Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I am sure this has been asked countless times on here, but since this is my 1st stay here does all stars buses pick up As music and movies every trip going to the parks? I know when I was at epcot they always shared all the same buses. TIA.

We have a total of 45 nights across all 3 All Stars and have been on a shared bus a grand total of 4 times. Each time there were maybe 5 other people on the bus. They only share during the slow parts of the day.

I am sure this has been asked countless times on here, but since this is my 1st stay here does all stars buses pick up As music and movies every trip going to the parks? I know when I was at epcot they always shared all the same buses. TIA.

No. We stayed there a couple years ago, and very rarely shared. The only times we shared was the couple times we headed back to the resort in the afternoon. When we did share (I think twice) there was only a few other people on the bus. We did share to/from DS both times we went there. It was a mess leaving DS one evening around 10 (the line was massive and no buses came for a good 30-40 minutes), but other than that no issues with sharing buses.

No. We stayed there a couple years ago, and very rarely shared. The only times we shared was the couple times we headed back to the resort in the afternoon. When we did share (I think twice) there was only a few other people on the bus. We did share to/from DS both times we went there. It was a mess leaving DS one evening around 10 (the line was massive and no buses came for a good 30-40 minutes), but other than that no issues with sharing buses.
Thanks for info...much appreciatted

I've stayed at All Star Sports twice in the last couple years. During those trips, we never shared buses with the other all stars. I've heard that that might happen during times of less demand, like mid afternoon. We generally went to the parks in the morning and returned in the evening and never stopped at the other all stars.

I am sure this has been asked countless times on here, but since this is my 1st stay here does all stars buses pick up As music and movies every trip going to the parks?

Here is some info you may find helpful.:)

I kept a "log" during one of my trips to All-Star Sports.

(Times are actual "Travel Times"-they don't include "waiting for the bus times").

It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes
from Music to Movies

I also did some Park Hopping:

Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.

Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
Express Monorail----4 minutes

Friendship between Epcot and DHS----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18-
Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
(BOG Breakfast!)
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

Time to board THE SAD BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

Interesting, WEDWDW, and thanks for the detail. I think that more or less supports my theory (with a couple exceptions) that bus sharing tends to occur at periods of lower demand, like late morning to late afternoon, and the earlier morning and later evening runs are more often direct. Your record more or less bears that out. We rarely, if ever, came back to the resort mid-day, so all of our bus trips in the morning and evening were direct.

We were there August 31-September 8. We only shared buses twice, both in the afternoon. Sports is the first stop of the All Stars which is one of the reasons I chose it and it worked out great. We were very happy with bus service. 9 days and our worst wait was on our last day. 15 minutes. Usually it was around 5.

It's only during the slow times of day that All Star buses are shared. The resorts are so close together it's not a big deal.

Now if I was staying at a Deluxe and shared buses I would be really annoyed. You don't usually hear people complain about shared buses at the Deluxe or Moderate resorts even though they all share buses.

No they usually only do it at slower times. I’ve stayed at sports on numerous occasions and can count on one hand how many times I’ve actually had to bus share.

Great idea about hiding the key....never thought of that. Thanks!!!
Don’t do it. If you can think of a place to hide a key a person who works in and out of the rooms on a daily basis will know about it. I usually put the key in my wallet that way it’s out of the way and very unlikely to be lost.

Don’t do it. If you can think of a place to hide a key a person who works in and out of the rooms on a daily basis will know about it. I usually put the key in my wallet that way it’s out of the way and very unlikely to be lost.
I just wish they had the same safes as pop. It was great using that. Considerd pop again bu wow prices are high for a "value" and to be honest I thought the staff Wasn't that great this time around.

I just wish they had the same safes as pop. It was great using that. Considerd pop again bu wow prices are high for a "value" and to be honest I thought the staff Wasn't that great this time around.
The problem with the electronic safes is if there is a power failure and the internal battery has died, they automically pop open. I’d put money on it the batteries haven’t been changed since install. The doors are good example of Disney not changing batteries out in a timely manner. I’ll stick with the key at least it’s foolproff unless I loose the key

The problem with the electronic safes is if there is a power failure and the internal battery has died, they automically pop open. I’d put money on it the batteries haven’t been changed since install. The doors are good example of Disney not changing batteries out in a timely manner. I’ll stick with the key at least it’s foolproff unless I loose the key
Good point

Is it safe to assume that in September, renovations at Sports will still have not begun?

If I read correctly, Movies still has about 5 buildings left and then they will begin at Music.

Hello all - where can i find a list of room numbers? I know I would like building 9 but am unsure of the numbers in wing I would prefer. Thanks!

....I've booked a 2-nite stay at ASSp later this month [my DS was accepted to the DCP]. I'm paying for a 'Preferred room'. Can anyone give me specific room numbers that would be closest to Stadium Hall? I'm assuming we'll be in one of the Surf's Up buildings, but I have osteoarthritis in both knees and was also diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica [like a rheumatoid arthritis, but affects my muscles, not the joints], so I cannot walk too far....and no, I probably am not going to be visiting any parks.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter