Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

It looks like Sports reopened 3/31/22, and announced the refurb beginning with buildings 7 & 10 on 5/11/22. Maybe assuming they had all of their permits prior to announcement, they started in June/July (announced in July the refurb of the lobby). That's 2-3 months to complete 1 of the 4 sections, maybe that puts us into at least early 2023? It seemed like it took several months but less than a year for Music and Movies. Music is smaller at 1604 rooms vs. 1920 for Sports/Movies. It took from July 12 to Oct of 2021 for Movies' lobby. Other than try to ask several employees, I didn't invest any of my park time to try to investigate (I immediately get the image of me with my hands at my eyebrows, face pressed against un-curtained rooms at various locations).

We are staying at Sports for the first time in early December in a preferred room, and I’m working on my Touring Plans room request. From this super helpful thread, sounds like I want to request Building 10 to get a renovated room. I’m wondering - any recommendations on 1st vs 2nd vs 3rd floor? We are two able-bodied adults so stairs aren’t an issue. I guess I’m mostly wondering if noise from “upstairs neighbors” is an issue, especially in the renovated rooms with the non-carpeted floors? If so, I’ll probably request 3rd floor. If not, I’ll be lazy and request 1st!

We are staying at Sports for the first time in early December in a preferred room, and I’m working on my Touring Plans room request. From this super helpful thread, sounds like I want to request Building 10 to get a renovated room. I’m wondering - any recommendations on 1st vs 2nd vs 3rd floor? We are two able-bodied adults so stairs aren’t an issue. I guess I’m mostly wondering if noise from “upstairs neighbors” is an issue, especially in the renovated rooms with the non-carpeted floors? If so, I’ll probably request 3rd floor. If not, I’ll be lazy and request 1st!
Personally, I'd always go for 1st floor, if you're able to get the choice. We've been in the non carpeted rooms at Pop, Music, Movies and didn't feel the upstairs noise was an overbearing factor. In part, we are always back late at night and up super early, and I can't recall having upstairs neighbors who run back and forth late at night. Think we hear bathroom water noises more, which you hear no matter the floor. Our feet are usually so tired, that not having the flights of stairs is a small reprieve at night. More when the Pop rooms were newly renovated, there were some 1st floor guests complaining of upstairs noise, and I've heard booking CMs cite this. But most people still preferred to be in the renovated rooms over the carpeted ones.

This past trip, we were with very very loud snorers (in laws). I considered ear plugs, but instead kept the TV on low all night for white noise. I also got up earlier to get ready since the 4 adults were taking turns getting ready w/ 1 sink, and I used the bathroom fan/curtain to help not wake anyone early.

Building 9 in Home Run section opened today with refurbished rooms. I am in one now. I think I was the first person in the building. It looks really nice.
I left this morning at 9:30 and there was still equipment and workers on arm by parking of Bldg 9 on the upper floors. I wonder if it's only a partial opening.

If you have time to post a rundown on the current state of all Buildings that would be awesome.

Have a GRAND SLAM trip!
Just left Bldg 4, nothing happening back in Center Court or Hoops that I could see.

Bldg 6 looked completely closed, tons of workers.

Bldg 8 & 9 both had equipment and workers this morning.

All the trailers, equipment and closed parking lot is next to 8/9.

Lots of noise/smoke coming from somewhere between 6 and 7 one day. Jackhammer?

Thanks for the update HopperFan......
I'll add I was in an UN-renovated room. I had a choice of Music Renovated or Sports Un-Renovated for the same price and chose Sports.

My room was in excellent condition, furniture all fine and functional, fridge worked well, walls looked like they were painted (maybe during shutdown) and carpet was in like new condition. Bathroom was very clean. Bed was comfortable. As usual I hate the AC shutting off for lack of movement but expected.

The whole housekeeping thing is still an enigma to me. I had a choice of zero housekeeping or every other day. I chose every other. But they came every day - but it is still partial. They dropped towels, took trash but did not make bed. I guess they just can't hire enough people or they don't want to bring back housekeeping (future upcharge?) because staying offsite I get full housekeeping.

Overall the resort was in great condition, and service was very good.

EVERYONE (except housekeeping) was very friendly, always spoke, said hello, have a great day, can I help you ... I will say overall at resort and parks the CMs were more friendly than I've seen in 5 previous post-covid trips. My only guess is with DCP back perhaps there is some stress off of them.

I'll add I was in an UN-renovated room. I had a choice of Music Renovated or Sports Un-Renovated for the same price and chose Sports.

My room was in excellent condition, furniture all fine and functional, fridge worked well, walls looked like they were painted (maybe during shutdown) and carpet was in like new condition. Bathroom was very clean. Bed was comfortable. As usual I hate the AC shutting off for lack of movement but expected.

The whole housekeeping thing is still an enigma to me. I had a choice of zero housekeeping or every other day. I chose every other. But they came every day - but it is still partial. They dropped towels, took trash but did not make bed. I guess they just can't hire enough people or they don't want to bring back housekeeping (future upcharge?) because staying offsite I get full housekeeping.

Overall the resort was in great condition, and service was very good.

EVERYONE (except housekeeping) was very friendly, always spoke, said hello, have a great day, can I help you ... I will say overall at resort and parks the CMs were more friendly than I've seen in 5 previous post-covid trips. My only guess is with DCP back perhaps there is some stress off of them.
Thanks for the info.

Interesting that we were in a non-refurbed room in Building 6 last month and it did not have carpet.

The worst part of being in an "old" room again was trying to get used to the LITTLE TV!lol

I totally agree that the Resort looks GREAT-looked like lots of painting,pressure washing,etc. took place during the closure.

Thanks for the info.

Interesting that we were in a non-refurbed room in Building 6 last month and it did not have carpet.

The worst part of being in an "old" room again was trying to get used to the LITTLE TV!lol

I totally agree that the Resort looks GREAT-looked like lots of painting,pressure washing,etc. took place during the closure.
We were only there a few days (I wanted the bus back to hotel after MNSSHP) but our tv never made it past the DMD (new version of #MustDo) per DS request. I didn't even realize until now that you say it, they are what about 1/3 the size of the new ones?

So Bldg 6 is closed now - lots of rooms along pool had some old furniture or drapes in them but stripped down or stacked. So strange they'd put in the new floor but not finish the refurb.

We returned yesterday from a 4 night stay at Sports. Both baseball buildings were blocked off and there was construction happening, although I read someone was given a refurbished room there. Building 6 was also closed for refurbishment with a lot of work happening there.
Both football buildings are newly refurbished and operational. Nothing happening at buildings 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5. We stayed in building 4 (tennis) third floor in the back and it was extremely quiet.
Our room was the old style but very clean with a coffee maker and wood floor. The fridge kept things very cold. We did not have any housekeeping for our entire stay, not even for towels or trash. We also did not get a room check while we were in the room. We had breakfast at Music one morning and the place was packed with people versus Sports. With 3 buildings closed and most rooms old style I guess people are choosing the other two All Stars which made the resort extremely quiet.

The resort was very clean and the CM's (mostly) were friendly always saying hello, good morning etc. I had one issue at the food court where I bought a kid's meal and the cashier actually reached over and took away the apple slices from my tray saying they were not included. I showed her the board where it clearly stated that they were (even had a photo of the meal I bought saying 2 sides were included) but she claimed that the sides were for breakfast only and her manager would not allow it??? I didn't feel like escalating it so I gave in but it left a bad taste. That and being charged $2.50 for a small banana which costs 20 cents at the store! (DH needed it for his blood sugar and coming from Canada I could not bring any fruit with us). I had read about price gouging and yes, it is alive and thriving. In general, a family of four needs to have deep pockets for a week vacation at Disney even with eating only quick service unless they bring some of their own food.

We did not use the busses in the morning but anytime after noon up until late night we always shared busses with Music and Movies.
Disney Springs at around 9:00 p.m was especially bad with huge amounts of people waiting and one bus showed up to share among the 3 All Stars.

Last edited:
We returned yesterday from a 4 night stay at Sports. Both baseball buildings were blocked off and there was construction happening, although I read someone was given a refurbished room there. Building 6 was also closed for refurbishment with a lot of work happening there.
Both football buildings are newly refurbished and operational. Nothing happening at buildings 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5. We stayed in building 4 (tennis) third floor in the back and it was extremely quiet.
Our room was the old style but very clean with a coffee maker and wood floor. The fridge kept things very cold. We did not have any housekeeping for our entire stay, not even for towels or trash. We also did not get a room check while we were in the room. We had breakfast at Music one morning and the place was packed with people versus Sports. With 3 buildings closed and most rooms old style I guess people are choosing the other two All Stars which made the resort extremely quiet.

The resort was very clean and the CM's (mostly) were friendly always saying hello, good morning etc. I had one issue at the food court where I bought a kid's meal and the cashier actually reached over and took away the apple slices from my tray saying they were not included. I showed her the board where it clearly stated that they were (even had a photo of the meal I bought saying 2 sides were included) but she claimed that the sides were for breakfast only and her manager would not allow it??? I didn't feel like escalating it so I gave in but it left a bad taste. That and being charged $2.50 for a small banana which costs 20 cents at the store! (DH needed it for his blood sugar and coming from Canada I could not bring any fruit with us). I had read about price gouging and yes, it is alive and thriving. In general, a family of four needs to have deep pockets for a week vacation at Disney even with eating only quick service unless they bring some of their own food.

We did not use the busses in the morning but anytime after noon up until late night we always shared busses with Music and Movies.
Disney Springs at around 9:00 p.m was especially bad with huge amounts of people waiting and one bus showed up to share among the 3 All Stars.
Thanks for the report.

I agree about the light crowds at Sports because of the closed buildings.

We stayed there last month and it feels like staying VIP-style with no waits in the Food Court,plenty of loungers at all times at the Pools,etc.!

Sports will NEVER see times like these again!

Too bad about the apples and price gouged banana-price gouging and nickel and diming are part of the experience these days.

We got back Wednesday from Sports.

We also stayed in Building 4 in the back, but floor 2.

Our room had carpet!

We had "housekeeping" come every day with fresh towels taking old, taking all the trash, freshening bathroom and refilling cups & coffee.

So weird to have such different experiences in same place, same building at same time.

FOOD COURT was unacceptable pricing and I said so in my follow up survey.

Are there ceiling fans at Sports? I have a very hard time sleeping without a fan.
Is it a temperature thing, or do you like the white noise from a fan? If the latter, I travel with this and absolutely love it (I don’t care for the white noise apps because they all sound too “electronic” for my tastes - this one is pretty true white noise).

Yogasleep Rohm Portable White Noise Sound Machine, 3 Soothing Natural Sounds with Volume Control, Sleep Therapy For Adults, Kids & Baby, Noise Cancelling for Office Privacy & Meditation, Registry Gift https://a.co/d/42ERdJz

Is it a temperature thing, or do you like the white noise from a fan? If the latter, I travel with this and absolutely love it (I don’t care for the white noise apps because they all sound too “electronic” for my tastes - this one is pretty true white noise).

Yogasleep Rohm Portable White Noise Sound Machine, 3 Soothing Natural Sounds with Volume Control, Sleep Therapy For Adults, Kids & Baby, Noise Cancelling for Office Privacy & Meditation, Registry Gift https://a.co/d/42ERdJz
It is more of an air movement thing, but I think sound also

I'm finally taking my solo trip (postponed from August) and only AllStars available is Sports. I have a few questions:
1. Are there coffee makers in all the rooms? Fridges/bev coolers?
2. Do I need to buy a refillable mug to get coffee in the food court?
3. Are there hairdryers in the rooms?
4. Do they handle resort delivery (i.e., can I get a grocery order delivered)?
5. What is the status of housekeeping?

All these things are industry-standard everyplace but Disney. If ASSp is too basic, I might have to spend more money on my accommodations or stay offsite. TIA

Are there ceiling fans at Sports? I have a very hard time sleeping without a fan.

I always travel with a fan . I need the sound so I don’t hear anybody flushing the toilets but I also need it to circulate the air. You can’t open a window anymore.. It helps a little to create a breeze maybe .
It always makes me happy to enter a room and see a ceiling fan
But I still use the fan I brought to muffle noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter