Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Just checked in to AS Sports
Totally underwhelmed.
Pop is much nicer.
Bed is just this plain white cover with plain white pillow no bed spread or bed runner.
No towel animals or anything.
I don't know how to post a photo.

Just checked in to AS Sports
Totally underwhelmed.
Pop is much nicer.
Bed is just this plain white cover with plain white pillow no bed spread or bed runner.
No towel animals or anything.
I don't know how to post a photo.
I had heard towel animals were gone sometime last year (or even earlier) on the Values (though maybe not Pop based on your comments).

I had heard towel animals were gone sometime last year (or even earlier) on the Values (though maybe not Pop based on your comments).

Just to shed some light on the towel animals. I posted this about 8 months ago but still stands as true. And this is across all resort levels, not just Values.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers use to make the animals are towels that are going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, they have decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

Just to shed some light on the towel animals. I posted this about 8 months ago but still stands as true. And this is across all resort levels, not just Values.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers use to make the animals are towels that are going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals every day, they have decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.
Thank you for that insight on it!

We just returned from an 8 night stay at All Star Sports. It was me, my DD (needs a roll in shower as although she can walk, she can't walk long distances like Disney so we use a wheelchair there, and can't stand in the shower due to POTS, she could pass out), and her classmate.

We were in room 1318, preferred king/double roll in shower room.

Comparing it to Pop, All Star Sports was smaller, although we didn't even walk around. Our room was nice and close to the food court, which we used a LOT! We got dinner there probably at least 5 times, and lunch 4. We never did breakfast, as we never got going before lunchtime (18 year olds, wanted to sleep in, which was fine by me). Any time we were in the food court, it was not busy at ALL (compared to Pop, which seemed many times to be crazy busy). But, last day, I walked to the gift shop in the morning and saw amazing breakfast lines! Glad we had breakfast in the room! It was nuts!

The food court options seem kind of limited, but we were always in the mood for something simple, so it was all good. One thing we appreciated was the day we arrived, got in at 9:30, dropped off our carry on bags at the resort, got to Epcot by noon, spent 5 hours there, and were spent! We ordered pasta from the room service menu, and it was so appreciated! We were like zombies unpacking. Service was prompt. Price - like 1/3 of room service at a deluxe resort. Now, it does come in cardboard containers, but we were tired and hungry.

Rooms were clean enough, and the housekeeping left us tons of towels. Appreciated them, since the roll in shower does make the one bathroom wet (and I tidied it up daily).

Bus service was excellent. We almost never waited more than five minutes for a bus. Most times we also stopped at Music for a quick stop, but it was very good as far as bus service goes.

I'm not into sports, so the theme was just "meh", but DD liked the fishy theme of surfs up, so that was cool!

Room was pretty similar to Pop, size and everything (last trip we stayed in the same king/double roll in shower at Pop).

I know there were cheer teams staying while we were, but we must have slept in past when they were around, because we honestly never saw them!

From our room, when Illuminations is going on, we could walk down a few rooms and see the fireworks from the walkway (3rd floor).

I ordered water, yogurt, breakfast pastries, juice, beer, wine, almond milk, iced coffee, cheese, crackers, and toiletries from Safeway. The Safeway delivery person brought it right to the room. Awesome (and I used them again when I got home). I had my own travel coffee maker but thought the girls wanted iced coffees. Oh well, the bell men got the leftovers! Highly recommend Safeway!

The bus stops were confusing as to where to line up with a wheelchair. We finally figured it out though! Most stops make sense, but a couple share stops so it's unclear! Like Animal Kingdom shares a handicapped line with the bus for Disney Springs.

All in all, it's a decent place to sleep, and the price was much better than other Disney hotels. Nice to try something new!

All Star Sports is our favorite. We have been to Disney World ten times, and have stayed there 7 of the ten. We like being closer to everything, and you are when you are there. Especially in a preferred room. You don't have to walk far to anything. Also, there are less little kids, more teenagers and adults (which is what we are). We also like the sports theme. Our favorite! The rooms are very simple, only full size beds (if you get a double room). All we do at the resort is eat, shower, sleep - so it is perfect. Nothing fancy, just simple and clean.

We are going to try sports this summer. I am cutting a night off my universal stay and adding another Disney night. We had booked pop but couldn't add the night there. My bff loves all star so I hope we do too. We have 2 rooms and booked preferred.

I am ready ...after six snow storms in a month..and two in one week..YUP ..we need sun and warmth.. We have 53 days I think....we booked preferred room, and hopefully pool view..so anxious...cant contain myself..hahaha.. those who are going...have a good time

Funny Pop was mentioned, me and the gf normally stay at pop but the past two trips we have done all stars. This coming trip I asked her if she wanted to upgrade to pop because the price difference wasn't significant. She told me nope, she likes that we don't have to walk 5 miles to the lobby and the rooms really don't feel that different

Funny Pop was mentioned, me and the gf normally stay at pop but the past two trips we have done all stars. This coming trip I asked her if she wanted to upgrade to pop because the price difference wasn't significant. She told me nope, she likes that we don't have to walk 5 miles to the lobby and the rooms really don't feel that different
Good to know. We like pop. We did a lm room at aoa a few trips ago. I just hope for connecting rooms. Last trip we did cbr not sure I will go back. It was okay just okay

Good to know. We like pop. We did a lm room at aoa a few trips ago. I just hope for connecting rooms. Last trip we did cbr not sure I will go back. It was okay just okay

I will note that we don't spend a lot of time at the resort, we don't utilize the pools and we're always hopping on a bus to go somewhere. For us it's a place to sleep and catch a late night meal, All stars has fit the bill. Our main concerns are transportation not taking forever and food court not being packed all the time. Having a cute theme is always a bonus

Some time this year we will stay at a nicer resort on property (most likely when we have blackout dates and can actually appreciate our resorts offerings) I do love Pop though, and have never stayed at AOA but have always wanted to.

We will use the pool but not much else. We tend to spend a lot of time in the parks. Aoa is nice. We didn't mind the walk to the lm room. At pop we didn't hit the food court too often. Mostly I would walk and get drinks for everyone. We are looking forward to staying at all star. We have 2 rooms. Cbr was way too spread out for us and I didn't like the bus stops.

I actually jumped ship to Pop. I was able to get Standard there for less than Preferred at Sports, so I jumped on it. Yes, I could have dropped to Standard at Sports, but Surfs Up was really the only theme there that appealed to me, ergo Preferred - and even then I could have been stuck in Football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter