Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I've also seen that speculated, it would make sense, can the others who've received the letter confirm they are in LM? being the closest to PoP the work might be done around the bridge area and not impacting those in the other sections as much.

I just got the email also, we are in the Cars section June 17-20th. Almost tempted to call and see if they will either compensate in someway or move us to a moderate resort for the same price, kinda annoyed.

I usually wouldn't be too upset by this but we are planning to spend most of our time at the resort as we are there for close to two weeks. First 4 nights at AoA then the following 10 at Poly. I've called Disney and they were like strange I don't see any refurbs at that time. UGH!!!

I was finally able to get some more information. They told me that work is beginning on 5/1. They couldn't be specific as the construction company supposedly is in charge of what is happening first. They are planning to do projects throughout the resort. Some room refurbs, some maintenance upgrades, etc; it wasn't one specific project but many according to the person I spoke with directly at AofA. They did say that noise could be an issue depending on where and what was being done from 9a-7p. It really wasn't super helpful but was more than what I got when calling the first few times. I arrive 4/27 and leave on 5/2 so I didn't push very hard to move as my impact appears to be minor at this point. Good luck to everyone with future stays.

I love to walk, and walk a lot, but that walk was just too much for me. :crazy2:
It's about a 7-10 minute walk depending on your pace and room location.
We like to go to the main building multiple times per day and we often travel in the summer. So those rooms are once and done for us, but we do love the resort itself.

We stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms last time we visited and I was worried about being frustrated by the walk, but I wasn't at all. There is so much to see as you walk, the time passes so quickly :)

I was finally able to get some more information. They told me that work is beginning on 5/1. They couldn't be specific as the construction company supposedly is in charge of what is happening first. They are planning to do projects throughout the resort. Some room refurbs, some maintenance upgrades, etc; it wasn't one specific project but many according to the person I spoke with directly at AofA. They did say that noise could be an issue depending on where and what was being done from 9a-7p. It really wasn't super helpful but was more than what I got when calling the first few times. I arrive 4/27 and leave on 5/2 so I didn't push very hard to move as my impact appears to be minor at this point. Good luck to everyone with future stays.

Thank you for this! We leave next week and I just got an email from Disney about the construction :/ not too impressed...hoping it is indeed minor!

Thank you for this! I am on hold now with guest services. Usually this would not be an issue for me but as I said in a previous post We are there from 5/21-5/24 and those days are resort days for us before we transfer to the Poly for 10 days. They at saying no other resort is available for us to switch to for our stay. This upsets me... We go every 6 months some times more and are annual passholders. I'd hope there be something they could do for us given the fact we spend thousands of dollars a year at Disney... I'm not looking for a handout. Just a comparable resort and I'm told nothing is available :-(

We are staying at AOA in October and haven't received an email. Wondering if whatever it is will be complete by then.

I feel for those of you getting this on short notice. I hope it will not be too disruptive. :(

Thank you for this! I am on hold now with guest services. Usually this would not be an issue for me but as I said in a previous post We are there from 5/21-5/24 and those days are resort days for us before we transfer to the Poly for 10 days. They at saying no other resort is available for us to switch to for our stay. This upsets me... We go every 6 months some times more and are annual passholders. I'd hope there be something they could do for us given the fact we spend thousands of dollars a year at Disney... I'm not looking for a handout. Just a comparable resort and I'm told nothing is available :-(

I totally get it. I was in the same boat. Very carefully picked AofA because there wasn't any construction going on. Not even going to parks, this was strictly a resort, relaxation vacation for me after a few rough months!! When they offered me a different resort, it was a campsite . Like, what am I supposed to do with a campsite? Lol!!

Regardless of what that person said, you were not talking to someone directly at AoA. You were talking to a CM at some offsite call center -- probably not even in Orlando. Even when you push the "front desk" button on the in-room phone you don't get some one who is physically at the resort. And many of the people who answer the phones unfortunately don't have accurate information -- in fact, many times it's not even close to reality. Hopefully you got someone who gave accurate information.

I've also seen that speculated, it would make sense, can the others who've received the letter confirm they are in LM? being the closest to PoP the work might be done around the bridge area and not impacting those in the other sections as much.
I am booked in LM.

how crowded is the bus system for AofA? We are looking to stay at this resort this fall but one thing that has kept me away so far is the bus system. I know these resorts are much bigger. We are looking to do a family suite that way we can put the kids to bed and than stay up a little bit longer.

Also how are the table bed and the pull out sofa bed?

how crowded is the bus system for AofA? We are looking to stay at this resort this fall but one thing that has kept me away so far is the bus system. I know these resorts are much bigger. We are looking to do a family suite that way we can put the kids to bed and than stay up a little bit longer.

We went last November during the W&D Half weekend and the buses weren't bad at all. We headed over to MK about 9am and didn't wait in line more than about 10 mins for a bus, as they were coming fairly frequently. We left MK around 1pm that day and there was only one other family waiting to get on.

My boys slept on the table bed and the sofa bed and both slept well. I laid on the table bed for a little while and it seemed pretty comfy:)

We went last November during the W&D Half weekend and the buses weren't bad at all. We headed over to MK about 9am and didn't wait in line more than about 10 mins for a bus, as they were coming fairly frequently. We left MK around 1pm that day and there was only one other family waiting to get on.

My boys slept on the table bed and the sofa bed and both slept well. I laid on the table bed for a little while and it seemed pretty comfy:)

Thats good to know since my husband and I will be on those and the mother in law will be on the actual bed.

We've stayed at AoA three times and we've found the bus system there to be very good. I kept track of our waits for a bus at the resort and over the last 2 visits (June 2015 & 2016) we only had 1 wait at the resort bus stop that was more than 10 minutes. That longer wait (20 minutes) was following a huge 4-hour rain storm and it seemed like *everyone* at the resort was trying to go to a park once the sun came out. Getting a bus back to the resort from the parks wasn't bad either, but I didn't really keep track of those wait times. I will say that first thing in the morning when heading to the parks and if leaving the parks close to closing time, the buses are packed and you could very well end up standing. We sometimes waited for the next bus in order to be able to sit. We also occasionally take a bus back to Pop Century (if that line is shorter) and walk back to AoA from there -- which is an exceptionally pretty walk at night. They have the monitors at the resort bus stops now so at least you know when the next bus is going to arrive.

As for the beds, my teenage and adult sons have slept on both the sofa bed and the table bed and found them to be comfortable. My teen son said that the sofa bed is better than any other sofa bed (in homes or hotels) that he's slept on. It's not as good as a regular bed, but it's not bad. My adult son said that the table bed is as good as his bed at home and better than any hotel bed he's slept on. And just for reference, they've both spent 21 nights sleeping on those AoA beds. Personally, I find the queen bed in the master bedroom to be way too firm for my liking. I was literally bruised and sore after the first night I slept on it. I called Mousekeeping and asked for an extra blanket which I then folded up and used as a mattress topper on my side of the bed (my husband loved the firmness of the bed) so I was more comfortable. Now I just get the blanket as soon as we arrive.

I have found the bus system at AoA to be better than most of the deluxe resorts. I wouldn't book here without staying in a suite though. The table bed and sofa bed are both fine for one person.

Wanted to confirm I got an email about the construction as well. We are in LM rooms and only staying one night 5/4, so I am not to worried about it. The email said there was no closures on recreation, so I assume that means no issue with the pools being closed.

Wanted to confirm I got an email about the construction as well. We are in LM rooms and only staying one night 5/4, so I am not to worried about it. The email said there was no closures on recreation, so I assume that means no issue with the pools being closed.

I just got off the phone and booked out Oct trip and they said all that is being worked on is the landscape around the resort. Nothing major at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter