Disneys Animal Kindom Lodge

rpbert1

DIS Veteran
Just been looking through some TripleA rates, not that i am going on holiday this year BBBOOOOOO, but seen rates for July for here, for $202 a night plus tax.
thought this was a great rate for anyone who is a Member of the AA

Same price to what I saw on Hotels.com & Expedia for our dates in August but then they both offer 10% discount code and or 10-13% Quidco.
It was even cheaper to rent DVC points well under £100pn IIRC, its a few weeks since I was pricing it up.
I didn't check July though, that might be the best rate for July.

Same price to what I saw on Hotels.com & Expedia for our dates in August but then they both offer 10% discount code and or 10-13% Quidco.
It was even cheaper to rent DVC points well under £100pn IIRC, its a few weeks since I was pricing it up.
I didn't check July though, that might be the best rate for July.
Picking up on the reference to renting DVC points, for those not interested in buying a complete package with the free dinning then as Wanye states this is normally the cheapest option for a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and possibly at any of the other DVC Resorts at Aulani Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Grand Californian, Boardwalk, Hilton Head, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Vero Beach and Wilderness Lodge Villas.

The cheapest times of the year for renting is Jan , Sept and Dec 1-14 followed by Oct, Nov 1-20, 24-30 and Dec 15-23.

For a week in October starting Sat 25th you will need to rent 116 points for a Savanna View studio, renting normally varies between $10 and $13 a point, so for this week the cost could be between $1,160 and $1,508 (£774-£1,005 at $1.50 to the £1.00).

A Standard View studio at either Jambo House or Kidani Village AKL for that week is slightly cheaper at 88 points, so between $880 and $1,144 (£587-£762).

While a July stay in a Standard View studio would be 116 points, so a similar cost to the Savanna View studio as above in October.

Renting at most times of the year therefore can be much cheaper but it is less flexible as normally there's no option to cancel for a refund and or change dates.

For those interested in renting and to get a better understanding check out
DVC Rent/Trade Points FAQ....http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/RentTrade-FAQ.htm
DVC-Rent/Trade on the DisBoards .....http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29
DVC points charts....http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml
Davids Rentals.....http://www.dvcrequest.com/?oid=29_1

Hi sorry to but in on thread, but how do you get AAA rates if u an AA member ,how does it work ? Thanks

Hi sorry to but in on thread, but how do you get AAA rates if u an AA member ,how does it work ? Thanks

They are part of the 'Show your Card!' scheme. Looks like we also get limited breakdown cover now in the US, not read all the detail but it seems to be the cover rental compnies try charging $5/day for.

Not read the latest offers but you can usually buy basic AA cover for about £9/year with Quidco.

http://www.theaa.com/rewards/offers/arc-europe.jsp

Thanks will do some research got aa cover thru bank account. Thanks again.

Enjoying your trip report Wayne .

Cheryl

Picking up on the reference to renting DVC points, for those not interested in buying a complete package with the free dinning then as Wanye states this is normally the cheapest option for a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and possibly at any of the other DVC Resorts at Aulani Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Grand Californian, Boardwalk, Hilton Head, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Vero Beach and Wilderness Lodge Villas.

The cheapest times of the year for renting is Jan , Sept and Dec 1-14 followed by Oct, Nov 1-20, 24-30 and Dec 15-23.

For a week in October starting Sat 25th you will need to rent 116 points for a Savanna View studio, renting normally varies between $10 and $13 a point, so for this week the cost could be between $1,160 and $1,508 (£774-£1,005 at $1.50 to the £1.00).

A Standard View studio at either Jambo House or Kidani Village AKL for that week is slightly cheaper at 88 points, so between $880 and $1,144 (£587-£762).

While a July stay in a Standard View studio would be 116 points, so a similar cost to the Savanna View studio as above in October.

Renting at most times of the year therefore can be much cheaper but it is less flexible as normally there's no option to cancel for a refund and or change dates.

For those interested in renting and to get a better understanding check out
DVC Rent/Trade Points FAQ....http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/RentTrade-FAQ.htm
DVC-Rent/Trade on the DisBoards .....http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29
DVC points charts....http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml
Davids Rentals.....http://www.dvcrequest.com/?oid=29_1

I thought if you rented from a Dvc member you could still apply the free dining? If available at the times of travel?

We was maybe looking into this we are not sure if there will be 5 or 6 off us and so was looking at renting a AKL villa but was hoping to have dining added to it can you not add free dining to it?

I thought if you rented from a Dvc member you could still apply the free dining? If available at the times of travel?

We was maybe looking into this we are not sure if there will be 5 or 6 off us and so was looking at renting a AKL villa but was hoping to have dining added to it can you not add free dining to it?

No, free dining is not available on DVC bookings.

If only there was free dining, unfortunately members and their guest (those renting) have to pay and current cost for the regular plan per day is $55.59 and $17,16 for a child age 3-9.

The offer of free dinning at OKW a few years ago through the Walt Disney Travel Company UK was so good it made sense for us and possibly other UK DVC members to book a room through them with the free dinning and bank our DVC points to use in another year.

If only there was free dining, unfortunately members and their guest (those renting) have to pay and current cost for the regular plan per day is $55.59 and $17,16 for a child age 3-9.

The offer of free dinning at OKW a few years ago through the Walt Disney Travel Company UK was so good it made sense for us and possibly other UK DVC members to book a room through them with the free dinning and bank our DVC points to use in another year.

That's a shame,
Well in that case it's probably better deal to book through Disney and get the plan.
We love AKL and have done 3 wks before with free dining the boys would love to go back, but they also love the DDP lol just have to see what ends up the better deal!

In order to get the "not really free" dining plan, one has to pay rack rates. So offers like the one posted here would not apply.
"Free" DDP can be a money saver for a family of 4 staying in one room. For two adults or even worst a single, looking for a discount on room is often cheaper.

DVC members can purchase the Table in Wonderland card that entitles for 20% discount on almost all table service restaurants. Most DVC members use this option instead of the DDP.
Anyone can purchase it if they have an AP.

In order to get the "not really free" dining plan, one has to pay rack rates. So offers like the one posted here would not apply.
"Free" DDP can be a money saver for a family of 4 staying in one room. For two adults or even worst a single, looking for a discount on room is often cheaper.

DVC members can purchase the Table in Wonderland card that entitles for 20% discount on almost all table service restaurants. Most DVC members use this option instead of the DDP.
Anyone can purchase it if they have an AP.

I mostly agree about the "free" DDP, only exception is OKW/SSR with 40% off & free DDP. first time we did it we paid £80/nt, last year (4th time) we paid £117/nt. Rack rate was about £200/nt so a good discount and free dining.
Now the prices are rising there are probably better options than free DDP.

I mostly agree about the "free" DDP, only exception is OKW/SSR with 40% off & free DDP. first time we did it we paid £80/nt, last year (4th time) we paid £117/nt. Rack rate was about £200/nt so a good discount and free dining.
Now the prices are rising there are probably better options than free DDP.

I also agree but as a family of 5 normally 6 at Disney then free DDP saves us a lot of money on food!
Even when we have not gotten the DDP our food costs was insane as the boys are still very much into character meals and what with having a child with autism the meals are the best way to meet characters without long lines!

After our stay at SSR in the 2 bed we will always pray for the discount and free DDP as that saved us a ton of money and we just loved the resort ( never thought we would even like it)
So the room discount would have to be a real good one to save us money over free dining which is why i still think that renting points " could" still work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter