Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

We just got back from a stay in one of the suites. It was me, my 18 year old daughter, and a friend of hers. I let the girls sleep in the bedroom--mostly so the living room could stay neat and tidy. I didn't want the magical trip marred by me being driven crazy by them having stuff all over the living area! I slept on the pull out couch and found it surprisingly comfortable. I didn't think the mattress was that thin and there was no sagging or bar in the middle to make sleeping difficult. It seemed on the firm side--which I like. If you like a nice soft, cushy mattress, you might not like it.

Have any of you stayed in both the suites at ASM and at AoA? I'm wondering how they compare. It seems like AoA has an additional separate sleeping "section" with the Murphy bed so as not to tie up the living area, which I like. Just not sure if that's a big enough reason for the extra $.

Also, does anyone know if the suites were included in free dining last year? I saw on an early post that they were excluded, but that was years ago.

TIA
A little late in response, but maybe this will help someone else!

We have stayed at both resorts twice (2 adults, 2 kids). In general, AOA is much more festive. The theming is really well done.

As far as the rooms, it really comes down to preference of layout. My husband prefered the master bathroom location of AOA. In ASM suites, you have to go through the kitchen to get from bedroom to bathroom. In AOA, it was more like a master bedroom /bathroom layout.

I felt like the AOA living room layout was less cramped. ASM had a lot of furniture to give you room for 4 people to sleep in the living room. If any of the beds (sofa, chair, ottoman) were out, it was difficult for more than one person to get around. With the AOA living room, both beds could be open and there was still plenty of room to get around. I also really liked the four person table at AOA. ASM had only a two person table. I also liked that big 4 person table right by the front door because we would throw everything on it when we were back from the parks!

We prefer AOA, and I don't think that I would stay at ASM again unless they change the layout.

To me, the best part of the suites is a separate bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and the kitchenette. Both resorts have those, so you can't go wrong!

Thinking about going back to ASMu possibly for a large family trip in May 2019. We stayed in a suite in 2015 (I discussed this just a few pages back!) and I was more leaning toward AoA bc I love the theming, but my kids have watched YouTube tours of both and want to go back to Music. It would be several hundred dollars cheaper for a weeks stay. We could stay at Riverside for less but I know my family appreciates the space and 2 bathrooms.

My in laws would go as well and eat their own suite (3-4 ppl) and possibly my brother in laws fam (4 ppl) in their own room/suite. I could see them just getting a standard room and either not staying all week or not as many park days. I know my mother in law would rather have more space and be willing to spend more for a suite for them.

We have a long while until that trip, but trying to nail down a plan so everyone knows what to save. Looking forward to possibly returning to Music!

How comfortable are the pull out beds, have 4 adults, 3 year old and 1 1/2 . Me, Wife, daughter, sil, and 2 grandkids. Have prefferd room at CBR, I know they have construction going on. I the lack of contruction, and $400 less worth changing to a suite here.
CBR at least has queen beds. Since we are splitting the the cost down the middle, which would be the better option? Bedroom would be nice for the kids naps, but not a breaking point.
Stayed preffered room at Music before, I like the resort, if it was just the wife and I would be staying there! Plus IF free dining does come out I would already be at a moderate, so may not have to upgrade, of course when and if that discout does come out I will have to check prices again anyhow!

How comfortable are the pull out beds, have 4 adults, 3 year old and 1 1/2 . Me, Wife, daughter, sil, and 2 grandkids. Have prefferd room at CBR, I know they have construction going on. I the lack of contruction, and $400 less worth changing to a suite here.
CBR at least has queen beds. Since we are splitting the the cost down the middle, which would be the better option? Bedroom would be nice for the kids naps, but not a breaking point.
Stayed preffered room at Music before, I like the resort, if it was just the wife and I would be staying there! Plus IF free dining does come out I would already be at a moderate, so may not have to upgrade, of course when and if that discout does come out I will have to check prices again anyhow!

We stayed in a family suite. DH & I had the bedroom. DD, MIL, & Mom had the pullouts. No one complained, so I assume they were fine.

Thank you, just not sure if the pullouts would be comfortable for the daughter and ail. And not that much of a price difference from cbr.

So I currently have my DS and his DGF and her DS and my DD booked here in Sept. Is ASMU family suites normally excluded from free dining or room only discounts?

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered...I know that a refub is going on. I have a reservation in October. Is the refub identical to Pop? Will there be coffee makers in the updated rooms?

Dawn

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered...I know that a refub is going on. I have a reservation in October. Is the refub identical to Pop? Will there be coffee makers in the updated rooms?

Dawn
I don't think the refurb will even be started by then.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can the ottoman or the chair fit through the doorway to the bedroom?

We'd like to try the Mickey Tie-Dye at the resort, on a Saturday. Does anyone know about how long it takes? It starts at 4pm. I have a 520pm ADR at 1900 Park Fare. I was planning on getting a taxi at 450pm. Does that seem like enough time?

We just got back from a 6 night stay in a family suite. My husband, 9 month old and myself slept in the bedroom. The mattress was rather bouncy and the sides were very hard, with the middle being softer. My two older/larger step-kids slept on the pull-out couch. They didn't complain about comfort but the bars on the sides really hurt when you tried to sit on the edge of the bed. My smaller step-son tried sleeping on the pull-out chair but said it was really uncomfortable so the first night he folded it back up and slept on the chair and ottoman together. The second night we took the ottoman mattress and put it on top of the chair mattress to make it softer. He slept on that sometimes but then other morning I woke up to all 3 of them on the pull-out couch.

We enjoyed the extra space but I don't think we will be back to a family suite, at least at Music. We might try AoA, but we will probably just stick with requesting 2 connecting rooms at POP or Movies and "risking" it. That way we will still have 2 bathrooms and everyone will have a proper bed.

Thinking about going back to ASMu possibly for a large family trip in May 2019. We stayed in a suite in 2015 (I discussed this just a few pages back!) and I was more leaning toward AoA bc I love the theming, but my kids have watched YouTube tours of both and want to go back to Music. It would be several hundred dollars cheaper for a weeks stay. We could stay at Riverside for less but I know my family appreciates the space and 2 bathrooms.

My in laws would go as well and eat their own suite (3-4 ppl) and possibly my brother in laws fam (4 ppl) in their own room/suite. I could see them just getting a standard room and either not staying all week or not as many park days. I know my mother in law would rather have more space and be willing to spend more for a suite for them.

We have a long while until that trip, but trying to nail down a plan so everyone knows what to save. Looking forward to possibly returning to Music!

When are you looking at in May 2019? I was looking at either the first or second full week of may, and no suites are available. Perhaps a refurb going on then? (one can wish...)

Dawn

Are you talking about the suites or the regular rooms at Music?

Bumping this, since I'm probably not the only one who didn't even know it existed! If you've been at the ASMu Family Suites lately, do you remember if there was a freezer section in the fridge? Somewhere recently I read a comment along the lines of, "Now that the fridges don't have freezers..." Before we place our grocery order, I'd like to know if I need to stick to shelf-stable snacks for the parks or if I'll be able to freeze our ice packs. Thanks!

Bumping this, since I'm probably not the only one who didn't even know it existed! If you've been at the ASMu Family Suites lately, do you remember if there was a freezer section in the fridge? Somewhere recently I read a comment along the lines of, "Now that the fridges don't have freezers..." Before we place our grocery order, I'd like to know if I need to stick to shelf-stable snacks for the parks or if I'll be able to freeze our ice packs. Thanks!

I was there in July and I'm fairly confident (like 90% sure) that there was a small freezer section, like the small ones for ice trays with a flap on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!