Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

We tried to add one more night to our stay and sadly found out there are no rooms left. :sad1: I guess I will just have to call every day and ask again!

We are going to be staying here in June too - can't wait
in one of the pics I saw Ariel - where is she located at??? I know I have to have my pic made with her - gotta love red-heads :lmao:

I wish I had the money to upgrade to one of the suites - that would be great with 2 teen boys

in one of the pics I saw Ariel - where is she located at??? I know I have to have my pic made with her - gotta love red-heads :lmao:

I wish I had the money to upgrade to one of the suites - that would be great with 2 teen boys

I believe she is located near the piano pool

Hi everyone just booked for 27 November for 14 days :cool1::banana:

not been back to the world in ages last year i did Disneyland California and Toyko

I usually stay at moderates like carribean, new orleans and coronado but money is tight so i figure most of the time i will be in the parks anyway. Any good advice for this resort? I am by myself

Jason from England

ASMu will be more like the size of POR to you. Just decide if you want quiet or close to the main building. The back side of most buildings is pretty quiet, so even in a preferred room in Calypso you don't necessarily have to be tripping over kids all the time.

Yup, she's by the piano pool.

You'll be ok with the air mattress -- it's not like you have to sleep on it :rotfl:

:cool1: Did the On-line check in at day 59! It was not available on day 60!?!? it gave me a few things I could request.. which I was surprised! which building (we are staying in the family suite so no real choice there) and which floor, if we wanted a landscape view, near the elevatorand if we wanted to get into our room early and if we did it would over ride all of the other request! I am not sure where it is suppose to say that we checked in already? no real fanfair at the end to say we checked in already... didn't know what to expect! :confused3 maybe it will say something later? Woo Hoo 59 more days!:woohoo:

pxydst said:
:cool1: Did the On-line check in at day 59! It was not available on day 60!?!? it gave me a few things I could request.. which I was surprised! which building (we are staying in the family suite so no real choice there) and which floor, if we wanted a landscape view, near the elevatorand if we wanted to get into our room early and if we did it would over ride all of the other request! I am not sure where it is suppose to say that we checked in already? no real fanfair at the end to say we checked in already... didn't know what to expect! :confused3 maybe it will say something later? Woo Hoo 59 more days!:woohoo:

We are 28 days away (yay!) and haven't done online check in yet. I considered doing it earlier, but I wasn't sure if there was an advantage to doing it at 60 days vs 10. Anyone know? I get when FP+ is here, I bet you have to be checked in to make your ride reservations? But what about now? Anyone know?

My boyfriend and I are going in May and it will be the first time where we're paying for the trip entirely ourselves, so we went with a value resort. We're not thinking that we'll be spending all that much time at the hotel, and from what I've seen there's not a whole lot going on there. If we don't want to hang out at the pool, are there any reasons we should plan some time to hang around ASMu?

We are 28 days away (yay!) and haven't done online check in yet. I considered doing it earlier, but I wasn't sure if there was an advantage to doing it at 60 days vs 10. Anyone know? I get when FP+ is here, I bet you have to be checked in to make your ride reservations? But what about now? Anyone know?

I think the only advantage to checking in early is skipping a good part of the line.

I travel with a cpap machine and will be staying here in the fall. Does anyone know if they sell distilled water. Thanks

My boyfriend and I are going in May and it will be the first time where we're paying for the trip entirely ourselves, so we went with a value resort. We're not thinking that we'll be spending all that much time at the hotel, and from what I've seen there's not a whole lot going on there. If we don't want to hang out at the pool, are there any reasons we should plan some time to hang around ASMu?
When we have stayed Value, we like to look around our resort a little. We like to take pictures, go swimming, check out the arcade, check out the shop, and the food court. We also like to participate in some of the resort activities. In the mornings, I really enjoy a nice walk or jog around the resort. I would suggest just spending a little time checking out the resort.

Family of 9 coming down in Oct-Nov. We are looking at ASMus. We need a family suite and then two individual rooms for grandparents. Are there connecting rooms off the family suites that are standard rooms and not suites? Would like to stay close to the grandkids. Also when is a good time to book and should we book with Disney or use outside source? Also DH is a veteran..can he get a military discount that far out or do we need to wait? I am sorry I am so full of questions. Can you tell this is our first trip!!

emsmith said:
Family of 9 coming down in Oct-Nov. We are looking at ASMus. We need a family suite and then two individual rooms for grandparents. Are there connecting rooms off the family suites that are standard rooms and not suites? Would like to stay close to the grandkids. Also when is a good time to book and should we book with Disney or use outside source? Also DH is a veteran..can he get a military discount that far out or do we need to wait? I am sorry I am so full of questions. Can you tell this is our first trip!!

I don't believe you can get a standard room that connects with a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Here's what I think is true, but won't swear to! We are also a party of 9; our dates are in April. My brother is deployed and my sister-in-law is getting us the military rate. We have a family suite and 2 preferred rooms. I'm fairly certain that you can only get preferred rooms in the buildings with the family suites. The standard rooms are not available in the family suite buildings. It is still VERY reasonable versus every other option I tried. I don't think anything is connecting and I don't think Disney will guarantee anything close to each other, but our reservations are linked, so I hope we will be reasonably close. Most of the children are teens, so I'm not too worried about proximity. I will be OK if we are near each other on the same floor.

Here are the other options I explored: 3 rooms at Port Orleans Riverside. These rooms have the banquette for a small child and 2 queens. I think that's the next least expensive option. POR has the 2 queens per room; ASMu has 2 doubles in the room (1 queen in bedroom of suite).

Art of Animation looks great, but it was way more expensive. I think POR was actually cheaper. Plus, again, I don't think the regular rooms are near the suites.

I don't know about military rates, and it would depend on the number of adults & ages of children, but another option is Saratoga Springs Tree House Villas. They have 3 bedrooms. There are other 2 bedroom options for villas.

I've finagled and finagled, and I just can't find anything cheaper than what we've got booked. Mine is the biggest family--me and 3 older teens--so we want more privacy. Plus we will have 2 bathrooms!

Let me know if you have any more questions. I've done a lot of research:surfweb:

We have had distilled water delivered from Garden Grocer.

So.... you can't buy distilled water at ASMu? Or do you just prefer garden grocer? I've never ordered from there before. My husband has a cpap and so does my step dad. Both of them will be needing distilled water for their machines.

The standard rooms are not available in the family suite buildings.

This is not true. Calypso and Jazz have suites and rooms. Only Calypso has Preferred rooms. So you can get a suite and a standard room in Jazz.

This is not true. Calypso and Jazz have suites and rooms. Only Calypso has Preferred rooms. So you can get a suite and a standard room in Jazz.

My first stay at WDW was in Calypso 10, preferred room two double beds, I think I was told I could skip the upcharge and just request Jazz as it was close but didn't want to chance it..

So.... you can't buy distilled water at ASMu? Or do you just prefer garden grocer? I've never ordered from there before. My husband has a cpap and so does my step dad. Both of them will be needing distilled water for their machines.

Many many many people will sing the praises of Garden Grocer so I think you're safe there if you choose to use it. I think I read that The Hess gas station across from Downtown Disney sells distilled water but I'm not sure if ASMu does. I'll try and do a little digging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter