Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the updated room pictures HopperFan

Thank you so much!!! Can't wait until August!!!
Supposed to get housekeeping today so I’ll take more with a well made bed 😬

Don’t know if because Sports but by food court and pool so far I’ve seen Foosball, Ping Pong, giant Checkers, giant Chess and Corn Hole.

Don’t know if because Sports but by food court and pool so far I’ve seen Foosball, Ping Pong, giant Checkers, giant Chess and Corn Hole.
5A4D3E2C-74E0-4B4A-9A3A-53681A766047.jpeg70C5D0D9-F01F-46B2-890E-21504D748475.jpeg735F4B14-1B6F-4411-9AD0-8E13B21DF6E5.jpeg8576FF28-D5E8-4E86-811F-726048B83472.jpeg739F86D5-B562-4111-9B97-245976D0B026.jpeg

That’s awesome, I love how they get in the spirit!

They have arrived! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Out cheering on field. So we got late start, headed to AK. Saw bus outside so we started running (not pretty). Stepped on to entire bus full standing room only cheerleaders. 😶. Coach says “get up give them seats!” to which 10 girls jumped. He then moved to front by me and conversed entire time. He said I love coaching to excellence but it’s better when they become kind and honest people. He’s my kind of coach!

4AF71B84-9674-4F92-9159-F8745CFE14BD.jpeg

I got back from staying at sports yesterday and they already had their cheer info channel running giving out info. They even have scheduled an after championships party for them at Hollywood Studios.

DANCE MOMS are here … and there’s not a seat to be had at the bar … so we have packs wandering drinks in hand! 🍸🍹🍷🧉 NOTE: Returned from park at closing and they are 3 deep at the bar. Girls just want to have fun!

Last edited:
Is there a schedule of when school/sporting events take place at Sports?
The ESPN Wide World of Sports events page will have a lot of them listed.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/#date=2023|view=list

"Most" of the events will use Sports as their Resort or one of their Resorts.

They usually come in a day or 2 before their events start.

And they will gradually leave at the end of their events-for example we were at Sports last Month during the College Cheerleading and Dance Championships.

The event ended Sunday night and I would estimate that:

60 % left Monday
30 % left Tuesday
10 % left Wednesday

Also January and February and July have been historically huge Months for The 15s to stay at Sports,but they still have not begun returning in huge numbers from the Covid shutdown.

We only ran into 3 groups of Brazil 15s property-wide last Month with none staying at Sports.

No. I believe two in process and two still to do.
Do we know how far along they are on the buildings in progress? Once they start on the last two, we will at least know we should get a refurbished room.

I hope you were able to enjoy the end of your trip. I think I got out just in time, since I checked out of Music yesterday morning.

The ESPN Wide World of Sports events page will have a lot of them listed.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/#date=2023|view=list

"Most" of the events will use Sports as their Resort or one of their Resorts.

They usually come in a day or 2 before their events start.

And they will gradually leave at the end of their events-for example we were at Sports last Month during the College Cheerleading and Dance Championships.

The event ended Sunday night and I would estimate that:

60 % left Monday
30 % left Tuesday
10 % left Wednesday

Also January and February and July have been historically huge Months for The 15s to stay at Sports,but they still have not begun returning in huge numbers from the Covid shutdown.

We only ran into 3 groups of Brazil 15s property-wide last Month with none staying at Sports.
A few dance teams arrived Wed, lots arrived Thursday. We were not bothered by them at all and feel the biggest impact yesterday was the buses. Not just filling them but other than the one positive coach I spoke of, the rest not so much.

The cheer girls were practicing on the football field and the "tennis" court between 4 and 5.

We saw one group of SA BOYS (about 15) and they were fine (in line with them). We did see lots of tour groups of families and respecting space and others was a big issue.

There was also a HUGE number of "Disney Art & Music" groups. They wore matching tshirts mostly but each group a different color. A few on the bus we could tell were the same event but most did not have the matching shirt. Their coach/chaperone had good control of them.

Do we know how far along they are on the buildings in progress? Once they start on the last two, we will at least know we should get a refurbished room.

I hope you were able to enjoy the end of your trip. I think I got out just in time, since I checked out of Music yesterday morning.

3 and 5 are considered in progress. I only saw the fencing blocking the walks at 5 but unaware of workers. And I passed end of 3 several times and saw nothing so maybe it's close to done.

1 and 2 have not been started and were full of guests. I can't imagine it won't be done by summer.

NOTE: I noticed this week they are moving lots of the renovation stuff into the north lot next to 1 and 2. Perhaps they are ready to make that jump soon.

Hotel seems proactive in keeping the peace!!! These signs are EVERYWHERE. Main hub, all entrances to pool, end of major walkways, entrance to each building area. When I took this I could also see 3 more. No excuses from coaches on their kids behaviors.

328426318_865356051400521_411550092178641500_n.jpg

Last edited:
A few dance teams arrived Wed, lots arrived Thursday. We were not bothered by them at all and feel the biggest impact yesterday was the buses. Not just filling them but other than the one positive coach I spoke of, the rest not so much.

The cheer girls were practicing on the football field and the "tennis" court between 4 and 5.

We saw one group of SA BOYS (about 15) and they were fine (in line with them). We did see lots of tour groups of families and respecting space and others was a big issue.

There was also a HUGE number of "Disney Art & Music" groups. They wore matching tshirts mostly but each group a different color. A few on the bus we could tell were the same event but most did not have the matching shirt. Their coach/chaperone had good control of them.

3 and 5 are considered in progress. I only saw the fencing blocking the walks at 5 but unaware of workers. And I passed end of 3 several times and saw nothing so maybe it's close to done.

1 and 2 have not been started and were full of guests. I can't imagine it won't be done by summer.

NOTE: I noticed this week they are moving lots of the renovation stuff into the north lot next to 1 and 2. Perhaps they are ready to make that jump soon.

Hotel seems proactive in keeping the peace!!! These signs are EVERYWHERE. Main hub, all entrances to pool, end of major walkways, entrance to each building area. When I took this I could also see 3 more. No excuses from coaches on their kids behaviors.

View attachment 737156
It will be interesting to see if the scene below that was extremely common Pre-Covid ever returns to Disney World on a large scale.

I know some Guests hope not!lol

But I am SURE The Mouse misses them(and their money)!!!!lol

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

It will be interesting to see if the scene below that was extremely common Pre-Covid ever returns to Disney World on a large scale.

I know some Guests hope not!lol

But I am SURE The Mouse misses them(and their money)!!!!lol

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg
I wonder too ~ and am a guest that hopes NOT. I had so many bad experiences that we started staying offsite in Jan & Feb. I know that Disney makes money (likely charge them full price) but I have to think they cost them too. With Housekeeping being a difficult thing for them to fill, I'd quit after having to clean those rooms. We stayed amongst them a few times and WOW, those rooms. Pizza and food all on the beds ... no pizza box, rooms so bad it looked like they had lived in there months instead of days. One night was particularly bad so I went to one of their rooms. When they opened the door along with about 20+ kids partying the mattresses were against the walls - WHY, there was still a bed frame - chairs stacked on tables ... no way those rooms don't sustain lots of damage. Cleaning has to take triple the time or more.

If they come back if I were Disney I'd say (1) NO housekeeping during stay. Need towels, go to the pool and get them. (2) Do NOT get on buses with guests. Arrange a pickup time at hotel and park and ride with just your group. Disney provides the bus. (3) They pay for extra security who will enforce quiet time at 10 pm and all kids must stay in their rooms after 11 pm (allows food court run). (4) Chaperones MUST keep control; no chanting, no singing, no clapping. (5) They are like everyone else on Genie+. IF they want to they can include it in their package (make them pay top dollar) but their chaperones must do the booking etc. No advantages. Maybe with enough rules we'll just get the groups with the chaperones who do their jobs.

When my DD worked there she had a few moments with them at Soarin' ... she spoke to many chaperones and found the older ladies quite nice and their groups well behaved. They told her it was the groups with the "young men" and younger chaperones that were the problems. They could care less how the kids acted and often were the instigator for the chant/sing/clap times. The more fun the kids had the bigger the tips they got. The older ladies said those companies were often the ones who got banned but the kids just move to another or they change their name.

Who knows they ditched POP WARNER, maybe with the fuller hotels and full parks they might not invite them back. Do they really need them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter