Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

penni520

Mouseketeer
Who is excited about the new Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel next to Pop century?
I would like to start this and see how many is planning on staying there....I will post some more information about it when I get it.

This info courtesy of the mousesavers newsletter...

Step into some of your favorites stories! Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel, a Disney Value Resort hotel, will draw its inspiration from 4 classic Disney animated films: The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo and Cars. Each one of the new Resort’s buildings are being designed to make you feel like you are part of one of 4 beloved animated films. You can trace the movie's theme from the playful courtyards to the festive room interiors.

The 864 rooms planned within The Little Mermaid buildings will be sea-inspired with an eye towards value. The Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo buildings are planned to exclusively feature family suites which accommodate up to six guests. Preliminary plans are for 1,120 family suites, all arranged for added space and comfort.

The concept for these family suites include:

* 2 separate bathrooms
* A master bedroom
* 3 separate sleeping areas within the living space, which includes an "Inovabed"—an impressive piece of furniture that transforms from a generously sized dining or work table to a comfortable bed in seconds.

Kids and kids at heart will be able to romp through one of the 4 courtyards — one courtyard for each film — where there will be icons and sculptures to interact with and play around. Make a splash in the main pool—complete with a pool bar—or relax in one of the 2 quiet pool areas. Planned amenities at Disney's Art of Animation Resort include an animation-themed food court, arcade, retail location and interior airline check-in stations.

Disney's Art of Animation Resort is scheduled to be located near Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. It will be a smoke-free Resort; smoking will be permitted only in designated outdoor smoking locations.

Booking dates for this family-friendly resort, scheduled to open Summer of 2012, have not been announced.

I just thought some non mousesaver subscribers might be interesetd in what was happening with the resort across the bridge from the Pop

My family is excited about staying here!!! When we were at POP a few months ago, we stood by the lake and looked over. There was movement, but we weren't sure what was going on then. I wonder if they will remove the gate on the other side of the bridge?

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

DSC02546.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

DSC02549.jpg

I am super excited and kinda nervous! I really hope that Pop and Animation will maintain seperate busses. I also wonder if there will be a bridge to link the two resorts or will they be seperate.

We'll definitely be staying there in 2012!! We love POP, so can't wait to see the new resort. :goodvibes

Besides the family suites, I don't understand what the difference is between AS Movies and this new hotel-they sound exactly the same-??:confused3

My family is excited about staying here!!! When we were at POP a few months ago, we stood by the lake and looked over. There was movement, but we weren't sure what was going on then. I wonder if they will remove the gate on the other side of the bridge?

I sure hope they move the gate

I am super excited and kinda nervous! I really hope that Pop and Animation will maintain seperate busses. I also wonder if there will be a bridge to link the two resorts or will they be seperate.

How I understand there will for ONE bus for this resort and the Pop...we will be sharing :headache:

We'll definitely be staying there in 2012!! We love POP, so can't wait to see the new resort. :goodvibes

I will for sure be staying there, I will be changing my count down when they come out with a logo and then will take off Pop Century

thank you for posting pictures. Keep them coming. I would like many more people to come to this and we can talk, plan, pictures and more here...Like what they have for the Pop Century...But our's will be better :banana: What do you all think?

I'm excited about trying a new Disney resort. The Inovabeds ( http://www.inovallc.com/ ) sound like a great addition to these rooms. I didn't mind sleeping on the queen sofa in ASMusic's family suites, but these look more comfortable. They look really similar to the murphy bed in our suite at the Contemporary.

that will be awesome to stay! what is the year the Art of Animation resort opening and see some videos about this newest hotel!

I'm excited for more, affordable family suites! I don't quite understand why they keep choosing Cars theming for things instead of one of the more popular Pixar movies, though. Still, I would love to stay in a Lion King room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter