Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at Sports in July 06 for our first ever WDW trip. We loved it. My son is a sports nut, and he turned 9 that week, so he picked the resort. We got towel animals every day and balloons and a card from Mickey and Minnie on his birthday. I had booked this trip at Pop, to try something different, but could only get Sports with the discount codes. I did not hesitate to switch!

We were in the tennis building last year. When you learn the shortcuts, nothing is too far away!

it is so nice to hear such great things about AS Sports. This resort has been our disney home for many years. I always loved sitting by surf's up pool late at nite sipping on a strawberry daiquiri from Team Spirits, the poolside bar.

We're just back from Sports and enjoyed it very much. The main pool was being refurbished which was an annoyance, but we still loved it. I've got some photos in my trip report & will be putting in more as I continue it. It has a nice Disney feel, and I also thought a bit of a Carnival cruise feel. Maybe others won't see that as a compliment, but I quite enjoyed our 3 cruises.

estherhead what was your favorite food at the food court? They all seem to have something that stands out.popcorn::

Oooo, I might not be the right one to ask as we didn't venture far at the Food Court from Chicken Tenders & fries. I did have a veggie burger which was good and a cheeseburger which was also good. But I didn't try any of the specials.

The pastries were awesome. The chocolate croissants are always a favorite of mine.

And for breakfast my fam lived on chocolate pancakes with strawberry sauce. Yummy!

First of all, I tried to quote and screwed something up. Someone wanted to know if the food court had a toaster, and yes it does.

We have stayed at Sports twice (me, DH and 2 DS's now 10 and 14). We just returned from a 5 night stay the last week of August. We have enjoyed ourselves both times. In my opinion, for the $$, All Stars cannot be beat. Bus service is good (although crowded). We've never seemed to wait long for a bus to or from the parks/DTD. The food court can be very crowded. The amount of choices didn't seem to be as good this time as from what I remember in 2001. But it's good for a quick lunch or breakfast. We've never had problems with alot of kids/teens running around, being loud as I have read in other reviews. I think it depends on when you are there. On this most recent trip, we were in Hoops, 3rd floor towards the back and it was very quiet. Our room has always been clean and comfortable for the 4 of us. On this last trip, we had a wonderful mousekeeper who did towel animals and had stuffed animals (including our Pal Mickey) peeking out the windows. The pool bar is great. Finally, unless you have very little ones or really don't like to walk, IMHO I would not pay for a preferred room. As I said above, we were in Hoops, in the back, 3rd fl, and it didn't seem like a long walk to Stadium Hall (food court, buses). I would recommend Sports, as long as you realize it's a value resort and know what to expect. :)

Does anyone have pictures they can post of a rehabbed room at All Star Sports?

I don't know if this is refurbished or not but it is in Surf's Up and I took photos with all our junk in it so you can see how everything fit. We had super comfy beds & fluffy pillows. The only place I noticed dirt was behind the TV on the carpet & the only reason I was back there was to hide a present. Really, don't we all have dust behind our TV cabinet? :rotfl:

In that last photo it looks like the carpet is stained but I swear to you it did not look like that in person. So maybe it is shadowed or something. I didn't notice any obvious stains or wear or tear. And as I said, I was all over the room as I hid presents for my girls everyday. There were no broken tiles in the bathroom, nothing chipped, the mattresses were amazing and were being replaced again while we were there.

No worries, IMHO.

If you fax request are they generally accepted? All we requested in our reservation was to have connecting rooms, but I am worried about having an old smoking room! I have 2 children with severe asthma, and last time we stayed at POP I requested nonsmoking, when we got to our room it was smoking, and would couldn't switch it was late at night and the hotel was full! I ended up staying up all night giving ventolin to my kids every hour to prevent asthmatic attack, they were wheezy when I went down to front desk in the morning, and they switched us that day! I really hate to be picky, but I don't want to go through that again!:sad2:

we just got back on sat. after 10 days. Last year we stayed at CBR this year ASsport. I'll admit I liked sport better even with the one pool being down for rehab. We were in bldg 7 on the 1st floor and never heard any of the commotion. The room was newly rehabbed and smelled of new carpet. Bldg 7, while not preferred, was very close to the main bldg. The food court was often crowded but not congested. The laundry room washers and dryers worked as advertised. Upon check out the line to check the bags for ME return was about 20min. but I waited till after breakfast to jump in line (before breakfast it was walk up). While the busses were crowded, wait times were reasonable. A couple nights we waited a half hour at MK. But the luck of transportation was on our side most of the trip where we walked up to the bus stop just in time for the next bus.

yeah, it is a value resort... but at Disney we get up kinda early and stay out kinda late so we are in the room a total of 8 hours a day to sleep and that’s it. No reason to spend more on amenities you are not using (moderate sends a bellman to your room to collect your bags for ME at check out, that is not worth the additional $60 a night that a moderate charges, and would be the only amenity that we used that I noticed was lacking from our moderate stay.)

UPDATE: At the All Star Sports Resort, the Surfboard Bay Pool and kiddie pool are closed for refurbishment through September 20, 2007.

Just read this and thought I would pass it on.:hippie:

UPDATE: At the All Star Sports Resort, the Surfboard Bay Pool and kiddie pool are closed for refurbishment through September 20, 2007.

Does that make it all pools now? I'm not sure of the names. Thanks.

Does that make it all pools now? I'm not sure of the names. Thanks.

No. Surfboard Bay & kiddie pool are in the same area. Then there is the baseball pool (I think it's called Grand Slam pool?) That's a separate pool, smaller than Surfboard Bay.

Do you mean 2008? We are going in December, and if it is a warm evening we would love to take our little fish out for a swim. :fish:

Are all pools open now? I saw that there was some construction going on. We are heading down at the end of October.

For those of you asking about Christmas decorations. Yes they have plenty of decorations up all around the resort. Or at least they did last year. Nothing really outside just in the main areas. We loved ASSports and would love to be going back right now. :rotfl: I will try to locate some decorations pictures for you too.

For those of you asking about Christmas decorations. Yes they have plenty of decorations up all around the resort. Or at least they did last year. Nothing really outside just in the main areas. We loved ASSports and would love to be going back right now. :rotfl: I will try to locate some decorations pictures for you too.

That would be great! I would love to see the holiday decorations at the AsSp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter