Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort Room Refurbishments Moving Forward

Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort is set to receive room refurbishments. The other hotels in the All-Star series have had their refurbishments completed, and while planDisney stated that Sports was still on the roster, very few (if any) rooms have been refurbishments.

According to crew members involved in the project, the delay was due to supply chain issues and product quality. Disney decided to go ahead and reopen the resort, hoping to come back to the project at a later date.

Refurbishment is set to begin with buildings 7 and 10 (football). No time frame for completion has been given at this time.

Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort Room Refurbishments Moving Forward

Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort is set to receive room refurbishments. The other hotels in the All-Star series have had their refurbishments completed, and while planDisney stated that Sports was still on the roster, very few (if any) rooms have been refurbishments.

According to crew members involved in the project, the delay was due to supply chain issues and product quality. Disney decided to go ahead and reopen the resort, hoping to come back to the project at a later date.

Refurbishment is set to begin with buildings 7 and 10 (football). No time frame for completion has been given at this time.
I guess bldgs. 7/10 allows them to still sell Standard and Preferred meanwhile. Hopefully they do resume work, but I won't expect it for my stay in less than 4 mo's.

It's becoming easier to select off site, without Magical Express, and these prices. I think our early Sept booking (Value season 2, one of the cheapest rates), with the D+ discount was still like $175/night (extra fee for 4 adults). It seems like I booked Pop 3rd party sale for like $129 late 2019, it's now $217/night for us. But every time we take relatives, like the upcoming trip, we always have to stay on property.

Our "cheaper" trip last week was at a Motel 6 for $67/night, rented a car. Offset to the car rental were cheaper Allegiant flights from SFB. We were nearly as close as the All Stars to the parks. Yes, we lost early entry, but we did everything we wanted numerous times. Never bought individual LL (who cares that you can't book those at 7am).

We are just back from D2 Summit and they had started to put papers in the windows of all the rooms in the football section. We were put into the Baseball Section and did have a coffee maker in the room. It was a clean room, but you could tell they were overwhelmed with the amount of people in the resort compared to staff. Garbage was not being taken out most days and when it was they left in large bags outside the rooms for hours. Talking with bell services as we waited for our transfer to Universal they said for the next month and a half that sports would be used for Special Olympics coming down.

We are just back from D2 Summit and they had started to put papers in the windows of all the rooms in the football section. We were put into the Baseball Section and did have a coffee maker in the room. It was a clean room, but you could tell they were overwhelmed with the amount of people in the resort compared to staff. Garbage was not being taken out most days and when it was they left in large bags outside the rooms for hours. Talking with bell services as we waited for our transfer to Universal they said for the next month and a half that sports would be used for Special Olympics coming down.
I'm glad we're not there during June I guess. I'm not sure there would be any sports/cheer events that would affect us in early Sept. I mostly expect the cheer events during the 1st qtr.

That stinks you may have to take your own trash out. But nice to have in room coffee/tea.

Just curious how housekeeping is these days? Last fall it was non-existent, except for getting fresh towels and trash removal Is it normal, like daily yet? Also, my friends are suppose to stay here next week. I'm assuming, if they don't have a coffee maker in their room that they might could request one?

Just curious how housekeeping is these days? Last fall it was non-existent, except for getting fresh towels and trash removal Is it normal, like daily yet? Also, my friends are suppose to stay here next week. I'm assuming, if they don't have a coffee maker in their room that they might could request one?
We were there last week and it is pretty much no housekeeping at all. Didn't remove trash (even when were asked if we wanted every other day) and they didn't replace the towels, we had to ask them for them. They seemed very overwhelmed and not staff as much in the past. We were there with cheer so there were a lot of people there, but not at capacity as they are not using the football area.

Hi guys! Would anyone happen to have a photo of the Recreation Calendar they can share? Thank you!!

We were there last week and it is pretty much no housekeeping at all. Didn't remove trash (even when were asked if we wanted every other day) and they didn't replace the towels, we had to ask them for them. They seemed very overwhelmed and not staff as much in the past. We were there with cheer so there were a lot of people there, but not at capacity as they are not using the football area.
Sorry if I missed this - are they allowing you to order at the dining hall outside of mobile order at Sports now? We noticed last week, the parks were allowing QS ordering on the spot. Maybe that's been going on for a while, but it was still exclusively mobile ordering in the parks at least, when we were last there in early Jan.

Can you self service drinks late at night or is it only during cafeteria hours?

Sorry if I missed this - are they allowing you to order at the dining hall outside of mobile order at Sports now? We noticed last week, the parks were allowing QS ordering on the spot. Maybe that's been going on for a while, but it was still exclusively mobile ordering in the parks at least, when we were last there in early Jan.

Can you self service drinks late at night or is it only during cafeteria hours?
You can order at the quick service now. It seemed just as busy last week as it has in the past (crazy but was good to see the craziness again!) We never went after hours for drinks so I am not sure if you can do late night or not.

You can order at the quick service now. It seemed just as busy last week as it has in the past (crazy but was good to see the craziness again!) We never went after hours for drinks so I am not sure if you can do late night or not.
We stayed at Music and not Sports last winter, and I feel like the microwave was also open for use back then, I didn't use toaster, but I'd assume it was available too. And I can't remember on beverage stations, but I feel like we did some late night/early fill ups. I would have remembered that if we couldn't get a drink after a late night at the parks. I asked a CM recently when booking my Sports reservation, and of course she said that you can only use the beverage island during cafeteria hours. Which doesn't sound right.

I’m here now, in Homerun Hotel. It’s clean but definitely 1995-ish. The football buildings are being updated, you can see nice furnishings being installed. Looks like they are painting interiors right now. Doesn’t look too far from being done. It’s quiet here right now, tons of loungers available during the day, very little shade/umbrellas though. We were in the room when housekeeping came yesterday and saw them cleaning other rooms so that seems to be back. There is a coffee maker in our room and housekeeping was happy to replenish. The whole resort is spotless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!