Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked in a family suite, is there a map somewhere that shows the location of family suites so I can make a room request?
I don't know about specifically where in each building, but the two sections that have family suites are Jazz and Calypso.

I don't know about specifically where in each building, but the two sections that have family suites are Jazz and Calypso.

Yeah I know that much, but I can't find any info about specific areas of those buildings. I'd rather be in the Calypso building, but not if It means facing the pool. KWIM? I'll keep searching.

Oddly enough, Jazz Building isn't even an option for requests on the online check in.

Last edited:
Yeah I know that much, but I can't find any info about specific areas of those buildings. I'd rather be in the Calypso building, but not if It means facing the pool. KWIM? I'll keep searching.

Oddly enough, Jazz Building isn't even an option for requests on the online check in.
I did more digging. (Because I would rather do Disney research than work, haha!) Do you have a touring plans subscription? I went on there and used the room finder tool, and you can tell it to show you only family suites and it will show what buildings and where in the building they are. Looks like in each of the 3 wings (if you will) of the building, there are 6 family suites slightly off center of the building. No family suites on end caps. So it seems to me if you ask to be closer to parking, that's as far away from the pool as you can get.

Picture0001.jpg

That is Calypso Building 1, for example. The pool is directly below that on a map, with parking directly above, and Melody Hall to the right.

If you have a touring plans subscription, you can play with it a little more, but that's an example.

The predetermined and limited options during Online Check In is the reason I phone our requests in. That way I can describe exactly what we want.

I would request "Calypso" and "non pool facing".

I did more digging. (Because I would rather do Disney research than work, haha!) Do you have a touring plans subscription? I went on there and used the room finder tool, and you can tell it to show you only family suites and it will show what buildings and where in the building they are. Looks like in each of the 3 wings (if you will) of the building, there are 6 family suites slightly off center of the building. No family suites on end caps. So it seems to me if you ask to be closer to parking, that's as far away from the pool as you can get.

View attachment 196631

That is Calypso Building 1, for example. The pool is directly below that on a map, with parking directly above, and Melody Hall to the right.

If you have a touring plans subscription, you can play with it a little more, but that's an example.

We recently stayed in the other Calypso building first floor, exact set up just on opposite side of Melody Hall. We had a corner room end cap closest to parking. At first I didn't like it based on the description from the front desk CM since I had requested 3rd floor pool view, but it turned out to be a perfect location. Our window faced the direction of Melody Hall and had a view of plants and trees. If we went up close to the window, we could see our car off to the right in the parking lot as well as Mighty Ducks building from ASMo. It took about 20 seconds to walk to our car, under 1 minute to walk to the pool and only about 3 to walk to food court. The maps make it look a lot farther IMO.

And after a couple of days, I was very thankful we didn't face the pool. I felt like Disney did me a favor:rolleyes1

Is there enough room in a bathroom to put a pack N Play or toddler sleep cot?
If you don't need the closet to hang your clothes you can fit a pack N play in that area. You won't have a door to close it off but you will have a curtain. This is the best you can do in terms of having a separate area for the little one. Be aware, if you go this route the toilets flush very loudly. Probably best not to flush in the middle of the night 4 feet away from a sleeping baby. Also, we keep the bathroom door closed at night to cut the noise that you hear from the neighbouring bathrooms. If you're not a light sleeper it's probably not a problem.

Just booked Music with bounceback deal, we were hoping to get connecting rooms (I know this is not a guarantee but a request). What buildings with standard rooms have connecting rooms, all of them?

Just booked Music with bounceback deal, we were hoping to get connecting rooms (I know this is not a guarantee but a request). What buildings with standard rooms have connecting rooms, all of them?
Can't say for sure that Jazz has any( I'm thinking they don't because of the suites) but the other buildings do.

No. The bathrooms are very tiny. You can probably wedge the toddler sleep cot over by the door.

Sorry I quoted the wrong post! I meant to respond to the person asking the question not giving a response :)

No but you probably could pull it into the kitchenette if needed or by the window in the main room. I assume you don't it in your bedroom? There could be room in there if that's not a concern. Once you have all 3 pull outs opened up, things get tight!

That being said, enjoy your trip, we loved it there and my 4 yr old asks me every day if we can stay at "green Disney" next time! (Calypso buildings are bright green!)

This would show how the rooms are laid out EXCEPT for the suites.

AllStarRoomLayout.jpg

Does anyone happen to know if this thread (or any thread) can tell me window height and width? Trying to get my decorations planned out and needed to know this for lights or tinsel or ribbon border.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!