Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I know that ASMo is currently under refurbishment, but I haven't heard or seen a timeline for ASMu. I'm guessing that as soon as ASMo is finished they will move next door and start refurbishment for ASMu.

Anyone know when ASMo is expected to be complete?

I just booked an ASMU suite for spring break 2019. My DH and I stayed here back in 2002, but we haven’t done a value since. This will be a 5 night trip with a water park visit. We’re considering not even visiting a theme park as we just had a trip in June. The kids (15, 10, and 8) are kind of done with the parks at the moment, so I thought we’d save some money but still get a Disney fix with a non-park vacation.

It looks like the suites are located in Calypso and are fairly close to the food court and the pool? Is it possible to request a pool view, or are suites located on the other side? I don’t care about the noise. I think I saw that Donald is featured on one of the pools. Are there any Ducktales specific areas at ASMu? It’s my kids current Disney obsession!

It looks like the suites are located in Calypso and are fairly close to the food court and the pool? Is it possible to request a pool view, or are suites located on the other side?

Our suite was on the "back side", not facing the pool. I don't know if there are suites facing the pool, but it would be convenient! Even where we were, it was still close to the food court & pool.

We were able to snag a discounted Standard room at Music in December but it overlaps Pop Warner (cue scary music). Typically don't spend much time at the resort but am wondering whether to put in our usual request of 'ground floor' (easier on DH's knees) or try 'back side', 'near elevators', 'lower floor' or simply 'away from Pop Warner if possible'. Thoughts?

We were able to snag a discounted Standard room at Music in December but it overlaps Pop Warner (cue scary music). Typically don't spend much time at the resort but am wondering whether to put in our usual request of 'ground floor' (easier on DH's knees) or try 'back side', 'near elevators', 'lower floor' or simply 'away from Pop Warner if possible'. Thoughts?

Music is not an option for the official Pop Warner package. And even if it was, I wouldn't worry one bit. We've stayed at Sports with them 5 years in a row with zero issues.

It looks like the suites are located in Calypso and are fairly close to the food court and the pool? Is it possible to request a pool view, or are suites located on the other side? I don’t care about the noise. I think I saw that Donald is featured on one of the pools. Are there any Ducktales specific areas at ASMu? It’s my kids current Disney obsession!

I don't know if you need a subscription for this feature, but Touring Plans has a map that will let you see which rooms in which buildings are suites and what the view is from most of them. I was looking in the Jazz buildings because we want to be further from the pool noise, but in Jazz there were suites on all sides of the building.

Music is not an option for the official Pop Warner package. And even if it was, I wouldn't worry one bit. We've stayed at Sports with them 5 years in a row with zero issues.
Thanks, dansdad! I won't give it another thought. :flower1:

We were able to snag a discounted Standard room at Music in December but it overlaps Pop Warner (cue scary music).
The Pop Warner Tiny Mites and Mighty Mites Dance and Cheer Teams will be staying at All-Star Music.:)

Since the really bad incident at Music years ago,PW and Disney have really improved the "atmosphere" by strictly enforcing curfews,etc.

About all you will have to "worry" about are things like "congestion" in Intermission at times,etc.:)

And VERY excited girls!lol:)

Thanks WEDWDW! I think we'll stick with our usual 'ground floor' room request and see how it works out. Crowds and excited kids (and adults) are part of the Disney experience - I've been known to get a bit excited myself! :yay:

The non Suite rooms that have already been refurbished do have Coffee Makers in the room. So once the refurbishment is completed all rooms will have them.
What proportion of the rooms have already been refurbished? Have they started in specific blocks?

Staying here next month, in a standard. Which buildings are best to request? Thinking buildings 8 or 3? Thanks!

Staying here next month, in a standard. Which buildings are best to request? Thinking buildings 8 or 3? Thanks!
I really enjoyed the Broadway ones, not a bad walk to all star Movies if you cut through the parking log and at night the road is really cool and I love the posters.

They would be the best buildings if you want to be as close as possible to the food court/buses and main pool.
I stayed in Calypso Building 1 (preferred room), but requested parking lot side - I found the main pool very noisy.
If you have your own car, consider requesting parking side, and it might not be such a big deal to be close to the buses.

I'd choose the building 8 without hesitation. But if you are looking for a room close to the main building, then I'd request a different building

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

x7yaex17yf5k7ce0.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter