Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! We are very much looking forward to our stay at AoA 11/13-11/16!

We have a room booked at LM. We are not too concerned about the walk, but would like a room that's more on the quiet side of things.

Any suggestions on what to request? I know this is a popular family hotel, we are not grumpy people, just light sleepers!

Thanks!

Hello! We are very much looking forward to our stay at AoA 11/13-11/16!

We have a room booked at LM. We are not too concerned about the walk, but would like a room that's more on the quiet side of things.

Any suggestions on what to request? I know this is a popular family hotel, we are not grumpy people, just light sleepers!

Thanks!

We stayed lakeside Bldg 7 twice - 2nd and 3rd floors - never heard a thing.

We stayed in the lightning McQueen/ Sally building and had views of just trees. It was nice because we were on the backside so it was very quiet- no one walking by.
Thank you for your help. A view of the trees wouldn't be bad, but we'd love to look out and see the pool or the Cars. What buildings have views of the cozy cone pool?

Thank you for your help. A view of the trees wouldn't be bad, but we'd love to look out and see the pool or the Cars. What buildings have views of the cozy cone pool?

Technically all three Cars buildings 1, 2, and 3 have rooms facing/overlooking the pool and courtyard where the Cars characters are located.

Has anyone here booked just "themed family suite" ? What section did you end up getting?

My dd would probably like Nemo best and we stayed in one of those before and liked it but not sure if I should even bother requesting it or just request Lion King instead.

I am sure this has been mentioned somewhere on this thread, but has any adults slept on the Murphy bed or the pullout sofa? Is there a weight limit? Trying to see if these beds are comfortable for an adult to sleep on.

Needing advice on which building in Cars we have other family members staying in Nemo but want to be close to the main building also. Wifi reception is pretty important also.

Has anyone had a lake view that was nice ?

Is there a link anywhere that shows what movies see playing each night in the Lion King courtyard?

This DIS won't let me post a direct link, but google this art of animation outdoor movie schedule and click on the first link. It will bring you to a site that lists the movie schedule for all the resorts. They get updated usually on the 2nd or 3rd of the month. Currently it is still showing April's schedule. Here it is so you get an idea.

Art of Animation Poolside Movie Schedule ~ 8:30PM

Sunday
Wreck-It Ralph
Monday
Lilo & Stitch
Tuesday
Tangled (See our Princess Page)

Wednesday
The Secret World of Arriety

Thursday
The Lion King

Friday
Hercules

Saturday
Tarzan (April 22: DisneyNature: Chimpanzee)

We stayed at AoA on our last trip in April 2013, it was awesome.

If AoA was around a 5 years ago, we may have never bought into DVC since we didn't want to get 2 rooms every time. AoA is perfect for my family of 6. It is value, but you're still in Disney and it feels VERY Disney to me.... in a good way.

Slightly embarrassing question- does anyone know if you can purchase the everything brownie at breakfast?

I am sure this has been mentioned somewhere on this thread, but has any adults slept on the Murphy bed or the pullout sofa? Is there a weight limit? Trying to see if these beds are comfortable for an adult to sleep on.

We were at AoA last week and my husband slept on the pull out sofa. He said it was comfortable. I don't know if there is a weight limit.

We are staying in a Lion King suite in 9 days. I was going to call and request a building. We are traveling with a 19 month old so I am worried about her mom having to walk and carry her long distances or walking long distances. I am also trying to debate on getting a courtside or lake view. I think my 4 year old son would prefer a courtside view. What in your opinions is the best building/view?? Any tips? We are first timers and we are SOO excited!

We are staying in a Lion King suite in 9 days. I was going to call and request a building. We are traveling with a 19 month old so I am worried about her mom having to walk and carry her long distances or walking long distances. I am also trying to debate on getting a courtside or lake view. I think my 4 year old son would prefer a courtside view. What in your opinions is the best building/view?? Any tips? We are first timers and we are SOO excited!

Just wanted to say we will be there in 9 days too in Nemo!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just wanted to say we will be there in 9 days too in Nemo!

HOW LUCKY! That is what I wanted but they were all booked!! But congrats on your vacation! I dont think I have ever been this excited lol I think I am more excited than my son lol!!

HOW LUCKY! That is what I wanted but they were all booked!! But congrats on your vacation! I dont think I have ever been this excited lol I think I am more excited than my son lol!!

When we were originally going to go in January we wanted Nemo but it was all booked so we picked lion king. I think you will have just as good of a time there, the theming looked amazing. I'm nervous, traveling with a 9 month old for the first time! Very excited though!!!

I am going through withdrawal. I miss eveything about AoA, what an amazing resort! My niece loved it.

I just wanted to check in on this thread, obviously so I can cause myself even more heartbreak :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter