Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Hey everyone! long time lurker here. I also have a reservation in mid december for sports. I haven't received the email yet. For those of you who got it, was your vacation paid off already? Should I pay off my vacation so that I have the option of being moved, do you think?

We have a reservation for one night only beginning 1/4 for Marathon Weekend, other nights our with our DVC. We received an email today that said Sports wouldn’t be open on the my reservation date and to call my travel planner to rebook. I made the reservation on Priceline (I was told by a travel agent who specializes in Disney that they couldn’t match that price.) I spent over an hour on hold and periodically talking to a cast member (Johnny) to be finally told that someone (either Disney or Priceline) would contact me by 12/4 to rebook and assured me that it would be a Disney resort. The 4 week language was not in the email I received, I had to read the language in my email to the cast member as he kept saying the email should say they would contact me within the 4 week window. Also, our hotel reservation was already paid

At this time, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will remain closed while we take the opportunity to refresh the Sports theme area, and we look forward to sharing a new reopening date for rooms in the Sports theme at a later time.

Wonder if this means they are redoing the rooms????? or just some other cosmetic refresh?

At this time, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will remain closed while we take the opportunity to refresh the Sports theme area, and we look forward to sharing a new reopening date for rooms in the Sports theme at a later time.

Wonder if this means they are redoing the rooms????? or just some other cosmetic refresh?
Both, they are refurbing the rooms and supposedly changing up some of the icons.

My email also mentioned that Disney would be in touch four weeks ahead of our arrival (12/18/21) for rebooking. We shall see. I'm not altogether comfortable waiting so long.

I'm booked for Christmas week...literally nothing available right now. I have not yet received the email and I'm starting to panic a bit. I guess I'll give it some time, but I can't see myself waiting for the end of November to see where I land.....

I have a reservation for next March to coincide with the new RunDisney Spring race. I received a survey of how likely I'll keep it and the whys it would change etc. I was wondering why I got it for that and not my reservations in Dec at AOA.

With the survey I wasn't surprised with the announcement. May not be open by then either.

Got notice this week about our Marathon Weekend stay at Sports being temporarily placed into limbo - and they will let us know 4 weeks prior to check-in where we will be staying.

Any guesses on what the offer will be????? or hoping it will be????
In Feb we were booked similarly…a preferred room at movies. We were offered a finding Nemo suite at AOA. Hopefully someone will report back once they’ve gotten the call👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter