foood court, but haven't stayed there. 2 questions:

Do the Little Mermaid rooms book up really fast? I would be looking at Feb 3-10 next year, so a slightly less busy time. I'm just wondering how much time I have to dither over a decision or if I'd better jump on it. Also, I assume LM rooms are still usually excluded from discounts.

Maybe a weird question, but how is the lighting in Lion King after dark? Is it "spooky" walking through there to Little Mermaid in the evening?

Yes get Uber or take taxi. Don't chance it. We had an early BBB app just so we could get into MK early and enjoy it with no people. It was wasted because the bus took forever! We were running to make the appt and I was sick over it! Lesson learned, never again.

I love reading about everyone's stay! We are staying at AoA in June for our first Disney trip with my husband my 3 daughters 12,10,2 and my son 7 and myself. We are staying in a nemo suite for 4 nights. Any tips and advice are greatly appreciated . My anxiety is kicking in the closer it gets since I'm walking in pretty blind with all the kiddos. My 2yo turns 3 our last day there. Can I put things up around the room as long as it does not damage anything (ex: a birthday banner or something special like that)
We are planning on putting gel stickies on the windows for decoration. We will be there in June too. I do not think you can put anything on the outside of the door though.

Thanks!![/QUOTE]
if you have a car you might want to drive to the ticket and transportation center at magic kingdom and then board the resort monorail. that is what we are doing next month when we go to chef mickeys at the contemporary. the busses usually take 20-30 minutes so 9am.

Hi, all! I stayed at POP this year but in the midst of all the room remodeling there, I'm suddenly flirting with the idea of a LM room next year. I've visited AOA and eaten a couple of meals at the foood court, but haven't stayed there. 2 questions:

Do the Little Mermaid rooms book up really fast? I would be looking at Feb 3-10 next year, so a slightly less busy time. I'm just wondering how much time I have to dither over a decision or if I'd better jump on it. Also, I assume LM rooms are still usually excluded from discounts.

Maybe a weird question, but how is the lighting in Lion King after dark? Is it "spooky" walking through there to Little Mermaid in the evening?

If you are worried about them filling up you can go ahead and call the reservation desk now to guarantee a room in the LM section. It will be a room only reservation for the time being, but you can add any discounts and packages as they come out later and if they are applicable. Also the cancellation policy on room only reservations is not as strict. You can always change to a different type room/resort later, but at least you know you have the LM booked for now.

Sorry I cannot speak to the spookiness of walking through Lion King. Our first stay at AOA will be next February in a Nemo Suite.

We just got back and had a blast. We stayed in the Nemo section. I had done the online check in and put in a request for upper floor, lake view (or something like that). We were placed first floor right by the elevator. I asked if we could switch and were moved to a different room on the first floor, the last room on the hallway, which ended up really working out. No noise at all! The kids loved the splash area and the playground area. We spent a lot of time there!

Loved the food court and ate there several times. Never a really long wait until the last day we were there where I waited 45 minutes for a burger and pasta. Saw lots of people checking in that day!

We saw the construction outside, but it was nothing that interfered with our trip. A few long waits for buses, but nothing too horrible. I wish that the Magic Kingdom line was under a covering like the other park bus stops. It was super sunny and hot when we were there and waiting for a bus got a bit sweaty! :laughing: I would definitely stay there again!

MK bus wait 8am last Thursday morning...

20170510_084656.jpg
sorry for the random lady right in front, just wanted to capture the length of the line!

Glad we missed this guy though!
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/father-arrested-on-child-neglect-charge-at-disney-resort

We just got back and had a blast. We stayed in the Nemo section. I had done the online check in and put in a request for upper floor, lake view (or something like that). We were placed first floor right by the elevator. I asked if we could switch and were moved to a different room on the first floor, the last room on the hallway, which ended up really working out. No noise at all! The kids loved the splash area and the playground area. We spent a lot of time there!

Loved the food court and ate there several times. Never a really long wait until the last day we were there where I waited 45 minutes for a burger and pasta. Saw lots of people checking in that day!

We saw the construction outside, but it was nothing that interfered with our trip. A few long waits for buses, but nothing too horrible. I wish that the Magic Kingdom line was under a covering like the other park bus stops. It was super sunny and hot when we were there and waiting for a bus got a bit sweaty! :laughing: I would definitely stay there again!

MK bus wait 8am last Thursday morning...

View attachment 237587
sorry for the random lady right in front, just wanted to capture the length of the line!

Glad we missed this guy though!
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/father-arrested-on-child-neglect-charge-at-disney-resort
We had a line like that last Monday! According to the CM with a clipboard the road construction was delaying all the buses near the Magic Kingdom and they were having trouble getting them to the resort on a regular schedule.

We stayed at GF last year and had bug spray....Staying at AoA this time and just wondering if there is bug spray in the rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!