Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

stindall

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the All Star Music resort FAQ thread! This is a place for questions, pictures, tips, and general excitement!

fa1ii.png

AbYOB.jpg

Let the rhythm move you at this Resort hotel that pays homage to some of the worlds most popular music genres, including country, jazz, rock n roll, calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. Large-sized, music-inspired icons outside and subtle song-and dance surprises inside provide a harmonious setting for music lovers of all ages.

*Please note that this thread is under construction. I noticed there wasn't a thread like this for ASMu so I thought I would start one. Information is being continually added! If you see something that should be added please feet free to let me know!*

A few musical notes:

Resort Name: Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Address: 1801 W. Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL
Tel #: 407-939-6000
Fax #: 407-939-7222
Category: Value resort
Official website: Can be found here
Opening date: November 22, 1994
# of rooms: 1920
Map: A map can be found here
Check-in time: 4:00pm
Check-out time: 11:00am

*As of 2007 all Disney resorts and guest rooms are smoke free. There are designated outdoor smoking hours. Please check the map or ask a cast member for locations.*

Rooms and Reservations:

To make room reservations: 407-934-7639 (407-WDISNEY) online here, or talk to your local travel agent.

rates: Standard ($85 $169/night), Preferred ($101 $184), and Family Suite ($202 $375/night)

Standard Room Description: Each standard room has 2 double beds or one king size bed. Rooms with a king size bed can be requested but are usually reserved for disabled guests as they have a handicap accessible bathroom. Each room includes a small refrigerator at no additional charge. Each room also contains a key operated safe. You will be charged a fee if you lose the safe key, so be careful. Room safes are small but larger safekeeping boxes are available at the front desk in Melody Hall. Rooms have a maximum four-person occupancy per room (plus one child under 3 in a crib).
For each adult over 2 there is a $10 per night charge per person.

Family Suites: Family suites sleep up to 6, plus one child in a pack-n-play crib. The master bedroom has a 27" flat screen TV as well as high speed Internet access. There is a queen bed (sleeps 2), full-size pullout sofa (sleeps 2), convertible ottoman and chair sleeper (sleeps 2). The kitchenette will have a microwave and small refrigerator (4.3 cubic feet) plus a coffeemaker. There are two full bathrooms. There is a separate thread for the family suits at All Star Music.

Room buildings: There are 4 building themes. Calypso, Jazz Inn, Rock Inn, Country Fair, and the Broadway Hotel. Each theme has 2 buildings. The Calypso buildings (1 and 10) are considered preferred because the are closest to Melody Hall, the Intermission Food Court, and the bus stops. The country fair buildings (5 and 6) are the furthest away.

Express Check-out: Express Check-out is available to all guests paying with a credit card, arrange for this service at check-in. A detailed hotel bill is delivered to your door by 7am. If the bill is correct you simply leave. Your room key serves as a Disney souvenir. Late Check-out of noon can be requested without additional cost (very limited availability). If you need Late Check-out, request it at Check-In and as soon as possible the morning of check out (the number of eligible rooms are limited). is available to all guests paying with a credit card, arrange for this service at check-in. A detailed hotel bill is delivered to your door by 7am. If the bill is correct you simply leave. Your room key serves as a Disney souvenir. Late Check-out of noon can be requested without additional cost (very limited availability). If you need Late Check-out, request it at Check-In and as soon as possible the morning of check out (the number of eligible rooms are limited).

Amenities:

pools:
  • There are two pools at All Star Music. A piano themed pool and a guitar themed pool. The guitar pool is closest to Calypso and is the main pool. It is 251000+ gallons. There is a kiddie pool near by. The piano pool is closest to country fair broadway hotel and Rock Inn. The Jazz Inn is fairly close to both. It is 106,000 gallons.
  • Both pools list their hours as 8:00 am to 12:00 midnight, but this may change depending on season. Security personnel have been know to remove noisy guests from the pools after midnight. Lifeguards are on duty at both pools daily.
  • There are no hot tubs.
  • Towels are also not available at the pool so guests must bring them from their room and request more from housekeeping.
  • Life vests can be checked out in the Note'able Arcade.
  • children in diapers are required to wear swim diapers or covers.
  • Guests from any All-Star resort can use the pool facilities of any other All-Star resort as well.

activities: Be sure to ask for a Recreation Activities flyer at check-in. All-Star Music has organized pool games throughout the day that are popular with children as well as a Disney movie in the evening. You can find a schedule of the movies here.

playgrounds: There is a small playground which is located between Jazz Inn building 9 and Calypso building 10.

gift shop: Maestro Mickey is open until 11:30pm and is located in Melody Hall. It offers a variety of Disney merchandise from character merchandise and souvenirs to ASM sports wear. A small variety of grocery items are also available, such as snacks, liquor, sundries, and beverages. Some of the grocery items (such as juice and milk) are cheaper if purchased in the gift shop rather than the food court. This is also the location where your items will be delivered if you chose resort package delivery at any of the theme parks.

Transportation: The complex is surrounded by parking lots so walks to your car, should you have one, should be short. All Star Music has been known to share buses with the other All Star Resorts during non-peak months. During busier months it's likely that the resort will have dedicated buses. Plan accordingly. Since the resort is in the Animal Kingdom area the ride to there will be shortest. The longest bus ride will be to the Magic Kingdom.

The times below are calculated after the bus leaves the resort.

• Hollywood Studios: about 10 minutes
  • Epcot: about 15 minutes
  • Animal Kingdom: about 10 minutes
  • Magic Kingdom: about 20 minutes

arcade: Like all the other value resorts, All Star Music has Note'able games. With arcades at every Disney Resort hotel, choose from a total of 1,500-plus games appropriate for all ages. Go for a personal best or go head to head against a friend as you battle aliens, play sports, race cars, dance to the beat, make music, solve puzzles or try your hand at pinball, air hockey and more. To play games, you must first purchase a Game Card and add game points using cash, a credit card or your Key to the World card at a kiosk inside the arcade. Game Cards are rechargeable and can be used at other Walt Disney World Resort arcades. Arcades are open daily. Closing times vary by location. Games are evaluated for content using American Amusement Machine Association (AAMA) standard. Purchase a Walt Disney Travel Company Magic Your Way Package, Basic Package or Passholder Package. Each Game Card credits you with 100 game points that may be used at any Disney Resort hotel, including Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. Game Card use is not restricted to your Resort hotel and points are not restricted to one Guest. Please note: The Game Card is not valid at arcades at Disney theme parks, Disney Cruise Line, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels or Good Neighbor Hotels. Offer is subject to change without notice. Limit one (1) card per room.

Ice machines: Ice machines are located near the stairwells and elevators on each floor.

Laundry: Coin operated laundry facilities are located near both the Piano and Guitar swimming pools. Coin operated washers are $2.00 per load. Dryers are $2.00 per load for 30 minutes. There is no option for any addition drying time, you will have to insert another $2.00 for 30 more minutes. Detergents are available for purchase for $1.00 per load. Additionally, laundry bags are available in each room. By completing the attached laundry list and dropping the laundry off at the Lobby Concierge desk by 8:30am, same day laundry/dry cleaning is available. This laundry service is offered 7 days a week, including holidays.

Hair wrapping: Hair wrapping is offered near the main pool at a cost of $2.00 an inch plus the cost of beads.

Caricatures: Seated just inside the doors to the pool or food court in Melody Hall is a caricature artist. They appear at all Value resorts, usually from 4pm to 10pm.

online check in: Online Check-in is available 10 days prior to your stay. Look for the special Online Check-in line at the resort's front desk.

airline check in: This is only available if you are flying domestically (includes Puerto Rico) on specific airlines It is a complimentary (free) service and allows you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding passes right at your resort on the day of your departure.

Outside of in-room pizza delivery, the Intermission Food Court is the dining option at All-Star Music. It is set up like the other All-Stars offering multiple stations offering a wide variety of items. The stations include
  • The Market - selling grocery items 6 am to midnight
  • The Bakery - selling baked goods and desserts
  • The Grill
  • The Specialty Shop
  • Pizza and Pasta
The Ice Cream shop
  • Milkshake: $4.99 - ddp
  • Ice Cream Cookie Sandwhich: $5.29 - ddp
  • Brownie Sundae: $5.89
  • ice cream sundae: $5.09 - ddp
  • Double Scoop Waffle Cone: $4.59 - ddp
  • Douple scoop sugar cone or cup: $4.29 - ddp
  • Sungle scoop waffle cone: $3.99 - ddp
  • single scoop sugar cone or cup - $3.59 - ddp

Bakery:
  • blueberry muffin: $2.79 - ddp
  • Chocolate chip muffin: $2.79 - ddp
  • cranberry orange muffin: $2.79 - ddp
  • banana bread: $3.29 - ddp
  • coffee crumb cake: $3.29 - ddp
  • brownie: $2.59 - ddp
  • freshly baked cookie: $2.39 - ddp
  • rice krispies treats special recipe $3.99 - ddp

Specialty:
  • Lasagna: $9.19
  • Carved London Broul (served with two sides): $10.69
  • Baked Chicken (served with two sides): $9.99
  • Carved Roast Turkey(served with two sides): $10.19
  • Salmon(served with two sides): $10.99
  • Create your own salad(with choice of salmon chicken, or steak): $10.99
  • chicken quesadilla (served with rice and black beans): $9.29
  • turkey and muenster focaccia (with coleslaw, cucumber salad, or house made chips): $8.99
  • beef and blue focaccia (with coleslaw, cucumber salad, or house made chips): $9.99
  • new England clam chowder: $3.49 - ddp
  • vegetable soup: $2.99 - ddp

Specialty kids picks:
  • roast turkey: $6.99
  • grilled chicken tenders: $6.99
  • tilapia sandwich: $6.99
  • turkey sandwich: $5.99
  • mac and cheese: $5.99
  • smuckers uncrustables: $5.49

grill:
  • bacon and mushroom swiss burger: $9.99
  • chicken breast nuggets: $8.69
  • chili-cheese hot dog: $8.99
  • angus bacon cheeseburger: $9.39
  • vegetable burger: $7.19
  • hot dog: $6.79
  • cheesesteak sandwich: $8.99
  • chili cheese fries: $4.99 - ddp

Grill kids picks:
  • hamburger: $5.99
  • hot dog: $5.99
  • fish sticks: $5.99

pizza and pasta:
  • individual pepperoni pizza: $7.29
  • individual vegetable pizza: $7.29
  • pasta with meatballs (with a side salad): $10.69
  • chicken penne alfredo (with a side salad): $10.69
  • Hot Italian Sandwich (with coleslaw, cucumber salad or house made chips): $8.99
  • individual cheese pizza: $6.79
  • Large Pepperoni pizza: $15.49
  • large cheese pizza: $13.99
  • large vegetable pizza: $15.49
  • six breadsticks (with marinaria sauce): $5.99
  • new england clam chowder: $3.49 - ddp

Pizza and Pasta kids picks:
  • pasta with meatball: $5.99
  • cheese pizza: $5.99
  • pepperoni pizza: $5.99
  • mac and cheese: $5.99

Singing Spirits: Singing Spirits is a bar located near the guitar swimming pool. It serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The Disney Dining Plan is not accepted here. The current alcoholic offerings are:
  • Draft Beer - Bud Light, Sam Adams or Yuengling: $5.75-$6.50
  • Bottle and Can beer: $6.25-$8.25
  • Wine - Sutter Home Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, or Merlot: $6.95
  • Superfruit Sangria - Red or White: $8.50
  • Grand Margarita: $9.75
  • Citrus Infusion: $8.75
  • Banana Cabana: $8.75
  • Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea: $9.75
  • Skinny Coconut Mojito: $8.75
  • Red Stag Lemonade: $7.50
  • Mango Margarita: $11.00
  • Captain's Mai Tai: $8.75

Refillable Mugs: Refillable mugs are available at the food court and allow unlimited refills at any of the All Star Food Courts during your stay. Currently they are $15.49 plus tax. Milk and Juice are not available for free refill in the mugs. You can fill your mugs with Coke products or with assorted teas or hot cocoa.

Pizza Delivery: You can order a pizza directly from your room for delivery or pick up. To place an order, press "Pizza
Delivery" on your in-room phone. An 18% gratuity, $3.00 delivery charge and 7% sales tax will apply to all delivery orders. A $15.00 minimum order is required.

DisneyWorld2012469.jpg

Photo courtesy of Lucys2200

sNHvZ.jpg

disney-s-all-star-music.jpg

DisneyWorld2012106.jpg

DisneyWorld2012474.jpg

DisneyWorld2012448.jpg

DisneyWorld2012072.jpg

DisneyWorld2012417.jpg

DisneyWorld2012426.jpg

DisneyWorld2012442.jpg

DisneyWorld2012451.jpg

DisneyWorld2012456.jpg

DisneyWorld2012466.jpg

DisneyWorld2012430.jpg

more photos: 1

orlando.jpg

I love ASMusic. I do have to add, I disagree where you said the busses normally share with the other all-stars. In my experience it is only during the non- rush/peak times.

Just a reminder to those of you who aren't sure of the procedure.

You don't need to post to a thread to subscribe:

Using a Web browser at the top of the thread there is "THREAD TOOLS" click on that and you will get a drop down with the choice to subscribe to the thread, click that then confirm your subscription on the next screen.

If you are using the DIS App hit your menu button then click on subscribe.

Easy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I love ASMusic. I do have to add, I disagree where you said the busses normally share with the other all-stars. In my experience it is only during the non- rush/peak times.

Agreed!!! We rarely have to share, so we rarely have to stand on the buses. There is usually a combination of dedicated and shared buses at park closing. However, if we just miss our bus we often take the Sports or Movies bus and walk over to Music from there -- it's often quicker than waiting for another bus.

They used to have pool towels in unlimited supply but last year we had to request extra towels from Mousekeeping for the pools. Anybody have an update on whether they kept that policy or went back to pool towels poolside?

one other thing -- we've walked the resort a lot of times. Country seems the furthest away from Melody Hall, but it really isn't any further than Rock or Broadway -- you're just still walking in a straight line. The rooms in Country are further from the parking lots than most of the other rooms though.

But we have yet to stay in Country -- we're almost always in Jazz.

I requested Broadway area; I just love all the pictures from there! Going in 48 days!

I requested Broadway area; I just love all the pictures from there! Going in 48 days!

I didn't make any requests but I'm hoping for Broadway! The last time I stayed there (which was probably about 10 years ago) we had stayed in Broadway and I loved it! But then again the whole resort was so fun!

I didn't make any requests but I'm hoping for Broadway! The last time I stayed there (which was probably about 10 years ago) we had stayed in Broadway and I loved it! But then again the whole resort was so fun!

You should request it if you want it -- you'll probably get it!! Most people request something closer to Melody Hall. I always make at least one room request -- I usually get everything I requested (but getting a first floor room is the top one on my list).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts