Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm finally taking my solo trip (postponed from August) and only AllStars available is Sports. I have a few questions:
1. Are there coffee makers in all the rooms? Fridges/bev coolers?
2. Do I need to buy a refillable mug to get coffee in the food court?
3. Are there hairdryers in the rooms?
4. Do they handle resort delivery (i.e., can I get a grocery order delivered)?
5. What is the status of housekeeping?

All these things are industry-standard everyplace but Disney. If ASSp is too basic, I might have to spend more money on my accommodations or stay offsite. TIA

I can answer some of these.

There might be a coffee maker in the room? The old style rooms, of which Sports still has many, didn't have coffee makers, but some in the thread are reporting their old style room now have one. If you get a newly-renovated room similar to Pop, Movies, and Music, there will definitely be a coffee maker. The renovations are currently underway.

Yes, there's a fridge/beverage cooler.

Yes, you can use a refillable mug to get coffee in the food court, or you can buy coffee separately. If you get coffee every day then the mug is worth it.

Yes, there's a hair dryer in the room.

I'm finally taking my solo trip (postponed from August) and only AllStars available is Sports. I have a few questions:
1. Are there coffee makers in all the rooms? Fridges/bev coolers?
2. Do I need to buy a refillable mug to get coffee in the food court?
3. Are there hairdryers in the rooms?
4. Do they handle resort delivery (i.e., can I get a grocery order delivered)?
5. What is the status of housekeeping?

All these things are industry-standard everyplace but Disney. If ASSp is too basic, I might have to spend more money on my accommodations or stay offsite. TIA
We just returned from Sports last Friday. We stayed in a standard room Bldg. 4 Tennis

1. Our room did have a coffee maker and old style fridge (not bev cooler) which kept drinks/food very cold.
2. Yes, you need a current mug to get coffee/tea/soda in the food court or you can buy individual cups but the cost is high so you might as well get the mug. Unlike the soda machines, the coffee makers will pour coffee into any container though and I did see people filling up their own thermoses/containers. This, of course, is technically not allowed.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. We were there for 4 nights and did not get ANY housekeeping, even the basics of towels/trash/coffee supplies. Others have reported that they did get some housekeeping. Calling housekeeping for what you need is always an option though we did not.

From what we saw the other two All Stars were packed with people compared to Sports. It was so quiet as more people are choosing the refurbished All Stars. One morning we literally were the only people in the pool the first hour it opened.

Just to add that two preferred buildings (Football) are fully refurbished and open. However one preferred is still old style so no guarantee of a new room if you book preferred but a better chance. Perhaps when you go the standard Baseball buildings will be open and refurbished and they are close to finishing there.

Nice memory for these kids they will remember more than the Hurricane! :)

View attachment 706453
Oh my gosh this is precious.

I am currently here at All Star Sports.

The staff here has been nothing short of wonderful. Everyone I have encountered has been so friendly. Housekeeping has been on the ball, too, so I'm not sure about previous poster's dilemma.

I came back to my room one day, and the mousekeeper had made up my bed with my quilt on top (it looked so homey and comfy), and had made up my bed just like I liked it...without all the sides tucked in. How observant!! I really appreciated that. Yep, it's the little magical things like that.

I just can't say enough good things about the cast members. Very comfortable stay during the hurricane and before.

For those of you who stayed in a refurbished room, did you find the murphy bed to be uncomfortable? We just went in September and had a wonderful trip. We booked a preferred room and were assigned to Surfs Up. I went to the front desk and politely asked if they had any rooms available on Touchdown, which they did. The room was great, but after the first night, I had to move both kids to the murphy bed and sleep in the regular bed with my husband. It was just too hard! I never had this problem at Pop Century...so I'm wondering if they changed their mattresses for the murphy beds or if my body was just being extra picky this trip? I'm booking another trip in February with my Mom and kids so I want to book somewhere where both beds will be comfy enough for us adults.

I suspect that the comfort of mattresses is a very individual thing. I've slept on the murphy beds a couple times and found them to be fine for me - firm but not too hard. So I think it would be hard to determine in advance what other resort would have a mattress that is more comfortable for you.

Last edited:
I suspect that the comfort of mattresses is a very individual thing. I've slept on the murphy beds a couples time and found them to be fine for me - firm but not too hard. So I think it would be hard to determine in advance what other resort would have a mattress that is more comfortable for you.
Yea, you're probably right. I just really want to stay at All Star Sports again and want people to tell me that I am crazy and the beds are fine. haha!

With all the refurb work actively going on right now, when you do think it will all be done? We are coming at the end of January and I'd love to stay here for my son, but I won't pay the same price to stay in an old room. I wonder if they will be done in 4 months??

With all the refurb work actively going on right now, when you do think it will all be done? We are coming at the end of January and I'd love to stay here for my son, but I won't pay the same price to stay in an old room. I wonder if they will be done in 4 months??
If not fully completed by the end of January,I would think they would be so close to finishing that a request only asking for a Refurbed Room and nothing else would be almost a sure thing.

I personally think it will all be done by then.

I'm trying to see how long other refurbs took at Movies or Music. Was it several months? I guess I don't even know when this one started. My son would really like this theming but I'd be so bummed to get in an older room since we were in the refurbed rooms at POP this spring.

Who has stayed recently that could inform me of the noise level due to the construction? I'm sure it wouldn't happen at night but can you hear it during the day?

According to the official website, pool hours are from 8 AM to midnight, with lifeguards on duty from 10 AM to 10 PM.

I'm trying to see how long other refurbs took at Movies or Music. Was it several months? I guess I don't even know when this one started. My son would really like this theming but I'd be so bummed to get in an older room since we were in the refurbed rooms at POP this spring.
I’d be interested too. I am plannning a trip in January too and for my dates Sports would be $60 cheaper than Movies. It seems like it took about a year for Movies but I can’t recall. Music got disrupted with the pandemic so that’s not a good indicator. I do not want to pay any amount for an old room at this point.

I will be doing a solo trip first part of December. I want to see the Christmas decorations at Yacht Club and Beach Club resorts. What is the best way to get to them?

I will be doing a solo trip first part of December. I want to see the Christmas decorations at Yacht Club and Beach Club resorts. What is the best way to get to them?

If it were me, I'd take a bus to Epcot, walk through the park to the International Gateway, and then walk to the YC/BC. Alternatively, to avoid going into the park, you could take a bus to Hollywood Studios, then take the skyliner from HS to Epcot. This would drop you off at the International Gateway, but would also require you to transfer to the Epcot Skyliner route at the Skyliner hub at the Caribbean Beach Resort station.

If it were me, I'd take a bus to Epcot, walk through the park to the International Gateway, and then walk to the YC/BC. Alternatively, to avoid going into the park, you could take a bus to Hollywood Studios, then take the skyliner from HS to Epcot. This would drop you off at the International Gateway, but would also require you to transfer to the Epcot Skyliner route at the Skyliner hub at the Caribbean Beach Resort station.
Or if OP doesn’t mind the walk, they can walk from DHS to YC/BC.

But very easiest way….take an Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!