Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We have a preferred room at Movies in late August (it was the cheapest option with the D+ discount). Any view/room recommendations? We prefer 3rd floor. How "blocked" are the views from the icons? Right now I'm thinking 3rd floor Fantasia, overlooking the pool.

I can’t really help you per se but would like to point out how loud it is facing the pool. Well, it was for the ducks pool. The afternoon wasn’t bad, but in the evening until it closed at 11 it was very noisy in our second floor room. Not really a big deal because we weren’t trying to sleep (and we probably could’ve if we tried as we aren’t light sleepers) but I was just shocked at how much screaming was coming from the pool area later at night.

What about the beds in the standard room? We need the 2 queen option not the king. Is this something we can request or is it just hit or miss?

What about the beds in the standard room? We need the 2 queen option not the king. Is this something we can request or is it just hit or miss?
There are fewer king rooms and I've heard they can be hard to get even when requested, so I think the 2 queen rooms are kind of the default. They also won't assign you to a king room if you have 3+ people over the age of 3 staying in the room. If you only have 2 people staying in the room but would prefer a 2 queen room, you can call to have that listed as a request on your reservation.

Refurbishment for Three Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools Announced for 2024

The Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools that will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024 are:

• Fantasia Pool at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Fuentes del Morro Pool at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Doubloon Lagoon at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
While the Featured Pools on the above list will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024, have no fear as there are still opportunities to have some wet fun in the sun during your visit at each Resort Hotel listed.

Hello! Thinking of staying here for the first time in October. Are there any standard rooms in the Fantasia buildings? Fantasia is my sons favorite and I would love to stay there but staying under budget is also goal.. just curious if we would have any chance with a standard room or if I need to set expectations now. Thank you!

Hello! Thinking of staying here for the first time in October. Are there any standard rooms in the Fantasia buildings? Fantasia is my sons favorite and I would love to stay there but staying under budget is also goal.. just curious if we would have any chance with a standard room or if I need to set expectations now. Thank you!

No advice for you as we've never stayed here before yet, but wondering the same with Toy Story right now. My kids are huge Toy Story fans, but preferred just isn't in the budget this time. I've already started preparing them for the likelihood that we won't get lucky with a Toy Story building-- "We can still walk around and look no matter what section our room is in!"

No advice for you as we've never stayed here before yet, but wondering the same with Toy Story right now. My kids are huge Toy Story fans, but preferred just isn't in the budget this time. I've already started preparing them for the likelihood that we won't get lucky with a Toy Story building-- "We can still walk around and look no matter what section our room is in!"
I don't like being the bearer of less-favorable news but unfortunately the Fantasia and Toy Story sections are all preferred rooms as is 101 Dalmatians. Mighty Ducks and Love Bug are all standard rooms. The room types aren't intermixed like they are at some of the Disney resorts. If you got Love Bug you'd walk through the Fantasia section to get to/from the main building. Unfortunately Toy Story is kind of off by itself. But yes, definitely walk around and look at everything! There are lots of fun photo ops in every section. The interiors of the rooms are all the same if that helps. IIRC the rooms used to have unique details in each section, but they're all the same now.

And,for newcomers to Movies,if you do go with a Standard Room,request Mighty Ducks.

It has its "own" Pool and Laundry and,best of all,it is SO close to Melody Hall at Music,that it is almost Like having a Preferred Room at Music!

We love staying in Mighty Ducks!

And,for newcomers to Movies,if you do go with a Standard Room,request Mighty Ducks.

It has its "own" Pool and Laundry and,best of all,it is SO close to Melody Hall at Music,that it is almost Like having a Preferred Room at Music!

We love staying in Mighty Ducks!

Are you saying that from Mighty Ducks the buses are closer Music's Bus Stop than from it's own resort?

Are you saying that from Mighty Ducks the buses are closer Music's Bus Stop than from it's own resort?

We used this trick for a couple nights our last trip and were amazed. We were at the bus stop for music in no time. We walked so that we came in from the front of music. You had to walk on the road without a sidewalk for a little bit, but nothing major. You can walk where you’d have to come through the music building if you don’t want to walk in the road with no sidewalk but it wasn’t busy so no big deal.

You are also closer to the music food court. We only spent two nights, but we loved our location in the ducks section (minus the noise from the pool in the evening until the pool closed at 11).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter