Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

From someone at Pop now, the report is that they are back to 6:30 opening. So you really can’t get anything from the food courts and make ripe drop of EEMH.
I was not aware of that, thanks. I just remembered reading the article.

Switched to a stay here for mid-October (from AoA). Had a reservation for the little Mermaid Rooms, but couldn't stomach the cost and couldn't find a discount, so I switched to All-Star Sports to save $75/night. I was not going to pay over $200 for a value/sized room even if it was themed to the Little Mermaid (which my daughter would have loved). Though I will miss that access to the skyliner, but we will probably just hop on it for fun a few times.

Anyway.This is our final trip with our AP, and we've stayed at All-Star Movies (loved it) .. All-Star Music (was okay, but didn't like how far the Standard rooms were away from everything (farther than the other values). Thought we would finish the tri-fecta with a Stay at All-Star Sports. We preferred the food at Movies over Music.

Going cheap and just getting a Standard room (all was available for the AP discount). What is the preferred standard building? I was thinking of the baseball section simply because it seems not too far from the main building and it has its own pool. I also usually request a "landscape" view to NOT be facing the pool.

Any other advice at staying at AS Sports compared to the other All-Stars?

Family of four .. two kids (2 and 7). So the small rooms are no issue for us at this point.

Preferred standard is part of Surfs up buildings and parts of the football building. The landscape side of Surfs up is the quietest area of the resort. Have a great trip.
Thanks .. because I only had "Standard" available .. my "Standard room" options was Baseball, Basketball or Tennis. Are any of those better than others?

Good to know what is Preferred versus Standard. (Makes sense due to location) .. though ANY of these "Standard" buildings seem infinitely closer than the Music ones! We'll like that.

Are there any school events happening Oct. 14-19 (where can I look that up?) I hear that Sports is sometimes the preferred hotel for those big football/cheerleading/dance groups that can turn a stay at a Value from pleasant to annoying.

Thanks .. because I only had "Standard" available .. my "Standard room" options was Baseball, Basketball or Tennis. Are any of those better than others?

Good to know what is Preferred versus Standard. (Makes sense due to location) .. though ANY of these "Standard" buildings seem infinitely closer than the Music ones! We'll like that.

Are there any school events happening Oct. 14-19 (where can I look that up?) I hear that Sports is sometimes the preferred hotel for those big football/cheerleading/dance groups that can turn a stay at a Value from pleasant to annoying.
I like baseball because it’s right next to music so at the end night you’ve got 2 bus choices. I don’t see anything other than horror nights and Disney’s Halloween parties for those dates. The only rooms at Sports I’m not fond of are the ones directly on the football field, it’s louder than a poolside room.

ALL of Surf's Up! and ALL of Touchdown! are Preferred and all of Hoops Hotel,Center Court and Home Run Hotel are Standard.

I would request Home Run Hotel because it has its "own" Pool and Laundry,is close to All-Star Music and is one of the best-themed sections in any WDW resort IMO.

Request Home Run Hotel/ Building 9/side opposite Grand Slam Pool/close to Touchdown!.

From those rooms you can walk along the "back" of Touchdown! Building 10 and be at the Bus Stops in a couple of minutes.

Switched to a stay here for mid-October (from AoA). Had a reservation for the little Mermaid Rooms, but couldn't stomach the cost and couldn't find a discount, so I switched to All-Star Sports to save $75/night. I was not going to pay over $200 for a value/sized room even if it was themed to the Little Mermaid (which my daughter would have loved). Though I will miss that access to the skyliner, but we will probably just hop on it for fun a few times.

Anyway.This is our final trip with our AP, and we've stayed at All-Star Movies (loved it) .. All-Star Music (was okay, but didn't like how far the Standard rooms were away from everything (farther than the other values). Thought we would finish the tri-fecta with a Stay at All-Star Sports. We preferred the food at Movies over Music.

Going cheap and just getting a Standard room .. two kids (2 and 7). So the small rooms are no issue for us at this point.
We stayed twice at AoA 2014 and 2017 from the UK my daughter loved it as she was then 6 then again age 9. We are returning in 2020 but the price is so much more it's pricing is out with long haul flight too so trying Sports and hope it doesn't disappoint. We just want to be in the Disney bubble

Thankyou very much.
I want to add that when they say credit cards, they may not (and by may not, I mean won't) accept AmEx. This might not be a problem for you, but here's my tale of woe.

I used the laundry for the first time in August (Art of Animation, but I'm assuming they're all the same). At that point in the trip I had very little cash (just enough for maid tips), all the $$ was on Disney cards, and I only had AmEx. I bought the soap ok.but when it came time to buy the machine time, it was a no go. Clothes loaded in the washer already, I raced to the front desk and buy a card from them. Cash only--back to the room for the tip money. The CM said it shouldn't have been a problem, but there you go.

Other than that, it was a breeze. Make sure to use the website to see which machines are available, when your load is done, etc.

ALL of Surf's Up! and ALL of Touchdown! are Preferred and all of Hoops Hotel,Center Court and Home Run Hotel are Standard.

I would request Home Run Hotel because it has its "own" Pool and Laundry,is close to All-Star Music and is one of the best-themed sections in any WDW resort IMO.

Request Home Run Hotel/ Building 9/side opposite Grand Slam Pool/close to Touchdown!.

From those rooms you can walk along the "back" of Touchdown! Building 10 and be at the Bus Stops in a couple of minutes.

I was going to ask when Sports got pool and not-pool designations with Preferred. Thanks for clarifying!

We stayed twice at AoA 2014 and 2017 from the UK my daughter loved it as she was then 6 then again age 9. We are returning in 2020 but the price is so much more it's pricing is out with long haul flight too so trying Sports and hope it doesn't disappoint. We just want to be in the Disney bubble
So far the Value's haven't disappointed .. especially at the prices and "relatively" short trips my family takes. Most times, the Values are cheaper than most "off the freeway" hotels we use on the drive down. Those usually include breakfast, but still.

While the theming seems great for the Little Mermaid rooms, just doesn't seem to worth the cost yet for a 3yo. Maybe for a 6 or 9yo girl! :)

So far the Value's haven't disappointed .. especially at the prices and "relatively" short trips my family takes. Most times, the Values are cheaper than most "off the freeway" hotels we use on the drive down. Those usually include breakfast, but still.

While the theming seems great for the Little Mermaid rooms, just doesn't seem to worth the cost yet for a 3yo. Maybe for a 6 or 9yo girl! :)
I think either of the Hoops buildings are the closest standard rooms to the food court but the Home Run section is nice because you are also close to Music and can utilize their pool/food court as well.

I think either of the Hoops buildings are the closest standard rooms to the food court but the Home Run section is nice because you are also close to Music and can utilize their pool/food court as well.
Thanks. I didn't realize how close these All-Stars are to each other until I stayed at Music last year and saw the backside of Movies :). I definitely see that walking to the buses/dining hall at Music could be just as close as Sports depending where your room is in the Home Run Section.

What kind of coffee pot is currently in the All Star Sports rooms? We plan to bring our own coffee and creamer and wasn't sure what to purchase.

What kind of coffee pot is currently in the All Star Sports rooms? We plan to bring our own coffee and creamer and wasn't sure what to purchase.

Non refurbished rooms don't have coffee makers. Refurbished rooms have a 2 cup Cuisinart that take the flat round pods.

Non refurbished rooms don't have coffee makers. Refurbished rooms have a 2 cup Cuisinart that take the flat round pods.
Are any of the Sports rooms refurbished? I didn't think they had started or even had a start date at sports yet? If they have do we know what buildings they've started and if we know when they'll be done?

Are any of the Sports rooms refurbished? I didn't think they had started or even had a start date at sports yet? If they have do we know what buildings they've started and if we know when they'll be done?
As far as I know, they haven’t started yet. They are supposed to do music before sports

Just back from a 9 night stay at ASSp; we stayed in a preferred room, 6363, in Surf's Up! that overlooked the pool and was a quick trip to the food court and bus stops. We thought pool noise might bother us, but we were so tired every night it was a non-issue. Rooms were quiet. I know there were 3 little boys in the room next to us and either they were absolutely perfect, or we couldn't hear a peep thru the walls.

No coffee maker; water pressure was great, and of course had all the full-sized toiletries in the shower (shampoo, conditioner & body wash). Mini fridge worked just fine for us & kept everything adequately cool. Despite only being double beds, once again we were so tired every day that they were a non issue and we were out cold.

Food court had decent offerings. DH got a QS nightly from there. We didn't have breakfast there at all, but it looked good. Loaded up on drinks, chips and cookies to finish of our dining plan credits. DD had a ramen bowl that was delicious, and I had a honey mustard chicken wrap from the refrigerated section that I also liked. On our arrival day, DD was dressed head to toe in Stitch and had her Stitch purse and stuffed Stitch, and a CM noticed and gifted her a Stitch cupcake.

Really enjoyed Grandstand Spirits. The bartenders were great, and they had some good local beers available.

DD (turned 11 on our trip) spent 2 hours every day in the pool. She loved the afternoon activities and made slime, tie-dye shirts, did a dance party, and watched several movies after dark out there. With lifeguards on duty, DH and I could either enjoy the bar or take a nap.

I know we were lucky because we were there at a down time and there were no teams around, but we would absolutely stay here again.

I love sports, but no All Stars are showing ANY availability the week AFTER the cheer leading happens next April, so we are hoping for some openings!

I stayed at this resort one night prior to a longer WDW trip in August. I had not been to the All-Stars before, and absolutely LOVED it. I normally stay AKL, and the service here was everything one expects from Disney.

I certainly look forward to future stays!

Is the bus service usually excellent? That was one thing I loved. They seem to come constantly, and these resorts seem well serviced. I know its extremely subjective, and I was only there one night. But poor quality bus service seems to be an increasing issue, and here it could not have been better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter